IF you booked car hire in Spain some months ago for the future CHECK LATEST PRICES

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

If you booked car hire some time ago for the future check latest prices as I just have & was amazed to find they're a lot less. Rebook & save !

EG. We had quotes last August/September with both doyouspain & hirecarsinspain for March 1st - 25th

Group B in both cases. A Renault Clio 5 dr with a/c (or similar) with doyouspain, a Citreon C3 petrol 5 dr with a/c (or similar) with hirecarsinspain

Doyouspain had quoted 325.71€, hirecarsinspain 301.71€ so we booked with hirecarsinspain ( using Econorent  who we ideally wanted to use).

As someone had been saying check out http://www.travelsupermarket.com/c/cheap-car-hire/ we did & found cheaper deals which made me think & I went back to the other two for new quotes.

VERY INTERESTINGLY doyouspain are now 193.38€ (132.33€ less), hirecarsinspain are 243.43€ (58.28€ less)

Thought I'd just mention this. Perhaps members ought to check any you arranged some time ago if, like us, you book early.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2009 2:06 PM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar

More! One more post and you are at 6000!!!!!

What a price reduction for car hire. Worth shopping around. Thanks

Daveil

Like 0      
22 Feb 2009 10:52 AM by lomasgirl Star rating in I'm in Belgium and L.... 24 posts Send private message

More, thanks for the informacion.

I find a very good price at "Easycar", but I donn't know this firme.

Has someone already hired with this company?

Like 0      
24 Feb 2009 12:05 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Before we moved to Spain we always used Skycars and cannot fault their service.

Great prices too!

You can find them at www.skycars.com

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
02 Mar 2009 9:39 PM by Rob in Madrid Star rating in Madrid. 274 posts Send private message

Rob in Madrid´s avatar

another trick is the compare locations. We just booked a large van with Europcar and the price for one location was 500€ and the other location (20 mis away) 800€.

Decided after all I don't like Spanish TV, that is having compared both.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2009 3:02 PM by Ando Star rating in Wolverhampton/Balsic.... 37 posts Send private message

I have just done a price check with Carjet 11 days, economy car, in March £85-00.I booked the same car and period in May       £157-00, not a bad price hike

Like 0      
03 Mar 2009 7:49 PM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar

We got the same result with Carjet for hire in March and April almost double the price. As always it pays to shop around got the same vehicle from Doyou much cheaper.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2009 8:31 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Even Econorent, €135 for two weeks in February, has the same car for €224 at the end of April.  Think I'll wait until closer to the time and see what transpires. 

Like 0      
04 Mar 2009 8:08 AM by tricia52 Star rating in Dublin. 277 posts Send private message

It is always worth shopping around. We booked with DYS in Jan for 4th April for 10days at the time we were quoted 168euro after checking the site a number of times we then got the car for 111euro!!!!

We had also booked for 18th July for a month, and orginally quoted 430 and a few weeks ago I checked again and got the same car for 368euor, so a great saving for us.

It is easy to change your booking just a matter of emailing them through the site.

I love a bargain.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2009 8:43 PM by hyundi Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Just checked my next 5 trips and everyone is cheaper than if I booked them today so I am not complaing and that is with econorent

Like 0      
07 Mar 2009 12:22 PM by LesD Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Whichever other broker folks recommend, I always seem to find them more expensive than Argus.

Example of 7 days 22-29 April at Alicante (Clio/Fiesta 5dr):

Argus €97

Econorent €108

DYS €110

Carjet €114

Skycars €122

Can anyone beat €97?

Like 0      
07 Mar 2009 3:19 PM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar

This week I got through DoyouSpain, Malaga 30th March to 9th April 11 days  a Clio for all in euros 80.32

Also was quoted for 14 - 21 July 8 days Dys Malaga Ford fusion euros 134.00, However will recheck nearer to the date to see if this price can be beat. As it does happen.

Bob

Like 0      
07 Mar 2009 3:36 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi i have been looking at the car hire prices in Spain but the cheapest is not all the best deal as some charge more for the extra cover than the cheapest rentals deals Irene

Like 0      
07 Mar 2009 3:44 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

I must admit, being that I rent for six weeks or more, I used hirecarsinspain.com last year and they came up trumps.  Best deal overall.  Have booked them again this year and, having checked with numerous other sites, they still come up the best - especially in view of the fact they offer a free upgrade if you rent for 28 days or more.

So, if anyone is renting for more than 28 days, I'd be interested to know if you get a better deal than they offer!

This message was last edited by Pitby on 3/7/2009.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2009 5:35 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

We always get a quote from rentspain . com I have booked 12/03/09 to 22/03/09 a group CC car VW Polo 5 dr or similar for Euros 72.90. I booked this back in November. If you get a quote and don't make a booking they often ask why. If you tell them price they often come back with a better quote.

Last September they cut the prices the day before I flew out. I e mailed asking if they were going to reduce my quote. They did and upgraded me to a Seat Ibiza Diesel and charged me 95 Euros a week. However, I've been looking for prices later in the year and they don't seem so good for new quotes at the moment.

Like 0      
17 Mar 2009 5:20 PM by rapp Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

We booked in January with "doyouspain" a Ford fusion for 24 days june/july 2009 and the price was 288 Euros. Today the price is 381 euros. Its gone up by 93 euros. So we recommend booking early.

Like 0      
06 Apr 2009 11:38 AM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

Can anyone help?

we are about to book a car with doyouspain, we are flying into Gib however generally collect a car when booking with crown over in La Linea, La Linea was not given as an option on the dys website-so are we picking our car up from La Linea (underground car park) or Gib?

tia

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      
06 Apr 2009 12:00 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

Like 0      
06 Apr 2009 12:07 PM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

have done...still await!

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      
06 Apr 2009 12:54 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Waiting is quite a virtue, advisor.

(Actually they are returning mails but are so slow-w-w-wwwwwwwwww, granted.)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

INTERNET EXPLORER PROBLEM - 7 posts
Aval and Express Evcitions - 12 posts
what to include in a vivendia contract - 1 posts
Audi 80 convertible for sale.. - 2 posts
any pet friendly accomodation out there? - 0 posts
helicopteros sanitarios - ending contract - 6 posts
Big reductions in asking prices - 17 posts
Distressed Sales- before repossession! - 1 posts
Paperwork regarding Spanish reg car in UK. - 3 posts
Altos De La Zubia - 1 posts
The evil of Cancer - 5 posts
Vias verdes in Spain - 2 posts
playa flamenca - 0 posts
URGENT sale of contract at Las Terrazas de la Torre very good discount - 0 posts
carol - 2 posts
What does PRI stand for? - 5 posts
Chris - 0 posts
Estepona Carnival 20th Feb - 1 posts
actual dates of fiestas in Costa Blanca - 0 posts
How to find out who owns a property - 9 posts
Buying furniture in the UK to ship to Spain - 10 posts
New rules imposed before first AGM - 8 posts
Renault Megane Grand Scenic 7 Seater 4 years old €10,250 (Murcia) - 0 posts
Billy - 1 posts
Door Grills - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x