Cheap furniture packages

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Feb 2007 12:00 AM by fredmorey Star rating in Dubai UAE. 36 posts Send private message

Anyone know of cheap furniture packs available in torrevieja area?

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 3:03 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Fredmorey,

I don't know what you would think is cheap?

Most furniture packs come in different levels. You can go for the basic, right up to Deluxe.

We bought from Arca, who have a showroom in Torreveija, you can pop in there and talk to a Salesperson, who will talk you thorugh the various packages and the options. You can upgrade on any item and see various products that come in the pack.

If it helps, we paid just over €5,000 in Nov 2003, we upgraded on the lounge suite, taking 2 double sofa beds instead and upgraded a few of the lighting products.

We went for the pnie pack, not the cheapest or dearest, just middle of the road.

Extremely good service from them, the only moan I would have would be that the beds are basic, if you have a back problem, consider upgrading on your own bed. Oh, yes, I was advised not to buy extra white goods from them i.e. dishwasher etc., as there are other electrical places to buy them cheaper. But the white goods that come in the pack are quite adequate.

Another thing to consider, if you are buying via an Agent (ours was Atlas), go with your agent to order your pack as they will get it free of IVA Tax, don't know how, we didn't ask questions, just accepted the discount!

If you go alone, you will not get this offer.

Hope all this helps,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
21 Feb 2007 3:21 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/17/2007.

Like 0      
22 Feb 2007 11:46 AM by fredmorey Star rating in Dubai UAE. 36 posts Send private message

Hi Janice thanks for the info.And your pm.I am really looking for a package that can be installed without my being there as i am based in Dubai and not so easy just to pop over to Spain.

Like 0      
22 Feb 2007 11:51 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Fredmorey,

Have you got a key holder in Spain?

If so, you can give their phone no. to say Arca, if you use them and they will arrange a date/time to deliver with the keyholder.

It will all be there installed when you next visit!

Lovely!

Rgds,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
22 Feb 2007 12:13 PM by fredmorey Star rating in Dubai UAE. 36 posts Send private message

Hi Fibbyuk,

Thanks for the info.Do you know if Arca have a website as i leave for Dubai today so dont have time to get into Torrevieja.

Regards Fred

Like 0      
22 Feb 2007 12:18 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
test

Like 0      
22 Feb 2007 1:16 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
22 Feb 2007 2:06 PM by fredmorey Star rating in Dubai UAE. 36 posts Send private message

Thanks very much

Like 0      
22 Feb 2007 2:42 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
22 Feb 2007 6:36 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

The good thing about Arca is that they turn up on time, they fit everything in quickly (including light fittings) and are very tidy.  We had a furniture pack which came with the house,  The beds are fine, we had to bin the sofa bed because it was sooooo uncomfortable to sit on, the wooden furniture is plywood covered with thin veneer but is perfectly serviceable for a holiday home.  We bought a cottage suite (3 seater and 2 seater sofas) from La Factoria for about £250.  The white goods from Arca are adequate.  The extra pack is excellent value consisting of oven with grill, kettle, toaster, KFS for six, bedding (sheets are fine for dishcloths but the coverlets and blankets are lovely), 6 different sets of glasses for six, thick curtains (hung properly by Arca), serving spoons etc, 5 saucepan set, mop and bucket .......you get the idea, everything you need for 450 euros including the oven fitted in (electric).  They even gave us a beach umbrella.  For permanent living, I would suggest negotiating a discount instead of taking the basic furniture pack.  Our new agents, Masa, have offered us 2,000 euros as a furniture voucher and 1,500 euros as a white goods voucher.  We have to purchase from a shop called Linea to take advantage of this.  As we are taking furniture with us to our new home (less 3 piece suite), we hope to get some quality stuff to finish it off.

Can highly recommend Arca service but pick and choose if you want quality and comfort.

Like 0      
22 Feb 2007 9:21 PM by MANSOURS Star rating in Milton Keynes / Los .... 46 posts Send private message

MANSOURS´s avatar
We are using a voucher from Masa as well, but we have  been told by them we need to go to Lloyds club in La Mata.  Do you know where the shop Linea is based? We would like to use a shop nearer Los Alcazares and if Linea is down our way that would be great!

Like 0      
22 Feb 2007 11:00 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
22 Feb 2007 11:06 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Linea is in Torrevieja.  Up Calle Ramon Galud towards the Friday market site on the corner of Mar Mediterraneo Calle.  Lloyds is the hotel Masa uses in La Mata so doubt its a furniture store. 

Like 0      
23 Feb 2007 10:05 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Not knocking Arca at all, as I have been singing their praise in this forum......................

But when we replaced our lights that were installed by them, with ceiling fans, the electrician we employed found that NONE of the lights had been earthed.

Worth checking this when Arca does any of the electrical installment in your property.

Rgds,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
23 Feb 2007 1:46 PM by jencoo Star rating in east Yorkshire/ Daya.... 131 posts Send private message

Did you know that most of the furniture suppliers will change items on the package to something more to your choice. THEY WILL CHARGE YOU for any difference in price, but at least it gives you some choice.

You are not obliged to accept all th items, upgrade to a better item and miss some of the others off, specially if you have seen something in another shop that you like.

