The rain in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I have a little desktop gadget on my laptop that shows the temperature in Leeds and also in Almeria. I have used it several times over the year to wind up my Wife about how good it is over there compared to here. I have noticed that the temperatures have becoming closer together over the last week and last night.... Leeds apparently was 2 degrees C higher than Almeria!!!

I thought Feb/ March were the worst months in Spain, is this some sort of indication that I won't be able to have dinner on the terrace on the big day? Or will I have to stay inside and watch the Queen's speech on Sky .

Mark

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 9:04 AM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar

Nah...its going to be a hot sunny day in the Marina Alta today...expect 19-20 deg....but damn if it doesn't get very cold quickly at night...(well down to about 9 deg)

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 1:17 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

Hi

I also have a desktop icon to compare Sheffield where we used to live with Terreros. At the moment it says Sheffield is 11c and raining, which it may well be and it says Almeria is 15c and sunny - well it is certainl sunny but our thermometer reads 27c in the sun and we have just had lunch outside - certainly the evening temperatures are down to 9-10c but I think the temperatures on the desktop symbols are for in the shade and the sun is making a massive difference between the hours of 10- 4. So, if it shows Almeria as sunny - add 10c for daytime in the sun - night time is showing accurate.

Today is absolutely glorious.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 1:21 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Cool. I'm showing Leeds as 10 & Almeria as 18. I wish I could get a gadget that was a bit more specific to Vera. I found one for my webpage, but I don't go there very often .

Mark

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 1:45 PM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar

try....

http://www.myforecast.com/bin/expanded_forecast_15day.m?city=128944&metric=true 

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 4:26 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Last year, Christmas here in the campo outside Granada was around 15C daytime but fell to around -5c overnight.

At the moment we have sunshine and around 17C in the sun, 12c in the shade and nighttime temps around 0C.

On a slightly brighter note however in Mid January I was on the roof terrace on a sunbed and 24C...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 6:30 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

It's all Euro propoganda.

Notice that you have all easily got used to using celsius, despite the fact that you objected to weighing bananas in kilos. The next step, as the £ and the € gradually become indistinguishable, is to bring parity to actual temperatures. Soon, the weather throughout the EU will be standardized, and there will no longer be any benefit in moving to Spain at all.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 11:11 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

We are in London at the moment, and it feels as warm here as it was in Jumilla the day before we flew back to the UK.  When we were over here in October, for the first few days I felt really cold and was complaining about the weather. 

We usually check the local weather in La verdad, and we have been very smug when we have noticed London being at least 5 degrees colder.  Must get the desktop icon when we return to Spain!

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
16 Nov 2008 7:10 AM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar

Agreed on the EU standardisation...but at least now its OK to have funny shape veg back in the shops again....

Like 0      
16 Nov 2008 8:52 AM by AJB1 Star rating in Benahavis, Costa del.... 63 posts Send private message

Well yesterday morning I was sunbathing on the Costa del Sol and will be doing the same this morning.

However, last night I was wrapped in a scarf, quilted coat, thick tights and boots. (And took a hot water bottle to bed!)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

The Compensation Letter - 2 posts
Riviera Del Sol - 2 posts
Skiing on the Sierra Nevada - 1 posts
just moved to Alcoy - 1 posts
Heating a house nr Los gallardos, almeria - 2 posts
el soto short course championships - 1 posts
golf tournament at el soto club de golf - 2 posts
Wood burning stoves - 2 posts
2 and half months for succesful execution of Bank Guarantee - 10 posts
Antiques for Sale - 0 posts
Christmas Shopping - 0 posts
Moving out early - 0 posts
help - 9 posts
Long term Rental Required - 6 posts
I don't want to start ANOTHER war...............BUT................. - 2 posts
Long term let required within walking distance of Estepona port - 0 posts
Did you see ?? - 14 posts
Lease cars - 0 posts
Dog Friendly Hotels - 7 posts
Music Lessons: Possible skill exchange witth Spanish Language lessons? - 0 posts
Ryanair stopping some flights - 10 posts
Finca wanted in Mijas Costa - 1 posts
Help For Heroes - 1 posts
Question for Maria re siezing of assets - 5 posts
Miss 2 mortgage payments and you're out! (this is in the UK) - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x