Spam phone calls again

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by jane b Star rating in Bedar, Almeria. 222 posts Send private message

jane b´s avatar

Not sure if this is what it seemed but thought I should post just in case - forewarned is forearmed! Very Happy   We had something similar a couple of years ago and I may have posted on it then.

While I was out this morning OH received a phone call from someone who purported not to speak any English, talking about a 'paquete' and (OH thought) something about the Cruz Roja. His first interpretation was that it might have been someone from our local medical centre called Paquita but on reflection the receptionists there both speak some English and in any event would have said they would call back later when I was at home if they weren't making any headway, and would not have referred to themselves as the Red Cross.

Then we remembered that a few years ago we and many others were victims of a scam whereby we were phoned by someone telling us that they there was a parcel waiting for us and we had to ring another number to arrange for delivery. This number was of course a premium number and they messed us about for 20 minutes before the penny dropped. Embarassed

I am pretty sure that this is the same sort of deal as I tried to call back on the number they had called from and it just went straight through to muzak. This appeared to be a genuine number (987844500) but it clearly is not in use for incoming calls and certainly has nothing to do with our local medical centre

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!

www.fincalaserenidad.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

recording free sat - 5 posts
Van hire/loan - 0 posts
Car hire insurance top up. - 1 posts
Electrical Goods From GIB - 11 posts
Are there ANY interest only mortgages available now? - 2 posts
Help - 0 posts
Community Statutes & Management Contract - 5 posts
Snagging !!! - 8 posts
INTERNET WITHOUT THE NEED FOR TELEFONICA - 1 posts
Can you ditich your Landline? - 5 posts
How to register with a dotor. - 5 posts
Can anyone recomment a good reliable plumber - 4 posts
BG and The Lawyers Responsibility - 72 posts
King size mattress For Sale - 0 posts
anyone got money back from mirador or palmera yet - 12 posts
Community Statutes & Management Contract - 2 posts
“Obra Nueva” (End of Building work document) - 3 posts
learning Spanish - 1 posts
empadron in Coin - 0 posts
Coin Foreigners Department - 0 posts
Blues in Spain - 4 posts
We're going to be LIVE from Calahonda tomorrow - 9 posts
IMM2001 ( International Marketing Management 2001 ) - 0 posts
30' Motor Cruiser with Mooring - 0 posts
AVG ANTI VIRUS PROTECTION - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x