The Compensation Letter

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Just noticed something strange; I was still using Firefox 2 when the nice chappies at mozilla sent out their latest update.

Fine; it auto installed but stalled half way through...then restarted, but afterwards, although I could read the forum posts on EOS' i couldnt reply; the whole thing locked up as soon as I selected Reply on any thread. Tried it in IE no problem! My wife also reports minor problems with FF2  following the latest update so ther might just be a bug or two in there.

Since I hate having to use IE I eventually  decided to go the whole hog and go for FF3, something I had been unwilling to do since I had heard many reports about it not being particularly stable.

Anyway downloaded FF3 on top of FF2 and it all sorted itself out; no loss f bookmarks all passwords retrieved etc.

So if you are having any problems with FF2 following this latest update it migh tbe worth updating to FF3 which is I'm sure what mozilla wanted all the time...

Just as a matter of interest also I know many people out there fell into the AVG trap a little while ago when they announced that they would not update AVG7.5 beyond the end of June I think it was...well they are still doing the updates. ( Basically I think they are afraid to admit that AVG8 is so buggy it should never have been released) I think one of the updates to 7.5 may have included elements of AVG8 because the daily scan now takes up to 5 hours rather than the 45 minutes it used to take. Proof if ever it was needed of the old adage  'If it aint broke dont fix it...'

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
14 Nov 2008 10:03 PM by mark_thompson Star rating. 18 posts Send private message

I saw a report that the latest AVG update killed, dutch, german and portugese versions on Windows XP ...whoops

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 9:07 AM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar

Try Opera....its a good alternative

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Riviera Del Sol - 2 posts
Skiing on the Sierra Nevada - 1 posts
just moved to Alcoy - 1 posts
Heating a house nr Los gallardos, almeria - 2 posts
el soto short course championships - 1 posts
golf tournament at el soto club de golf - 2 posts
Wood burning stoves - 2 posts
2 and half months for succesful execution of Bank Guarantee - 10 posts
Antiques for Sale - 0 posts
Christmas Shopping - 0 posts
Moving out early - 0 posts
help - 9 posts
Long term Rental Required - 6 posts
I don't want to start ANOTHER war...............BUT................. - 2 posts
Long term let required within walking distance of Estepona port - 0 posts
Did you see ?? - 14 posts
Lease cars - 0 posts
Dog Friendly Hotels - 7 posts
Music Lessons: Possible skill exchange witth Spanish Language lessons? - 0 posts
Ryanair stopping some flights - 10 posts
Finca wanted in Mijas Costa - 1 posts
Help For Heroes - 1 posts
Question for Maria re siezing of assets - 5 posts
Miss 2 mortgage payments and you're out! (this is in the UK) - 0 posts
Buying - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x