Buying a car in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by sarah_lee001 Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

Thanks for all the previous advice on plates in Spain and Gib, etc. I would just like to ask what the procedure is for buying a car in Spain - is it long winded and expensive and should I rent a car when I first move to Spain or is it straightforward and can be done in a few days? I may be interested in buying a small new car - are loans available - do you need to have been a resident in Spain for so long? Also, are new cars cheaper to buy in Spain than in the UK or pretty much the same?

Like 0      
27 Apr 2009 7:14 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

You certainly don't need to be a resident to buy a car as we're going to do it & we're non residents. Our friends who are non residents on our road in Spain, (two couples actually) have bought. You need an up to date Padron & NIE too though.

Certainly second hand cars are a LOT more expensive in Spain than in the UK.  All this has been covered in the Driving in Spain & more likely General chat as too many more specific issues are being posted in there, sadly.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 4/27/2009.

Like 0      
31 May 2009 6:36 PM by delza Star rating. 77 posts Send private message

You certainly do not need to be a resident of Spain to buy a car however you will need an NIE number and a form of 'permanant' address.

Like 0      
31 May 2009 6:36 PM by delza Star rating. 77 posts Send private message

You certainly do not need to be a resident of Spain to buy a car however you will need an NIE number and a form of 'permanant' address.

Like 0      
31 May 2009 9:50 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

Hi

We bought a car about a year ago and only needed our NIE number and our certificate from signing on the Padron, which took about a week and needed our rental agreement with NIE Numbers for both us and the owner. Buying the car was quite straight forward.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
01 Jun 2009 9:20 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Of course, you do not need to be a resident to buy a car in Spain. O km cars are a good deal, we bought ours that way and have a considerable discount. I would not advise you to buy a second hand one though,but it is just my opinion.

Loans? There must be posibilities but cannot say to you with certainty in present times.

I know of a great Km0 car dealer in Guadalajara. Very honest and serious man. He sells Okm Cars nationwide.

Best regards,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
01 Jun 2009 1:04 PM by sarah_lee001 Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

Thanks for the info but apologies for my ignorance - what is a Okm car? Is it a new car??

Like 0      
24 Jul 2009 4:44 PM by lomasgirl Star rating in I'm in Belgium and L.... 24 posts Send private message

I also want to know more about a 0km car.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Toyota Yaris for Sale - 0 posts
Van or pick up with driver/labourer needed - 0 posts
Brilliant News folks - 2 posts
QUESTION FOR MARIA - 1 posts
Community Deeds - 5 posts
Happy story about agent and buying in Spain - 13 posts
Olvera, Cadiz information urgently required! - 7 posts
Anyone know a good place to buy a Beagle Pup - 7 posts
people carrier/mini bus required - 4 posts
certificate of non residence. - 13 posts
A week to go.....help with finding an Apartment - 3 posts
which car insurance post again - 16 posts
Hi again from Lisa at Spectrum FM - Still looking for people to interview. - 7 posts
mortgage let down - 8 posts
Bosque de las Lomas 2 ~ Orihuela - 14 posts
future owner - 16 posts
Jet 2 Flights 99p Leeds Bradford to Murcia - 2 posts
Long-term-parking in Alicante or ?? - 5 posts
FURNITURE SCAM - 0 posts
Electrical Tarrifs. - 0 posts
BMI flight cancellation. Looking for alternatives please. - 4 posts
I this how I do it? Does my post look good in this? - 4 posts
A BIG THANK YOU ! To Sharon Wyndham and Smiley. - 5 posts
Information on Financial advisors in Spain - 1 posts
Driving updates and local Info - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x