SAT TV

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by Jays2903 Star rating in Rayleigh Essex, UK. 1 posts Send private message

Have a place in playa flamenca and looking to view british TV, what are our options?

Can i use a freeview box type? with no subscription charges etc?

Regards

Like 0      
28 Feb 2009 2:27 PM by coolashade Star rating in Calpe. 43 posts Send private message

coolashade´s avatar

Hi Jays 2903

i have a 1.9 dish, box, card and all the bits for sale, look at the classified section if you are interested.

cheers

Roberto

Like 0      
28 Feb 2009 2:38 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

you cannot get UK TV in spain on a freeview box, as freeview is not broadcast in spain. you can get the spanish equivient of freeview called tdt...30ish spanish digital tv channels - no uk channels - but in some cases you can change the languages from spanish into english.

for uk tv channels you will either need a satellite dish (for bbcs and itv a biggie like 1.8, for nonbbcs and itvs a 80cm to 1m dish should do) and a satellite receiver, and, if you want to, a sky subscription for the pay tv channels.

you can also go for one of the rebroadcasters - who reboradcast channels for amonthly payment using a little mesh aerial on your roof - many of the channels are available for free on other platforms like satellite and TDT!

you can also go for the spansi Digital+ service - its the spanish version of Sky. mny channels on sky are on D+, like discovery and movie channels, but there areno main UK TV channels.

for more info on UK TV in spain have a look here

http://www.satandpcguy.com/forum/sticky-freeview-freesat-tv-freesatfromsky-sky-tv-uktv-240109-t63.html

or look at the many other threads in this forum...

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
28 Feb 2009 2:55 PM by coolashade Star rating in Calpe. 43 posts Send private message

coolashade´s avatar

Hi Sat and PC guy

i live on a small community in Calpe and now have a large community dish that i use for UK TV(hence my dish is for sale), however there is also a digital tv connection in my property and if i plug it directly into my (old) TV i get some pictures but not many and no sound.

Which receiving box would you recomend i use to get the spanish digital channels?

Cheers

Roberto

Like 0      
28 Feb 2009 3:12 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

How "old" is your old TV? It isn't so long ago that sound and vision were broadcast on different frequencies abroad. I remember being in Germany with a TV that could receive pictures but no sound. A quick trip to the TV shop for a cheap adjustment make it work properly. Getting a digibox without the adjustment may mean the sound stil doesn't work, but a scart connection may be able to make a difference.

Mark

Like 0      
28 Feb 2009 3:18 PM by coolashade Star rating in Calpe. 43 posts Send private message

coolashade´s avatar

Hi Mark

The TV is 10 years old, it would be a shame to get rid of it as it is still perfectly ok.

I will probably try the digibox first and then get it 're-tuned' if nessasary, what sort of digibox do you think i should get?

There seems to be loads on the market.

Slightly off the subject........do you have contacts here in Spain for marine fish and Living rock?

Cheers

Roberto

Like 0      
28 Feb 2009 3:19 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

you can get your english tv "adapted" for spanish (and other european) analogue tv by either doing as mark suggests or get a UK VCR and connect the VCR to the TV via scart...and use the VCR as your spanish TV tuner...

you will only need to do the above if you want to watch spanish ANALOGUE TV on your UK TV. TDT (digital) does not have the same issues and you do not have to getyour TV converted to use digital as the digital receivers do the work (a bit like using the VCR trick above!)

but you will need to have a digital TDT receiver in the next year or so as the analogue start to get switched off...

i prefer the illusion or boshman boxes - avoid seimens - i have found they work very well for communtiy systems where the signal strengths can vary considerable ampounts.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
28 Feb 2009 3:33 PM by coolashade Star rating in Calpe. 43 posts Send private message

coolashade´s avatar

Thanks for that advise i want to go down the digital route so will get a box you suggest.

And sorry to Jays i seem to have taken over your thread.

oops

Roberto

Like 0      
03 Mar 2009 7:34 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

"you can get your english tv "adapted" for spanish (and other european) analogue tv by either doing as mark suggests or get a UK VCR and connect the VCR to the TV via scart...and use the VCR as your spanish TV tuner..."

apologies..this should read

you can get your english tv "adapted" for spanish (and other european) analogue tv by either doing as mark suggests or get a SPANISH VCR and connect the VCR to the TV via scart...and use the VCR as your spanish TV tuner...

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spam in Private Messages - 22 posts
Hurrah! Pepi´s Refuge has homed 5 dogs this week !! - 3 posts
WATCHING JUSTINS SIESTA SHOWS - 6 posts
Uk Shopping in Spain ..... - 8 posts
Car repossesion in spain. legalities ? - 7 posts
Developer Changes to our Apartment - 6 posts
Horse riding - 2 posts
telitec internet - 0 posts
Something to keep in mind.... - 3 posts
Finally sorted!! 7500kg truck leaving UK March 15th. - 0 posts
Ryanair set to charge £1 to use the toilet! - 39 posts
Auriga Crown at Murcia airport - 8 posts
Please speak English!! - 19 posts
A totally free and unique property website - 0 posts
RECIEVING LOTS OF EXTRA SKY CHANNELS - 2 posts
Can you pick up English channels without a dish - 5 posts
Got some learning Spanish ideas for you all! - 2 posts
Developer Mortgage Question? - 12 posts
Linea Directa - liberty seguros - Mapfre ? - 5 posts
Weather forecast - who do you trust? - 3 posts
john colling - 0 posts
New Site Live!!! - 139 posts
Income Tax & Social Security - 7 posts
Transfering Regular Money to Spain - 4 posts
Spain: Who Is Responsible For The Property Bubble? - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x