Rattan furniture

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by alysonwenham Star rating in blackpool, england. 83 posts Send private message

First of all abig thank you to everyone for your help with the mortgage and bank questions that I had, hopefully all is now sorted and we should complete on the 8th of April.  Now I have to move on to some furnishing questions.  Can anyone recommend somewhere I can buy rattan lounge furniture, conservatory type stuff.  We are in Hondon de las Frailes so our nearest town will be Elche, but we have a car and so can travel.

Thanks

Alyson

Like 0      
22 Feb 2009 9:08 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

Hope you are not planning to use it outside Alyson

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
22 Feb 2009 9:56 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Acapulco,

Why do you say that? We have some Rattan furniture which we leave on the terrace and it has been fine.

Pat

Like 0      
23 Feb 2009 1:33 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

I was told it would fade quickly and not last long in the heat.The guy who told me said his friends had tried it.Admittedly the only time it would see shade was when the sun was down but I suspect most Spanish homes are like that.

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
23 Feb 2009 4:17 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi,

Well mine seem to be fine in Spain.   I also have some Rattan chair's in the UK  they are left out in all weather's and they are seven year's old now, goodness how time fly's.

Pat

Like 0      
23 Feb 2009 7:09 PM by coolashade Star rating in Calpe. 43 posts Send private message

coolashade´s avatar

Hi Alyson

I recently bought an Arizona suite off a guy called pete, his web site is garden furniture spain (no spaces) with a com.

Their range is massive, and i was so inpressed with the set up i have now allowed him to sell my product (coolashade).

Be carefull what you buy as 'synthetic rattan' is the only weave guarenteed for outdoor use, and normal rattan will rot and fall apart after 1 season here, but pete has both including a range of water hyasinth weave that i will be buying when the spring comes for my naya.

hope this helps

Roberto

Like 0      
23 Feb 2009 8:58 PM by alysonwenham Star rating in blackpool, england. 83 posts Send private message

Hi Roberto,

I had looked at his web-site, the Arizona looks very nice - good choice.  I actually want it for inside to get a conservatory feel.  Is the guy that owns it Spanish, and a very cheeky question, is he open to offers for cash?

Thanks

Alyson

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Van collecting in Scotland 1st March. - 0 posts
Watch your credit card transactions abroad!! - 13 posts
swop bike for van - 0 posts
Transfer Mortgage - 2 posts
Swimming Pool - 8 posts
Sunset Golf La Resina Golf and Country Club near Estepona - Investment purchase - 2 posts
UK market - 4 posts
nottingham buyers? - 0 posts
Cajasur - definitely not a bank I would recommend, especially in Alora - can you help? - 3 posts
Disposing of a RHD van in Spain - is this possible? - 15 posts
Property Management - 1 posts
GEORGEKAY - 3 posts
Ready Rental Property - 15 posts
WANTED Wooden Childs Playpen - 0 posts
Problem with two properties in Spain - 2 posts
INFO ON GRANADA - HOTELS AND MUST SEE PLACES TO GO OR NOT TO GO - 6 posts
Shared agency for your data base - 0 posts
PALMERA PROPERTIES - 0 posts
Volunteers needed for children's charity in Malaga - 4 posts
Angel de Miraflores Mijas good or bad - 3 posts
unsatisfactory furniture what is procedure? Help please Maria - 1 posts
IF you booked car hire in Spain some months ago for the future CHECK LATEST PRICES - 26 posts
INTERNET EXPLORER PROBLEM - 7 posts
Aval and Express Evcitions - 12 posts
what to include in a vivendia contract - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x