I am writing this out of sheer frustration......

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 302 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

I need to put this into writing to get it off my chest.  I know that there are others who have experienced exactly what I am going through and this is nothing new.

I exercised my bank guarantee in June 2008, the developer refused to pay and I  took them to court where the Judge ruled in my favour and ordered them to repay my deposit plus interest plus costs.  Guess what??  they refused or did not make an attempt to repay the money. 

The Bank guarantee is with an insurance company and the judge has now ruled that their assets should be seized to repay me my money plus interest plus costs.  I do not know exactly how long ago this was as I have to email my Lawyer to enquire what is happening as they do not automatically email me to keep me updated.  The last email I sent was on the 31st of March and I received a reply a few days later telling me about the seizure of assets, the reply did not give me a date so this could have been months previously.

THE MOST FRUSTRATION THING is not knowing what is happening, I would like to receive an email that has not been prompted by me asking questions and for it to include actual dates of when rulings were made and what the next steps and timeframes are. Even an email to say there is no change once a week is better than nothing.

I feel better for sharing this with you.

Kel

Like 0      
22 Apr 2009 5:12 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Some comments as I have located some contradictions in the text, just in case you need to revise the information you have. I am adding some commentaries in bold green within the same text below:

I need to put this into writing to get it off my chest.  I know that there are others who have experienced exactly what I am going through and this is nothing new.

I exercised my bank guarantee in June 2008, the developer ? refused to pay and I  took them  developer?  if you are executing a Bank Guarantee, the one to be taken to COurt is the Bank, never the developer to court where the Judge ruled in my favour and ordered them whom? to repay my deposit plus interest plus costs.  Guess what??  they refused or did not make an attempt to repay the money. 

The Bank guarantee is with an insurance company and the judge has now ruled that their assets should be seized to repay me my money plus interest plus costs.  I do not know exactly how long ago this was as I have to email my Lawyer to enquire what is happening as they do not automatically email me to keep me updated.  The last email I sent was on the 31st of March and I received a reply a few days later telling me about the seizure of assets, the reply did not give me a date so this could have been months previously.

THE MOST FRUSTRATION THING is not knowing what is happening, I would like to receive an email that has not been prompted by me asking questions and for it to include actual dates of when rulings were made and what the next steps and timeframes are. Even an email to say there is no change once a week is better than nothing.

I feel better for sharing this with you.

I understand your frustration as we, as a team, are 100%  concentrated in clients´care in legal services, we are aware of how difficult is to suffer the uncertainty. I would advise you to just wait for news once a month as Court rythm is much slower and your frustration will keep increasing if you maintain that high time-related expectatives.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
22 Apr 2009 5:29 PM by MAGICMEG Star rating in Scotland. 546 posts Send private message

Maria would one  first have to go to court to resolve the contract  with the developer  then take the bank to court to execute the BG  ?

Nothing surprises me anymore  

but I am willing to accept that sometimes (although not very often ) I can be  wrong !

Like 0      
22 Apr 2009 7:58 PM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 302 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

Hi Maria,

Thanks for your comments, the contradictions you have highlighted help to quantify my frustration.  Perhaps as a well respected lawyer who is 100% commited to client care, you ought to set an example to others in your profession by emailing your clients with a chronological sequence of events such as whom has been Court and when, along with a brief comment on the next course of action and the expected date of conclusion. 

I work in the private sector installing equipment in peoples homes and one of the biggest sources of complaint was where we had not kept customers informed of delays, either where it was our fault or that of our suppliers.  Since introducing and monitoring a system where updates are sent at regular intervals i.e. 5, 10 and 15 days we have reduced our complaints significantly.  A reputation for customer care cannot be bought it has to be earned. 

Obviously I would not expect updates from my Lawyer in thoses short timescales but as you suggest an email once a month would be better than nothing.

Thanks again

Kelju

Like 0      
23 Apr 2009 9:50 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

MACIMEG: Both at the same time.

KELJU: You are completely right and by the way... thanks a lot for your suggestion and advise. One of the most interesting thing I appreciated when I visited London at the beginning of this month is that the clients care culture is much more mature there in the UK than here in Spain, and it was challenging for my as a team leader.

Ouer efforts as a team  are concentrated on you and have been ( for months) preparing an online autoupdate system which is about to be launched... hopefully before the summer vacations. It has taken longer than expected but it is going to be fantastic.

Clients, person oriented companies and structures always succeed.. it is our ultimate mother-idea.

Again, understand your frustration nad would  just say to you 8 If you admitt it) to ask your lawyer t send an update email once a month ( even if nothing has happened). That´s what we are trying to implement.

From here, my most sincere apologies to all the clients of CLL who feel themselves short of updates and my certain assurance that, as we have been working for months on that, a great  clients´information system is about to be launched.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
23 Apr 2009 1:01 PM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 302 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

Hi Maria,

Wow! what a brilliant idea to launch an online update system, this should set CLL head and shoulders above the competition and help to start a revolution of client care.  Where innovators lead others follow.

As I have said, a lack of communication is very frustrating and gradually builds until the frustration turns into anger.  If only the courts would follow your example and communicate dates of decisions and dates when the decision has been sent to the responsible persons, that way we would all have an idea of what is happening and when.

Good luck with your new system.

Kelju

Like 0      
23 Apr 2009 1:19 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Thanks for your wonderful encouragement.

Maria 

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Trampoline 12ft including protective netting + ladder brand new - 6 posts
Renting out a property - 7 posts
Renting out a propery - 8 posts
Ryanair..Have you booked a flight? - 3 posts
Warning! Beware of Autos Velerin in Estepona - 3 posts
Polaris World Terrazas de la Torre Golf Resort - 4 posts
Hi All - 1 posts
Anyone living on a mobile home site? - 1 posts
Can you transfer money ..... - 16 posts
Court Embargo - 2 posts
Copy of Developers Bank Guarantee - 10 posts
What's a 'ticker'? - 9 posts
Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics...("And the band played believe it if you like...") - 5 posts
Is TV on your PC really possible? - 18 posts
Barclays Sabi - 2 posts
Number of posts - 5 posts
'C' Bar in Duquesa - 28 posts
Weather in June in Alicante - 6 posts
learning spanish - 3 posts
jive alive with jukebox - 0 posts
Check if your lawyer is registered - 7 posts
Car Hire - 4 posts
To warm your heart today ...................... - 4 posts
yellie38 - 3 posts
Vet near Madrid - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x