1 hour drive from Alicante?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Sep 2008 10:57 PM by debbie 1964 Star rating in Stoke-on-Trent Staff.... 63 posts Send private message

Have a look at Formentera de Segura, about 30 mins from Alicante airport and 40 mins from Murcia airport. Its 5mins from the A7  and a 10 min drive to Guadamar
A village combining the old and the new and a safe place for children.

Regards

Like 0      
27 Sep 2008 9:18 AM by sichez Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

fao Brickie,

I'll have to disagree with you on the matter of coastal towns. You say, "..you have to accept that you are not living in real Spain, because the Coastal Areas are where all the Brits tend to congregate and you are effectively living in little Britain. You will also end up paying more  for poorer quality, albeit just now there should be some good bargains."

Have you ever been to Guardamar? It's the most un-British coastal area I've ever been to!

The whole promenade from end to the other is quaint Spanish bars, tapas bars & seafoord restaurants etc. I think there's one Scottish themed pub just off the sea-front, and that's it.

No karaoke bars, no kiss-me-quick hats, no donkeys, no groups of geriatrics exercising on the beach, no music blasting away.

Just Spaniards and a handful of respectful foreigners going about the job of enjoying a fantastic open (& clean) beach and utterly charming promenade.

As for property, those on the beach WILL be expensive, yes. But I'm sure you'll find some bargains only a few streets back. It's just a matter of looking that little bit harder.

It seems you found a bargain out in the countryside, so I'm pleased for you. But, I think you may be generalising a bit too much when you criticise coastal areas.

Like 0      
27 Sep 2008 2:19 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

San Pedro (very close to San Javier) is also very Spanish and reasonably priced - at least it was when we last went there a couple of years ago.

If you are looking for places inland, why not look at Jumilla, which is where we are living?  Less than one hour from Alicante airport and about the same from San Javier.  It is also on a couple of bus routes, for anybody who doesn't drive.  It is renowned for its wine, with several good bodegas in the town, and even has its own Castillo.  The population is about 25,000, most of whom are Spanish and they are very friendly.  Happy to answer any questions, or pass on more information if anybody is interested!

Sue

PS I am not an estate agent!

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
28 Nov 2008 12:29 PM by sky2 Star rating. 43 posts Send private message

sky2´s avatar

Mula is a place which is still tipically spanish, it reminds me of York with its up and down cobbled streets, but with glorious views of the surrounding Countryside and a castle which is lit up at night.  Not too many English and with just the ONE British bar.

Like 0      
02 Dec 2008 5:36 PM by Jeanie60 Star rating. 103 posts Send private message

Hi all,

This is realy a very interesting thread for me,

We will be going to stay in playa flamenca end of jan, and we will be having a good look around.

We stayed there last year and we did like but i realy felt we were in england there was so many brits.

But some of the places that have been mentioned here sound realy interesting and not to far from the airports which is what we want.

Good thread i will be back for more.

Cheers!

Like 0      
02 Dec 2008 9:43 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hi Jeanie60

We don't have any British bars in Jumilla at the moment.  There is an "Irish" bar, but they only have Spanish staff and customers and no Guinness or other Irish beers! If you decide to come over here in January, just PM me if you would like to meet up.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
05 Dec 2008 11:56 AM by nickid Star rating in west midlands brough.... 74 posts Send private message

Have a look at San cayatano about 1 hr from alicante but only 10 mins from Murcia airport. very spanish village very good builders, we were not going to buy after looking at a few houses but in the end bought here

Like 0      
12 Jan 2009 8:01 PM by Damatt Star rating in South Wales/Algorfa. 78 posts Send private message

Hi,

If anyone is interested in buying a place on San Cayentano, then we have two for sale a 2 bed apartment and a 3 bed town house.

Dave

Like 0      
19 Jan 2009 10:54 PM by compaid Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Go north of Alicante and visit Altea. Considered the jewel of the area. Its got everything. A good town and a fantastic historic part. Local festivals include the Moors and Christians for 2 days, 3 kings at Christmas and numerous concerts. It also has a train direct to benidorm, Alicante and north to Denia from the town centre. House prices reasonable providing you stay within town area. Plenty of new flats just 2km along coast at Albir. Good selection of Spanish and Uk bars with a good all year sports centre and heated pool. Motorway exit at both ends of town. Large concert theatre and art university. Beech is stony in parts but next to resturants. As its Spanish most have local dishes and good menu del dias to enjoy.

