Earth Hour Saturday 28th March 2009

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

8.30PM Local Time, wherever you live, I hope you are going to support this Global Movement against Global Warming by switching off your lights!

It's not much to ask, just for an hour... one hour to vote for humanities future... one hour!

The official websites can be found here: www.earthhour.org/home/

or:

here: earthhour.wwf.org.uk/

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
26 Mar 2009 12:01 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

Regards

John

Like 0      
26 Mar 2009 11:04 PM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar

My sentiments also, good to have balance,

There is plenty of historical and scientific data which contradicts what we are being led to believe.

The powers that be, seem to have diffculty in accepting this.

One day the truth will prevail.

In the meantime what a good con which is costing us all.

Bob

Like 0      
26 Mar 2009 11:33 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

its a con to be sure Bob. If we stopped cutting down the rain forests then it could take up the increase CO2...but no that too simple. What gets me is these so called celebs like Bono flying all over the world to tell us to stop flying all over the world. Its all our fault that but surely if its warmer , we use less fossil fuels so isn't that a good thing. I seem to remember that the Romans grew vines as far north as the midlands when they were here!!  so perhaps we are returning to norm after a cold spell.

Regards

John

Like 0      
27 Mar 2009 12:06 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Oh goody…a new topic for discussion…heres my two penn’orth…

Of the two opposing arguments, I'm far more likely to go along with the latter from JC1.

I’m not a greenie; far from it, I smoke, I drive a diesel car, I use a wood burning stove, and like the cows I have been known to fart occasionally…what’s done is done, but I am firmly convinced that the primary cause of the climate change has absolutely nothing to do with increasing levels of  CO2. It’s a cyclical thing that’s been going on since the Earth evolved.

If anything from human activity is exacerbating the situation, its far more likely to be caused by the millions of tons of radioactive filth that were thrown up into the atmosphere during fifty years of nuclear testing, to be held in perpetual suspension.

We were all warned about the so-called Nuclear Winter that was expected to be a result of any Nuclear War; what we have instead is a situation where this filth is held in place in perpetuity and being added to daily by volcanic eruptions like that of Mt. St. Helens or Mount Pinatubo in the Phillipines, thus leading to the accelerated production of the Greenhouse Effect. Add to this the deforestation of the Amazonian Rain Forest and other rain forests worldwide and the subsequent burning as part of the clearance.

The Gore-ites would have us believe that burning fossil fuels in the form of petroleum products is a root cause of the problem, but its miniscule when compared with the ash, crap and particulates being sent up aloft by deforestation process alone.

If CO2 levels are rising (and the same manipulated stats that say it is, can be manipulated to show that it isn’t), its more to do with the deforestation process worldwide and the burning off of waste products in the oil and gas fields than motor vehicles and aviation…This allows more dramatic climatic changes to occur that further encourage more volcanic action.

Of course it won’t stop…there is far too much money being made both directly and indirectly now by means of these newly imposed worldwide ‘carbon taxes.’ It’s all a part of the PNAC (google it…) Masterplan whose original signatories include Rumsfeld and Cheney. If you think its going to change under Obama think again…Democrat or Republican…it makes no difference; meet the new boss, same as the old boss… check out the credentials of his front line…It’s all Wall Street…

So sorry Techno- on Earth Hour Day, I’ll be lighting a fire, running the car, smoking and farting just as much as normal…

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
27 Mar 2009 12:12 PM by Hammersfan Star rating in Body in Essex, Heart.... 160 posts Send private message

Such Herecy against what is surely the new religion

but at least they won't burn us heretics at the stake as that would create a carbon footprint :-)

Like 0      
28 Mar 2009 11:32 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

To be honest with you all, I just thought I'd mention it and see what sort of reaction I'd get, as I personally think it is way to little, way, way too late! We are talking about closing the barn door when the horse has bolted out, gone over the mountain and is living the high life in Vegas!

Those that know my sense of humour will also 'see' what I've written is a little bit cynical of this new 'religion' about being green, as all that know me also know that I drive a V6 2.5L gas guzzling monster, you know what I mean 'arry.

So I just wanted to open up another 'hot topic' for discussion purposes!

And I'm with FB, quote:

If anything from human activity is exacerbating the situation, its far more likely to be caused by the millions of tons of radioactive filth that were thrown up into the atmosphere during fifty years of nuclear testing, to be held in perpetual suspension.

