Search and new site problems

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Hi Justin

The search facility is still "flaky" to say the least. I have been looking for the "new site live" thread and couldn't find it. There were loads of unrelated threads brought up using this search term, but that is all I caould remember about it. So, I turn to search for a member and it only brings up the last 20 threads made by that member. That doesn't help as the EOS Team have been a bit productive in te forum recently and I can find no way of going back further.

On the plus side, the notifications seem to be working now

Mark

Like 0      
25 Mar 2009 6:21 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Mark, thanks for the feedback.  We were just making some changes this week on it.

You will find it's a bit better now as we're starting to upload the changes.

Thanks

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
27 Mar 2009 3:30 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Hi Justin

Are you going to be changing the search facility? I wanted to look for a post of mine from last year but I am still only given the last 20 posts from me which is a little frustrating .

Mark

Like 0      
27 Mar 2009 7:15 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Mark

I forgot we had a listing limit on that page!

We'll take a look at it next week.

Try the Google search on the site for the time being and see if you can find the post using that.

Thanks

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
27 Mar 2009 7:33 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

No, couldn't find it, but certainly got a lot more results!! Just out of interest, where is the lin on the forum for the Google site search as I can't see it for looking?

Mark

Like 0      
27 Mar 2009 8:50 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hmm, we've done something wrong if you can't find the main search facility!

It's in the orange section just under the main menu above.

I think we'll need to take a look at this....

Justin

Like 0      
27 Mar 2009 9:18 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I've never noticed that one before , i've always used the big search forum button so didn't realise that existed. Handy to have found now though, i'll try some of my other searches now .

Mark

Like 0      
21 Apr 2009 2:35 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

PLEASE can SOMEONE sort SEARCH out !

It's terrible. It's worse than it was before the site changed, which says something.

1) We STILL can only search the poster's last TWENTY posts, rather futile when some post avidly. Previous to this new style forum we could view ALL posts by each member. The members are missing out on locating thousands of posts (which certainly took me, amongst others, months to write. ) It doesn't give us the inclination to contribute large informative posts if in a couple of weeks, depending how fast one clocks up 20 posts, we can't find the posts more easily than this.

2) If we search for a certain word that we know should get us huge amounts of posts ( like 'tax'  ) we get 5 threads first with certain threads detailed underneath these. Certainly nothing like the amount I know has been posted.

Who trawls through every board looking at every thread ? Apart from that if I was someone looking for posts to do with say 'car hire' I would look in the Driving in Spain board, not in General Chat where many are so that's not going to get us to certain posts.

Justin said in this thread on 25th March that he was doing changes. If he has then it's not good enough, sorry.

In Can we have a 'quote' feature please on EOS ? Techno said on 4th April 'Costas is working on it this week'.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2009 3:21 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hi More and everyone,

What you have to take into account is that the entire site is being re-written from the ground up, and it has taken an awful lot of time and effort to get where we are today.

This is being done to make the site run smoother and faster than it ever has, in addition add in all those extra features that forum users have been asking for, and some extra features that we ourselves have come up with, such as the 'ticker' tool.

So we beg your indulgence and support as we work tirelessly towards achieving all this and more, whilst at the same time conducting all the user support that we do on a daily basis, and try and help out around the forums with our own insights, knowledge and experiences.

It’s all very time consuming and will take a little more time than we all would like, but it will be well worth the wait.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
21 Apr 2009 3:46 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Beg all you like, Techno.  (I do so love a man that begs !!)

I'm sure the site will be better in the long run, I just feel the search is extra important to achieve our united goal. Other things IMHO are worth postponing for now.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2009 11:28 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Now, now More - you KNOW the boys cant multi task, even technical blokes. They will get it done, in time!!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Earth Hour Saturday 28th March 2009 - 8 posts
La Renta tax form 210 - How to complete - 2 posts
Free Market Electricity - 0 posts
IS THE BOTTOM IN SIGHT FOR SPAIN'S PROPERTY MARKET? - 39 posts
Petition to the Governor of the Bank of Spain - 2 posts
CAM bank calculation of Mortgage rate are the incorrect? - 4 posts
Peugeot 206 diesel for sale Spanish registered LHD - 3 posts
Costa advice bureau - 1 posts
Solar powered hot water - 4 posts
Introduction - 0 posts
self employed income tax payments - 2 posts
Community Fees in Lanzarote - 0 posts
PHONING ON SKYPE - 3 posts
ryanair charges - 11 posts
21 inch tv - 0 posts
Are there ANY interest only mortgages available now? - 3 posts
Motels near Santander - 4 posts
Pleasantly suprised - 13 posts
Furniture Packs - 4 posts
Spam phone calls again - 0 posts
recording free sat - 5 posts
Van hire/loan - 0 posts
Car hire insurance top up. - 1 posts
Electrical Goods From GIB - 11 posts
Are there ANY interest only mortgages available now? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x