Enguera

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by annedwithane Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

We've been looking at houses in the Xativa area and have found one that we like in Enguera.  It's a little further away than we originally wanted but looks like a nice place.  We're a bit concerned that it maybe gets much colder in winter there as we found some photos from a couple of years back showing snow in the town.  Does anyone know anything about it?

Like 0      
12 Apr 2009 2:04 PM by SheHen Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi - just joined the forum. We have a place in Enguera. Its a little gem of a town. Beautiful medieval town centre - with all the amenities you could possibly want; lots of little shops and bars; excellent supermarket (Consume) and every facility you would need. The people are extremely friendly. Not that many English from what we've detected. A real sense of community in the town. Lots of festivals; very "family orientated". Beautiful church and convent.  Contact me if you need any more info. REgards, Sheila (currently in UK). 

Like 0      
12 Apr 2009 2:27 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi SheHen, welcome to EOS.

I've just Googled it as I didn't know where it is. I see it's inland from Gandia, which is further north of Denia & Javea on the Costa Blanca. It sounds beautiful, as many of the inland places away from the coast, are.

Like 0      
06 Jul 2009 8:44 AM by annewalks Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

hi I have just booked a few days in a b and b halfway between enguera and ayora, I do not know the area at all as  I have a holiday home furthern south on the coast. We managed to get ryanair flights to valencia at 10pp return so have picked the enguera area to stay. Can you give us some places of interest to visit. We are there for 3 days in sept.

thanks

Like 0      
10 Jul 2009 7:42 AM by Stemul Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

We live near Xativa , it´s only a short ride away from Enguera and the weather is very similar......yes, we do get snow in winter,  last winter it snowed on Dec 8th and was cleared by the 9th, There are some dull days in winter but there are also lots of sunny days as well. As a  general rule we tend to be 5 degrees warmer than on the coast during summer and 5 degrees cooler in the winter. The coast is more temperate BUT weather aside , if you intend living here then the "package" for living inland is far better than on the coast. A lot more house for your money, better lifestyle , better people , cheaper shops,bars and restaurants. ( if that is what you want ! ) . If you want the Brit bars and the nightlife , then look on the coast.

Like 0      
11 Jul 2009 6:51 PM by SheHen Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Just got back from wonderful 9 days in Enguera. Weather glorious.  Xativa is a nearby town - excellent to visit. Also, there's a lake at Anna and restaurants - popular on weekends with the Spanish. Ontinyent is about half an hour away - v. nice town with all the shops and amenities. Also Bocairent - a medieval town set on a hillside; We haven't explored it in full yet but intend to do so next trip.  There are estate agents in Enguera and Xativa. The church in Enguera is beautiful; there's also a convent and a tourist information office with further info on places of interest to visit.  Hope you enjoy your stay - and good luck with the house hunting. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

What happen with my money if my Bank goes bust? - 12 posts
Free flight Faro LondonSat 11th October - 0 posts
RED HOT HOMES - 2 posts
Current situation - 22 posts
Hi from Redcar - 5 posts
New rentals website. 6 months free (not an advert Justin) - 10 posts
To walk or not to walk ? - 7 posts
How to cancel renting advert - 1 posts
Apartment not built to original specification - legal view - 6 posts
Jet2.: Valencia to Leeds Bradford Summer 2009 - 4 posts
Help setting up property management co - 4 posts
The boy in the striped pyjamas - 11 posts
Volvo Ocean Race in Alicante - 0 posts
Playa Golf 3 Deeds - 2 posts
Another new user - 14 posts
Restaurants in Moraira on Costa Blanca - 1 posts
Freeview vs Freesat vs Freesatfromsky vs Sky and how to spot a rebroadcaster - 17 posts
minibus - 0 posts
Implications of Not Completing - 39 posts
7 Seater people carrier -Ford Galaxy 2002-1.9TDCI - 6 SPEED - OFFERS??? : - 4 posts
On-site facilities at San Cayetano - 3 posts
8 pay day's till we move out there - 8 posts
Official numbers of the National Office for Rentals - 0 posts
Proper Driving licence - 5 posts
Loosing a passport - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x