Solar powered hot water

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by hiemmerson Star rating in Near Valle del Sol .... 18 posts Send private message

We are thinking of having a solar powered hot water system installed.

We have had a few quotes to date but they each seem to contradict each other in what they say is the best system to use.

Also a bit concerned that none of the companies seem to have been trading for any length of time so worried that the after care may be of the 'not worth the paper its written on' type - yes we have all had one or two of them before !!

As it is quite a significant outlay I wondered if any EOS users could recommend a comany or let me know of any good/bad experiences they have had with solar hot water systems.

Many Thanks

Like 0      
24 Mar 2009 8:24 PM by dominick Star rating. 35 posts Send private message

hi

we have solar water heating at sierra golf which i think is close to you,not sure of manufacturer as it was installed by the builder as part of contract.have to say i am impressed,not pretty but highly effective

regards dominick

Like 0      
29 Mar 2009 10:03 PM by jencoo Star rating in east Yorkshire/ Daya.... 131 posts Send private message

I decided to install solar water heating and looked in to the various options. I had a number of people around to quote for me, and they only confused me with the system that they installed was the best etc. I did some research on the web and decided which type of system was right for me. I decided to buy the kit as parts and install myself as I am competent in plumbing, and the installation costs seemed so high. I bought the kit installed it to my satisfaction and now its working great. The kit is guaranteed for what its worth, and of course I have got a first class installation. You could always install yourself or get a local plumber to do it for you.If you want any further info please feel free to pm me.

Like 0      
02 Apr 2009 2:35 PM by hiemmerson Star rating in Near Valle del Sol .... 18 posts Send private message

Many thanks for these very prompt replies

As neither of us are anywhere near competent at DIY !! I think we will just have to plump for one of the quotes we have been given to date. As yet we have not had to use a local plumber and having asked around are unable to get a recommendation. Will let you know how we get on !!

Like 0      
02 Apr 2009 11:35 PM by Glen0903 Star rating in Murcia, Spain. 10 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Advertising **

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Introduction - 0 posts
self employed income tax payments - 2 posts
Community Fees in Lanzarote - 0 posts
PHONING ON SKYPE - 3 posts
ryanair charges - 11 posts
21 inch tv - 0 posts
Are there ANY interest only mortgages available now? - 3 posts
Motels near Santander - 4 posts
Pleasantly suprised - 13 posts
Furniture Packs - 4 posts
Spam phone calls again - 0 posts
recording free sat - 5 posts
Van hire/loan - 0 posts
Car hire insurance top up. - 1 posts
Electrical Goods From GIB - 11 posts
Are there ANY interest only mortgages available now? - 2 posts
Help - 0 posts
Community Statutes & Management Contract - 5 posts
Snagging !!! - 8 posts
INTERNET WITHOUT THE NEED FOR TELEFONICA - 1 posts
Can you ditich your Landline? - 5 posts
How to register with a dotor. - 5 posts
Can anyone recomment a good reliable plumber - 4 posts
BG and The Lawyers Responsibility - 72 posts
King size mattress For Sale - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x