Olvera, Cadiz information urgently required!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by MaisyDaisy Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi-

Unsure if anyone can help with information on Olvera- I am planning a trip there and intend on staying for three months, but have tried googling the town, but information is currently scant.

Does anyone have any information on the town, towns nearest to it? Also is the transportation to and fro reliable- they have stated that the beach is 90 minutes away-

Any info would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Like 0      
27 Apr 2009 5:47 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

http://www.andalucia.com/province/cadiz/olvera/home.htm

I am linking here how tro get there from Jerez airport. Beaches are 10 mins from Jerez: http://maps.google.es/maps?daddr=Olvera&geocode=&dirflg=&saddr=jerez+airport&f=d&hl=es&gl=es&sll=36.994327,-5.267944&sspn=0.206206,0.439453&ie=UTF8&z=10

Olvera is a white town village where you will find the real spanish taste.People are near, friendly and helpful. Probably not many foreigners. You have got Arcos, where there are many britons very close. Olvera can get a bit hot ( dry) in summer:. Not big deal... just look for a swimming pool near yours... and it will be fine .Hot lowers at night.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
28 Apr 2009 10:48 AM by MaisyDaisy Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thanks a million for the links and information. I will continue googling as well...

Like 0      
28 Apr 2009 12:48 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Good luck! I am familiar with the area as my dad was born in Grazalema and I spent all my summers ( till I got married) there, in my little paradise: Grazalema! 

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
28 Apr 2009 1:24 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Sounds so idlyllic Maria. Maisydaisy, I'm wondering why you are going to somewhere for three months that you know nothing about.

I Googled for 'Olvera Spain' just now & see a couple are blogging about their life there so you should read that as it seems to have lots of posts & many places of interest detailed. It's called Olvera Diary http://olveradiary.blogspot.com/2008/03/rain-in-spain.html They've had over 24,000 people look at it !!

They say 'not too serious pictorial account of our life in Olvera, Cadiz, Spain since moving from the UK for a better quality of life in July 2007. So far it's working out just fine'.

I think this is what you need to read. Maria will, no doubt, find it very interesting & I have saved the link to my favourites so, when I have a moment  I can read it too.

Like 0      
28 Apr 2009 1:34 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Thanks for this More! The great post is of course, about my Grazalema!

http://olveradiary.blogspot.com/search/label/Grazalema

Maria

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 4/28/2009.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
30 Apr 2009 2:51 PM by mountainwalker Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

We spent 5 months in Grazalema a year ago. We did some hiking in the nature parks of Grazalema and Alocornocales.

As mentioned, the locals are friendly and helpful, but the language is a problem. We speak Castilian Spanish, but the accent in Cadiz is... well, difficult. And still, they are so proud of it. "Isn't it great! If we go 15 kilometres to Alcornocales, we cannot understand them either", they kept telling us with a broad smile on their faces.

Anyway, I prefer this part of Andalusia to Costa del Sol. And, there are some very nice hiking routes. You will find the route descriptions in English www.topwalks.net/en/index.htm

I recommend the routes in Grazalema. In Alcornocales you will need a permission to visit the most interesting routes (those are not included in the above mentioned website). The routes starting from Grazalema and Benaocaz plus the Villaluenga-Llanos de Libar  route were our favourites.

Our favourite towns/villages were Grazalema, Arcos de Frontera, Zahara de la Sierra and Ronda.

In a restaurant you should try Gazpacho, Lechazo, Osso Bucco, Pierna de Cordero, Conejo, Champiñones Rellenos, Caracoles, Revuelto de Gambas, Bacalao, Sepia, Calamares, Mejillones...

Like 0      
30 Apr 2009 3:06 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I love you Mountainwalker!

Whay do not we organise a reunion for EOS members there, in Grazalema? We can combine it with a legal seminar on any aspect you want to learn about.

Love Grazalema and surroundings! It is a paradise!

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 4/30/2009.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Anyone know a good place to buy a Beagle Pup - 7 posts
people carrier/mini bus required - 4 posts
certificate of non residence. - 13 posts
A week to go.....help with finding an Apartment - 3 posts
which car insurance post again - 16 posts
Hi again from Lisa at Spectrum FM - Still looking for people to interview. - 7 posts
mortgage let down - 8 posts
Bosque de las Lomas 2 ~ Orihuela - 14 posts
future owner - 16 posts
Jet 2 Flights 99p Leeds Bradford to Murcia - 2 posts
Long-term-parking in Alicante or ?? - 5 posts
FURNITURE SCAM - 0 posts
Electrical Tarrifs. - 0 posts
BMI flight cancellation. Looking for alternatives please. - 4 posts
I this how I do it? Does my post look good in this? - 4 posts
A BIG THANK YOU ! To Sharon Wyndham and Smiley. - 5 posts
Information on Financial advisors in Spain - 1 posts
Driving updates and local Info - 1 posts
Free Information?? - 1 posts
Non Resident Tax Returns - 46 posts
A week in Almoradi - any must see's or do's in the surrounding area? - 6 posts
British women are the fattest in Europe - 4 posts
Cot Wanted - 0 posts
Have a look at this, just click on the airport & check flights, ingenious. - 0 posts
murica airport help please - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x