Snagging !!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

This was posted on our forum by a member looking for advice - Maria, I hope you are out there!  Personally, it seems a little strange in this financial climate that a property has been deemed to be worth more than the value indicated on the title deeds (unless you had  yourself an extraordinary deal, Peter!!).  Maybe you can help, Maria?  Many thanks!

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Peter Gregory
Star rating
Parcela

I've made 6 posts

Send private message to Peter Gregory

We completed the purchase of our apartment in Duquesa Village last October and in February this year received a notice from our Spanish lawyers informing us that, according to the Junta de Andalucia,  we are due to pay a “complementaria” tax. Apparently this tax is issued because ‘the competent authority considers that the property has a higher value than that indicated in the Title Deeds when we completed the purhcase of the apartment’. The tax demand is over 5000 Euros and we were not told by our lawyers during the purchase process that this was a possibility. Apparently the authorities are looking for ways to raise additional revenue.

It seems to us to be a retrospective tax and we are planning to appeal. We are interested to know if anyone else experienced this when purchasing a property?

Like 0      
21 Mar 2009 8:13 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Sounds like another way of "oiking" more money out of those people that are honest and paying their dues, as opposed to those that scarper owing. I have read on other forums about the problem of capital gains where the selling price is below that registered. The Spanish tax authorities still think eveyone is on the fiddle and will try to grab back where they can. Personally, I think the solicitor should have told them about this charge, but everything in Spain related to property purchase seems to be at best a "guestimate".

Mark

Like 0      
22 Mar 2009 11:06 AM by A. Flores Star rating in Marbella. 54 posts Send private message

I wrote something along these lines some time ago and in this instance it has happened to our client, which we are now in the process of appeal. The real problem with these ridiculous valuations is that in some instances they are way over the market price and the Andalusian Government is not bringing them down even in spite of the current climate.

This post was written last November, warning it could happen.

http://belegal.com/blog-by-antonio-flores/careful-with-the-tax-office-when-selling-or-buying-at-a-discounted-price/

Like 0      
22 Mar 2009 11:14 AM by A. Flores Star rating in Marbella. 54 posts Send private message

double post

This message was last edited by A. Flores on 3/22/2009.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2009 9:09 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi after reading this blog

http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/boughtinthelasttwoyears/1442/valor-catastral---not-just-about-the-ibi-if-you-have-bought-in-the-last-2-yearsplease-read.aspx

The wife and I are now worried stif that after completing on the house in Feb we are going to get a nasty surprise.

I was aware of this happening before we completed(thanks to reasearch on sites like this) and it was on my list of questions for our lawyer. Apparently you can mitigate against this if you tell the hacienda about it before you complete.

My lawyer said we have no problems, hope not famous last words. I dont know our catastral value yet, we don't have a IBA bill yet,

can I get this from anywhere else, so I can use Sr Flores calculator

Steve

Like 0      
27 Apr 2009 3:52 PM by A. Flores Star rating in Marbella. 54 posts Send private message

Dear Team GB,

I have not been able to reply earlier, sorry for that.

You can find out the value of your property by going to the following:

http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/economiayhacienda/apl/surweb/consultas/bienesUrbanos/valUrbana.jsp

Kind regards

Antonio

Like 0      
27 Apr 2009 4:08 PM by alamred Star rating. 242 posts Send private message

is there a similar web for castilla la mancha

Like 0      
27 Apr 2009 4:35 PM by A. Flores Star rating in Marbella. 54 posts Send private message

I am unsure as to this but will try to find out.

Like 0      
27 Apr 2009 8:21 PM by stevev6 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

This message was last edited by stevev6 on 4/27/2009.

This message was last edited by stevev6 on 4/27/2009.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

INTERNET WITHOUT THE NEED FOR TELEFONICA - 1 posts
Can you ditich your Landline? - 5 posts
How to register with a dotor. - 5 posts
Can anyone recomment a good reliable plumber - 4 posts
BG and The Lawyers Responsibility - 72 posts
King size mattress For Sale - 0 posts
anyone got money back from mirador or palmera yet - 12 posts
Community Statutes & Management Contract - 2 posts
“Obra Nueva” (End of Building work document) - 3 posts
learning Spanish - 1 posts
empadron in Coin - 0 posts
Coin Foreigners Department - 0 posts
Blues in Spain - 4 posts
We're going to be LIVE from Calahonda tomorrow - 9 posts
IMM2001 ( International Marketing Management 2001 ) - 0 posts
30' Motor Cruiser with Mooring - 0 posts
AVG ANTI VIRUS PROTECTION - 12 posts
Samsung F480 TOCCO Mobile Phone - Brand New - 0 posts
Year 2000 Hyundai Car 995€ or Swap Large Van - 0 posts
Would anyone be interested....? - 22 posts
"Living next door to Alice" - 1 posts
Lots of questions about electricity connection/contracts/meters etc !! - 2 posts
Will Atlético move to Estadio La Peineta? - 1 posts
Newbie - 2 posts
what is the difference between potentially and realistically - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x