Polaris World Terrazas de la Torre Golf Resort

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by lpalm6 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

I signed a contract in November 2007 after visiting and choosing a proprerty off plan.  It was due to be built by now and the work has not even started. 

I now want to cancel the contract without losing any money and want to know if anyone has done the same thing and how they did it.  Our inital deposit was paid whilst out in spain and then we paid a further amount which had a bank guarantee within 30 days and then paid a further amount by 90 days, which was in by February 2008 and still have never received a bank guarantee from Polaris world.  Our solicitor still has this money?

From all the forum posts, i dont believe the resort will be completed and am losing confidence and patience and just want my money back without any fuss and minimal financial loss.  I ahve just lost my job and had a kid so additional reasons to get out now.

Please can someone help, i have contacted my solicitor over the past 3 months with letters, phonecalls and emails and am not getting anywhere.

Regards

Lee

Like 0      
21 Apr 2009 11:15 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Hi Lee,

Your contract should state the terms and conditions and when you can pull out without penalty etc. If you cannot reach your old lawyer then get hold of a new one, send him/her your details and get them on the case asap.

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
22 Apr 2009 5:58 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Hello Lee:

I guess you paid the money to the developer´s account or lawyer in charge and have a signed contract. You can execute the guarantee  ( if the conditions for that concur: http://www.eyeonspain.com/spain-magazine/bank-guarantee-legal.aspx) that you have got and then use a declarative procedure for the rest of the amount, which has not been guaranteed.

Fight hard!

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
22 Apr 2009 3:33 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Try searching for the thread""Refunds from Polaris World". Lots of info in there. Cannot send you private message  re the solicitor we used as you have not posted enough times. Will not be around for a while as off to Uk for a visit so hope Justin will not mind if I post contact details.

Antonio Rafael Ferrandez Garcia, Calle San Miguel 6, Entlo,30201 Cartagena. Tel 968 52 10 08 Fax 968 50 80 40.

Best of luck

Jean

Like 0      
22 Apr 2009 8:47 PM by lpalm6 Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Thank you, i will ask for our bank guarantee and see what happens and instruct our solicitor to return our money in limbo.

Thanks for the advice, although it sounds like the hard work starts now.

Lee

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hi All - 1 posts
Anyone living on a mobile home site? - 1 posts
Can you transfer money ..... - 16 posts
Court Embargo - 2 posts
Copy of Developers Bank Guarantee - 10 posts
What's a 'ticker'? - 9 posts
Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics...("And the band played believe it if you like...") - 5 posts
Is TV on your PC really possible? - 18 posts
Barclays Sabi - 2 posts
Number of posts - 5 posts
'C' Bar in Duquesa - 28 posts
Weather in June in Alicante - 6 posts
learning spanish - 3 posts
jive alive with jukebox - 0 posts
Check if your lawyer is registered - 7 posts
Car Hire - 4 posts
To warm your heart today ...................... - 4 posts
yellie38 - 3 posts
Vet near Madrid - 0 posts
Driving age in spain - 4 posts
Driving with pets - 1 posts
I do hope Mr O Leary of ryanair doesn't read this - 9 posts
good restaurants in Villamartin, Orihuella, San Miguel..? - 5 posts
Rudina web site - 3 posts
Jake Van Kralingen - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x