Gas bottle wanted...

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi All,

I have just bought a calor cas heater from the local Ferreteria and i ddint realsie it would be so much hassle to get a bottle for it.

Does anyone know anywhere in the Algorfa/Torry area where i can get one on contract.

Please reply,it's a tad chilly now at night...

Like 0      
17 Nov 2008 1:11 PM by The Sheriff Star rating in Rojales, Quesada. 31 posts Send private message

Hi

I had alot of difficulty even a couple of years ago as they are really clamping down now and you have to register etc.  The garages will not give you one unless you fill in a lot of paperwork and then I think  you have to go and register at Repsol etc in Torre !!

Anyway I had to go to the Garden Centre in Villamartin to get my one as for some reason they did not ask any questions !!  It was about 30 euros and then is about 12 per refill thereafter.  I think it really depends on where you go - the dodgier the better !!  some ferreterias might do it as well.

Good Luck and hope you get warm soon.  I got Oil central heating put in year last year and have never looked back !

Like 0      
17 Nov 2008 2:40 PM by samson Star rating in Solihull/Benalmadena. 125 posts Send private message

What i had to do was buy a couple of second hand bottles from the local boot fair ( you can get them for between 10 to 12 euros) then you can take them anywhere they sell gas like the local petrol stations. I assume they think you have completed all the paperwork  as you have an empty bottle to exchange for a full one.

Like 0      
17 Nov 2008 4:41 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Thanks Guys,

I have been everywhere today and asked in all the right places but its like you are asking to buy semtex or something.....

My Spanish is reasonable but some of the answers i got were incomprehendible.

A lot of people said get one at the markets as its so much hassle otherwise,the main who drives around selling the refills will be coming past my house tommorow so he is gonna face a road block...

Thanks for the suggestions everyone,it's amazing, i can run a business in Spain but can't buy a gas bottle.....TIS!!..

Like 0      
17 Nov 2008 4:45 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Do you have gypsies in Spain? By gypsies, I mean the low life, rubbish strewing, parasitic caravan livers that ruin wherever they turn up (not the genuine romanys that leave as they find). Whenever they pass through locally, there is a pile of empty gas containers left behind.

Mark

Like 0      
17 Nov 2008 4:50 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

oh,you mean pikeys, Mark....

We do have them but i think the Guardia are allowed to shoot them so they are a bit rare around here....

Thankfully they are not allowed to camp anywhere like thay are in the UK.

Good idea ,could you sneak into the local camp and fed ex me a couple.....watch out for the Dags though...

Like 0      
17 Nov 2008 4:51 PM by shakespeare Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

we bought a gas barbie last year.  that was the easy bit.  to get the gas bottle we were sent from one place to the next.  eventually filled in paperwork and paid.  then had to pay 2 men to come out to fix a pipe on the barbie and got another certificate.  then had to wait in for a gas bottle to be delivered.  no sausages for several days.  later that week we saw loads of bottles for sale at a boot fair.  much easier to buy one of these and then take it to a petrol station to be swapped for a full one. you live and learn!!!!!

Like 0      
18 Nov 2008 8:12 AM by jencoo Star rating in east Yorkshire/ Daya.... 131 posts Send private message

Hi

I dont know what all the fuss is about. The supplying ferrateria should be able to supply you with the neccesary paperwork and the bottle. the registration is simply to keep a check on location of bottles. The cost is only fractionally more than an exchange and our ferreteria also threw in the pipe and regulator. The certificate however is a different story, but only applies to a fixed installation in the house, for a cooker or water heater etc. This has to be installed by a registered gas installer who the can issue you with the apprpriate certificate, cost is for the installation, and a little on top for the certificate.  If you have a problem from here pm me and I will give you details.

Steve

Like 0      
18 Nov 2008 9:41 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi JENCO,

The ferreteria didnt sell the bottles which would have been so much easier hence the search.....

Indiana Jones would have given up on this one days ago..!

Anyway,think i have finally solved the quest....Gas man is coming past tommorow.....gonna hire a couple of Somalian pirates to surround the veichle and then we should have heat at last....the days are lovely and warm here, but the nights...Brrrrrr......

Thanks for all the help everyone...

Like 0      
18 Nov 2008 12:18 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Georgia, I was just going to say that in Formentera the gas man with the bottles goes round every week, my neighbour grabbed him, signed for the contract and was sorted.   Hope this helps Pat  

Like 0      
18 Nov 2008 1:14 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi PAT AND ROY,

I am going to try that tommorow,i wasnt sure whether the gas man did new bottle contracts or just refills.....we will see.

Hope you are both well.....weather here is really warm today...

Take Care

Georgia

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Karrite Roof Box - 0 posts
Bijon Frise or X Pomeranian Puppy Desperately Wanted - 0 posts
Warning to landlords... - 5 posts
Fireworks, stars, pictures, explosions? - Rock on EOS!!!!! - 7 posts
Spanish grass - 10 posts
POLARIS WORLD NIGHTMARE CONDADO DE ALHAMA - 28 posts
CAR HIRE SEARCH.............. - 0 posts
Freshwater fishing equipment - 1 posts
Spanish Seasons - 6 posts
Good discount stores for TVs? - 4 posts
Christmas EOS dinner - 24 posts
Supermarket opening times - 7 posts
HELP..................lost in JUNK ? - 12 posts
Wood burning stoves - 26 posts
Booking flights and paying in Euros - 7 posts
The rain in Spain - 9 posts
The Compensation Letter - 2 posts
Riviera Del Sol - 2 posts
Skiing on the Sierra Nevada - 1 posts
just moved to Alcoy - 1 posts
Heating a house nr Los gallardos, almeria - 2 posts
el soto short course championships - 1 posts
golf tournament at el soto club de golf - 2 posts
Wood burning stoves - 2 posts
2 and half months for succesful execution of Bank Guarantee - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x