Avoid Alfas as its turned into a ex-pat area, but it has another concert hall. Town a bit sparse and too far from beech.

If you like rural visit Jalon valley area.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2009 12:29 PM by Damatt Star rating in South Wales/Algorfa. 78 posts Send private message

Hi all,

Who said property was not selling. The two properties I had for sale went within 4 days, the same German bought both.

Thanks to all those who took the time to read.

Dave

Like 0      
05 Feb 2009 5:29 PM by solostar Star rating in North Wales / Almora.... 101 posts Send private message

Congratulations Dave,

Don,t suppose your German buyer would like to buy my 3 bedroomed apartment in Almoradi? Only 30 minutes from Alicante, it is a lovely, traditional town. We love it so much we bought a bigger place there but still waiting to sell our original place after 12 months.

Best Wishes.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2009 5:58 PM by Damatt Star rating in South Wales/Algorfa. 78 posts Send private message

Hi solostar,

I agree, Almoradi is a nice place, though I always get lost trying to get from there to Algorfa, can never find the right road.

Have you tried doing a long let with an option to buy?

Dave

Like 0      
05 Feb 2009 8:31 PM by solostar Star rating in North Wales / Almora.... 101 posts Send private message

We have decided  to try and let it out until the housing market improves, whenever that may be! I know what you mean about getting lost, we must be taking the same roads as you, at least you get to see the countryside around you.

Like 0      
08 Feb 2009 10:19 AM by mountainwalker Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

We've been living in Altea Hills for 15 years now.

This area, Marina Baixa and Marina Alta, is our favourite. There are nice little towns like Altea, Calpe, Moraira, Denia and Polop, that I could recommend for you.

There is a Topwalks website of "walking routes in Spain" where you could study the views and landscape of Marina Alta and Marina Baixa. The website is a wonderful source of information, but unfortunately I am not allowed to add a link to my messages yet :-)

I hope you will enjoy Spain as much as we do!

Like 0      
09 Feb 2009 10:05 AM by Acky Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

C&R.  Did you buy? 

Like 0      
15 Feb 2009 7:06 PM by iain4702 Star rating in East Lothian & Lo.... 42 posts Send private message

Hi Cam did you ever decide on a place?

My wife and I are from East Lothian but have a small place in /near Los Montesinos and love it.

Please contact if you need any assistance.

Regards Iain

Like 0      
15 Feb 2009 7:06 PM by iain4702 Star rating in East Lothian & Lo.... 42 posts Send private message

Hi Cam did you ever decide on a place?

My wife and I are from East Lothian but have a small place in /near Los Montesinos and love it.

Please contact if you need any assistance.

Regards Iain

Like 0      
30 Mar 2009 4:46 AM by Elle2009 Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

calpe is lovely

Like 0      
31 May 2009 11:45 PM by KP Star rating. 229 posts Send private message

Hi Mountain Walker thanks for the link to Topwalks what a fantastic site.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

bmibaby - 5 posts
Wanted - Chest of Drawers, Garrucha Area - 0 posts
Come back More. We miss you. You are part of the team - 26 posts
DREAM HOME INTERIORS - 8 posts
why can't i receive private messages? - 2 posts
Setting up an Ultrasound Business in Spain - 1 posts
Tiger Mosquito arrives in the Costa Brava - 10 posts
Archery equipment - 0 posts
INTERNET CONNECTION - 4 posts
What a good decision!! - 43 posts
When did Ryan stop their Priority Boarding with online checkin - 7 posts
Directions from Jerez airport to Manilva-hopefully avoiding the coast road!!!! - 14 posts
30k members, we're almost there! - 6 posts
Looking to move to Spain - help !! - 10 posts
Education In Javea - 1 posts
CALANOVA GOLF - 13 posts
Work for Eye on Spain - Office admin needed - 0 posts
Property required inland areas i.e Cartama, Coin, Alhaurin etc - 0 posts
Telimico GONE AGAIN............ - 96 posts
one way van rental - 0 posts
SPANISH GYPSIES TAKEN OVER APPARTMENT - 2 posts
Lookin to move to Spain ? help - 8 posts
Congratulations! - 0 posts
Restaurant reviews benidorm - 0 posts
Internet-Pay as you go,or Monthly Contract ? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 39

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x