certificate of non residence.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by mhairi Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

hi there,

I have been asked to produce a certificate of non residence, but i don't know where to get one because am not spanish and i don't and have never lived there. My parents were spanish and it's to do with selling their property which i inherited. Can someone help?

Like 0      
26 Apr 2009 2:38 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi mhairi, welcome to EOS forum

I know that when you are a non resident of Spain (as I am) & you have a Spanish bank account (as I have) you have to sign a form (which I do)  that the bank gives you every two years saying you're not a resident of Spain. (Declaration of Non Residence)

I'd contact your parents Spanish bank, they should advise you further.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 4/26/2009.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2009 2:47 PM by mhairi Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

My parents died years ago. The bank accounts were closed ages ago by my sister (i think). It's the Notario who asked for this so i could sell the property. Would goin to thir old bank help?  

Like 0      
26 Apr 2009 2:56 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I will ask our resident lawyer on the forum to advise you, mhairi. It may be a couple of days though, so don't think we've forgooten you, ok ?

Her name is Maria de Castro. She helps many on here.

I assume you have a lawyer who advises you,  to do what ? Seems amazing he/she can't sort it out.

Anyway, please don't worry, it'll be fine I'm sure. Just takes time.

Like 0      
26 Apr 2009 3:00 PM by mhairi Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

27 Apr 2009 5:59 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

http://www.map.es/servicios/servicios_on_line/extranjeria/modelos_oficiales_solicitudes/ex13/document_es/ex13.pdf

You can apply for it either in Spain ( personally ir through proxy with Power of Attorney)  or abroad ( at the Spanish Embassy or Consulates). As you can see the form is the same for residency and not residency certificates.

You will have to enclose the documentation that prove the reasons for applying for the " non residency" certificate ( your parents death certicates and will)

Hope this helps!

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
27 Apr 2009 12:07 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Maria, thanks for answering my PM to you asking you to pop into the thread to advise mhairi. I see you couldn't sleep again.  

You're a star.

Like 0      
27 Apr 2009 12:29 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Well... I got up very early to feed Jacobo and then, just stayed up for my other " kids".

Best wishes,

Maria 

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
27 Apr 2009 6:39 PM by mhairi Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

thank you    that is great.

Like 0      
28 Apr 2009 6:33 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Good luck! Please let us know how it goes so people can know how to act in those cases.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
28 Apr 2009 6:46 PM by mhairi Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

sorry to appear so dense, but officialdom baffles me......where in spain can i go to get that certificate? I did goto the conulate in London to give my auntie power of attorney, but when she got to the lawyer in spain they told her I had to get the certificate despite the fact that the paper drawn up specifically mentioned the certificate , so am very confused now..

Like 0      
28 Apr 2009 8:17 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Some things cannot be done by others and maybe you have to make a personal appearance in order to apply for the certificate? I know the NIEs are really hard to get by poa and used to be very easy.

Good luck with it and please let us know how you went on as there may be other people needing the same information.

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
29 Apr 2009 5:53 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Correct, residency or non residency certificate need to be aplied for in person. If abroad, you need to go to the Spanish Embassy or Consulate.

Not the same for NIEs, which can be applied for by proxies.

Best,

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
29 Apr 2009 6:25 PM by tony.c Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Keep in mind also that it is the Spanish tax authority or "Hacienda" that provides proof of tax residency and certificates that you are a tax resident in Spain. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

A week to go.....help with finding an Apartment - 3 posts
which car insurance post again - 16 posts
Hi again from Lisa at Spectrum FM - Still looking for people to interview. - 7 posts
mortgage let down - 8 posts
Bosque de las Lomas 2 ~ Orihuela - 14 posts
future owner - 16 posts
Jet 2 Flights 99p Leeds Bradford to Murcia - 2 posts
Long-term-parking in Alicante or ?? - 5 posts
FURNITURE SCAM - 0 posts
Electrical Tarrifs. - 0 posts
BMI flight cancellation. Looking for alternatives please. - 4 posts
I this how I do it? Does my post look good in this? - 4 posts
A BIG THANK YOU ! To Sharon Wyndham and Smiley. - 5 posts
Information on Financial advisors in Spain - 1 posts
Driving updates and local Info - 1 posts
Free Information?? - 1 posts
Non Resident Tax Returns - 46 posts
A week in Almoradi - any must see's or do's in the surrounding area? - 6 posts
British women are the fattest in Europe - 4 posts
Cot Wanted - 0 posts
Have a look at this, just click on the airport & check flights, ingenious. - 0 posts
murica airport help please - 3 posts
Our AGM is June 1st: How do I go about 'suggesting' we have a new President ? - 8 posts
MUSTANG GT FOR SALE - 0 posts
Murcia Nightlife - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x