HELP..................lost in JUNK ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

I put some messages in junk by mistake and immediately went into junk to retrieve them.....but they were GONE !

Does anyone know if I can get them back....and how?

Answers in simple terms please, I am woman and blonde ! 

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 12:12 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I don't know the answer Karen, but it would help if you tell us what email programme you are using, or are you using webmail?

Mark

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 12:53 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Mark....I use msn.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 12:57 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Oh crikey, double Dutch to me . Is that the online version or do you download the emails to your pc? Is there a setting that says to delete all mail in junk folder when exiting the programme? I know there is something similar in the two programmes I use (outlook Express and Incredimail).

Mark

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 1:03 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

I don't know Mark. When we bought the computer we had it set up for msn cos we had it on our previous lap top and found it good. I have no luck with outlook express and never use it.

I don't know where to look to see the things you asked, I've had a look at help but it doen't mention junk.

I think it must delete automatically when you move stuff from inbox to junk ( even accidently ! ) but I don't know where it goes !  

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 1:06 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Mark.......I've just looked and I am set up to delete junk mail 'later'..............so where did it go ?

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 1:13 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

15 Nov 2008 1:27 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Thanks Mark.....my computer is set to delete junk 'later' that is after 10 days, but when I transfered ( accidently ) from INBOX to JUNK, they disappeared................................and I don't know where they went !   

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 1:32 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Have they gone to junk or deleted?

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 1:47 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

they are NOT in deleted and they are NOT in junk.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 4:19 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Karen Hi.

Sorry to say this but Im afraid they are gone for good and irretrievable.

When using msn or hotmail accounts, incoming mail is scanned to see if it should be considered junk or non junk.

Stuff identified by msn as Non- junk goes straight to your Inbox.

Stuff identified by msn as junk goes to the Junk Folder for your further investigation and decision as to whether its junk or not.

Stuff in your Inbox, if identified by you as junk, is permanently and immediately deleted. It bypasses the Deleted box completely.

Sorry but thats the way it works...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 4:24 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Thanks foxbat.....that was what I was afraid off !

You would think they would have organised it better with the new msn layout.......the junk is right next to the delete !

Lets hope I don't upset too many people by not replying to thier e mails cos I've stuck them in junk...........accidently, of course !

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 4:27 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Easily done Im afraid...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wood burning stoves - 26 posts
Booking flights and paying in Euros - 7 posts
The rain in Spain - 9 posts
The Compensation Letter - 2 posts
Riviera Del Sol - 2 posts
Skiing on the Sierra Nevada - 1 posts
just moved to Alcoy - 1 posts
Heating a house nr Los gallardos, almeria - 2 posts
el soto short course championships - 1 posts
golf tournament at el soto club de golf - 2 posts
Wood burning stoves - 2 posts
2 and half months for succesful execution of Bank Guarantee - 10 posts
Antiques for Sale - 0 posts
Christmas Shopping - 0 posts
Moving out early - 0 posts
help - 9 posts
Long term Rental Required - 6 posts
I don't want to start ANOTHER war...............BUT................. - 2 posts
Long term let required within walking distance of Estepona port - 0 posts
Did you see ?? - 14 posts
Lease cars - 0 posts
Dog Friendly Hotels - 7 posts
Music Lessons: Possible skill exchange witth Spanish Language lessons? - 0 posts
Ryanair stopping some flights - 10 posts
Finca wanted in Mijas Costa - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x