Car hire insurance top up.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by Grover Star rating. 37 posts Send private message

I notice that Carjet are now offering a Top Up insurance cover at £1.45 per day on the rentals they organise. This has to be organised and paid for in the UK in advance. I am not sure whether this is good value or not. They have something on their website to try and frighten you by saying that it can cost up to £4 per day if you take out the extra insurance with the rental company when you arrive at the airport. I normally get the extra insurance at the reservation desk when picking up the car and this is generally a set amount such as 19 euros.

Someone else writing on this forum said that Goldcar are now offering two levels of excess insurance and this cost them over 40 euros. Has anyone else got any relevant information on this?

The disadvantage of the Carjet excess insurance is that you have to pay the bill for any damage and claim it back later in the UK. I can see this being a hassle. I prefer the car rental company insurance as it normally means you are covered for everything and there are no unexpected surprises. Generally they don't look too closely at returned cars as they say you are covered for everything. I had a blowout a few years ago and bought a new tyre etc. When I handed the car in I was given the money there and then.

Does anyone have any recent information on the Goldcar approach and whether the other companies are also doing this?

PaddyW

Like 0      
23 Mar 2009 9:12 AM by carsafe Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

I presume that you didnt notice my previous postng;if you hire regularly,the best deal is £45pa from Insurance4carhire.

Been going years and they pay up;it basically covers your excess anywhere in Europe

I used to run a 'rent a chauffeur'agency and did research into this before taking up the cover

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Electrical Goods From GIB - 11 posts
Are there ANY interest only mortgages available now? - 2 posts
Help - 0 posts
Community Statutes & Management Contract - 5 posts
Snagging !!! - 8 posts
INTERNET WITHOUT THE NEED FOR TELEFONICA - 1 posts
Can you ditich your Landline? - 5 posts
How to register with a dotor. - 5 posts
Can anyone recomment a good reliable plumber - 4 posts
BG and The Lawyers Responsibility - 72 posts
King size mattress For Sale - 0 posts
anyone got money back from mirador or palmera yet - 12 posts
Community Statutes & Management Contract - 2 posts
“Obra Nueva” (End of Building work document) - 3 posts
learning Spanish - 1 posts
empadron in Coin - 0 posts
Coin Foreigners Department - 0 posts
Blues in Spain - 4 posts
We're going to be LIVE from Calahonda tomorrow - 9 posts
IMM2001 ( International Marketing Management 2001 ) - 0 posts
30' Motor Cruiser with Mooring - 0 posts
AVG ANTI VIRUS PROTECTION - 12 posts
Samsung F480 TOCCO Mobile Phone - Brand New - 0 posts
Year 2000 Hyundai Car 995€ or Swap Large Van - 0 posts
Would anyone be interested....? - 22 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x