It is best to spend the full allowance with the shop as a cash refund only relects a portion of the price, and you then lose out.

Personnally we found it quite exciting looking around for our furniture, and it helped us find our way around as well.

You are correct about the wiring up of fittings by the "installation team". They even cut off earth connections in our house which I have since found and rectified.

Like 0      
23 Feb 2007 4:16 PM by MANSOURS Star rating in Milton Keynes / Los .... 46 posts Send private message

MANSOURS´s avatar

Janice

Yes - we have eaten at the Masa Hotel in the lovely restuarant overlooking the sea with our agent, and the food was lovely. But the voucher we now have is a furniture voucher.  It by no means will buy all we need, but will buy some of the basics.

They have instructed us to meet them at Lloyds Club - a different place altogether, south of torrevieja in la mata. They have sent us a map now, so we will manage I'm sure. In the meantime apparantly they are trying to get a deal with another furniture supplier in Los Alcazares to accept their voucher and if this happens it will be good for us to use them.  My husband is a wheelchair user, so the fewer inaccessible places we visit the better!!!!!

Like 0      
04 Mar 2009 2:56 PM by mikey123 Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

We are selling our 2-bed 2-bathroom apartment on the Arenal Golf Development, Benalmadena, Costa Del Sol in June09. We would like to sell our furniture separately.

The apartment is beautifully furnished with all the furniture in great condition and all fully functional. It is also to a much better specification than the expensive furniture packs you can get and has many additional items, so that you will not have to buy anything else for your apartment.

Please look on our website to see photos; http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/homedisplay.asp?home_id=28599&force=true

We’re over 12th to 20th April, if anyone would like to view things.

All our furniture and accessories must go, it includes;

1x beautiful teak garden table

6x teak garden chairs

1x very large BBQ (and BBQ utensils)

1 x Malm Ikea king size bed with duvet, pillows and bedding

2 x Malm Ikea single beds with duvets, pillows and bedding

4 x Malm Ikea bed side tables

4x small Ikea Malm 2 drawer chest of drawers

2x Large Malm Ikea 3 drawer chest of drawers

2 x Medium Malm Ikea 3 drawer chest of drawers

2 x brown 3-seater leather sofa beds

2x oak Ikea Malm storage boxes

1x large dining room mirror (circa 2m x 1m)

2x stained glass mirrors (circa 1.5m x 1m)

1 x large glass Ikea coffee table

1 x Ikea glass fronted tv,dvd/video cabinet

1x oak cd / dvd rack

1x Goodmans t.v (inc dvd player and controllers)

3 sets of Ikea cream curtains and 3 x curtain poles (inc ends) 

Locally made lamps (about 2m tall)

3x bedside lamps

1 x Large Ikea Oak Dinning table (can seat upto 8)

6x wooden dining room chairs

Crockery, untensils, mats, pots and pans

Cups, bowls, cutlery, glasses and plates for 6 people (and spares)

Wooden salad bowls

White serving dishes

Leather place mats and coasters

1x kettle

1x toaster

1x coffee percolator

All white goods (washing machine, dishwasher, fridge / freezer)

1x steam iron and ironing board

brushes and mop / bucket

various framed pictures

2x silver toilet brushes

and a partridge in a pear tree!!!!!

Like 0      
04 Mar 2009 3:51 PM by nerwilly Star rating in Oxfordshire UK & Cos.... 8 posts Send private message

Hi there,

We used arca, also had a good service, we upgraded on the basic pack for a small fee!, aslo had the same problem with the lights!, It would suggest that the guys who install the furniture are not electricians!.

We also received a discount on some other items we purchased at a later date.!.

Tina.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2009 8:43 PM by juster Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi we are asking for any advice- we have bought in Polaris Murcia-Condado del Alhama- furniture packs vary greatly has anyone any good experiences..  has anyone used Viva - Murcia Website   San Cayetano Furniture Packages??

This message was last edited by juster on 3/4/2009.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

psi lawyers? - 21 posts
Apartment for rent - 1 posts
Lounge/Patio door curtains, free - Costa Blanca, 10 mins South of Torreveija - 9 posts
Where's Tinasolero ? - 3 posts
Shakira in concert in Torrevieja - 15 posts
Barclays Buying Property Abroad Guide - 1 posts
WHO'S UP FOR A MEET, POST HERE ! - 109 posts
Saladillo golf - 1 posts
The Best Place To Hide Money: Conversation With A Burglar - 0 posts
Help - scared and frustrated re mortgages - 6 posts
Scared and frustrated re mortgages - 13 posts
Osteopath in Torreveija or surrounding areas - Costa Blanca? - 0 posts
La Cala de Mijas Marina - 4 posts
letting agents for altea hills - 0 posts
Gina in here ................ (San Miguel, not 4 U ! ) - 0 posts
Mar Menor Area - 128 posts
New Ryanair routes - 0 posts
trains,trams and trenets,alicante to denia - 8 posts
looking for the low down on PEINSA please - 15 posts
is this possible - 2 posts
First Meeting. - 9 posts
I need new fingers! - 0 posts
Old cat to Spain ? - 4 posts
Free guides .. downloads - 2 posts
Members.. see SPI postings re Fibby (& JeansSis) here. - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 35

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x