That's exactly what I've been thinking is probably the major cause, including possibly damaging the o-zone layer!

OOPS! There I go again, another conspiracy theory is right around the corner, which will undoubtedly show that the 'illuminati' are deliberately causing all this so the Aliens that they have been friends with over the years can come and colonise the planet, enslaving the population of earth, whilst allowing all those that helped to help rule the world (maniacal laughter).

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 3/28/2009.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
28 Mar 2009 7:49 PM by coolrunner Star rating in la marina. 91 posts Send private message

coolrunner´s avatar

the planet has its own seasons,ironage,iceage,stoneage as examples,all these governments are doing is looking for different ways to charge new taxes ,but i have turned my light off for an hour ,as many have be interedting to see what sort of power surges will happen when all the lights go back on

Like 0      
30 Mar 2009 8:48 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

The Circus Comes to Town...

G20 Summit London

Obama's Trip to London...

What a b****y farce...

1x B747 + 1 on Stand-by
2x C-17's (at least)
1 or 2 VH-3D helicopters, not to mention the extra aircraft for the armoured cars and expected 500+ support staff...

All this just 48hrs after Earth Day when were supposedly contributing to the effort to reduce the carbon footprint we are leaving on the Earth...

Just how much is this jolly costing the American taxpayer and the British taxpayer?

All to attend a meeting whose outcome is already decided and whose decisions will be quickly set in motion and then just as quickly reversed.

From the Telegraph 30th March...

The preparation for the trip has been meticulous with more than six weeks of planning. White House officials visited Europe on least three occasions in the run up to the G20 summit to make sure everything runs like clockwork.

An estimated 500 people will make up Mr Obama's entourage, including 200 secret service agents, as well as policy makers and support staff.

He will fly to Britain tomorrow on Air Force One, flanked by cargo planes which will hold all the transportation he needs while in Europe.
An estimated 35 vehicles will be brought to the UK for the presidential visit.

A US Air Force C-17 transporter will bring Mr Obama's armour-plated limousine, nick-named The Beast, which is strong enough to withstand a chemical attack.

It will also carry Marine One, the VH-3D helicopter which will transfer Mr Obama from Stansted airport to the centre of London, to the US Ambassador's residence near Regent's Park.

Marine One never flies alone for security reasons and is just one among a number of decoy helicopters, designed to confuse potential terrorists.

During his visit, Mr Obama will be protected by his round-the-clock secret service team, who ensure that the area around the President is "sterile" with only those approved in advance allowed to approach. Permanently by his side will be Reggie Love, his personal aide, who exercises with the president and keeps a permanent supply of his favourite food and drinks to hand.

Mr Obama's wife Michelle will have her own bodyguards, who will form part of her eight-strong support team, which includes a secretary and press officer. While on his five day trip, Mr Obama will have a team of chefs on hand to cook anything he desires, at any time. If he falls ill, or is subject to any form of injury, he will be able to call on his medical team of six who are permanently on call to deal with any scenario.

For their inaugural trip, Mr and Mrs Obama have been granted a half hour private audience with the Queen at Buckingham Palace on Wednesday.

They will then go on to a reception for all the G20 leaders, which will also be attended by the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall.

What a b****y farce...what a b****y waste of money...what a b****y waste of time...

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

La Renta tax form 210 - How to complete - 2 posts
Free Market Electricity - 0 posts
IS THE BOTTOM IN SIGHT FOR SPAIN'S PROPERTY MARKET? - 39 posts
Petition to the Governor of the Bank of Spain - 2 posts
CAM bank calculation of Mortgage rate are the incorrect? - 4 posts
Peugeot 206 diesel for sale Spanish registered LHD - 3 posts
Costa advice bureau - 1 posts
Solar powered hot water - 4 posts
Introduction - 0 posts
self employed income tax payments - 2 posts
Community Fees in Lanzarote - 0 posts
PHONING ON SKYPE - 3 posts
ryanair charges - 11 posts
21 inch tv - 0 posts
Are there ANY interest only mortgages available now? - 3 posts
Motels near Santander - 4 posts
Pleasantly suprised - 13 posts
Furniture Packs - 4 posts
Spam phone calls again - 0 posts
recording free sat - 5 posts
Van hire/loan - 0 posts
Car hire insurance top up. - 1 posts
Electrical Goods From GIB - 11 posts
Are there ANY interest only mortgages available now? - 2 posts
Help - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x