bmibaby

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Does anyone have any info on changes to bmibaby routes - or maybe they're going the same way as ZOOM?  

Been trying to book Cardiff to Murcia - no flights after the end of October this year.  The route is still showing on their web site for 2009, but no flights showing at all.   I've rung their booking line many times and been kept holding for at least half an hour each time with no answer.  Done bit of checking from their other departure points.  Some still have flights after October, eg from East Midlands.  Others have no flights at all.  Anyone got any update on them?

Jane

Like 0      
09 Sep 2008 9:37 PM by celtelf2 Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Hi, I heard an announcement on Radio Wales yesterday that BMIbaby are withdrawing flights from Cardiff to Murcia and offering assengers the opportunity to transfer to Alicante flight. Sorry I didnt hear the reason why I am disspointed as Ihave used his route many times.

Like 0      
10 Sep 2008 8:07 AM by davey Star rating in Wigan /La Tercia Mur.... 205 posts Send private message

davey´s avatar
Bmibaby cuts flights to Jersey and Murcia

Low-cost airline reduces its winter services due to rising fuel costs and lack of demand.

Bmibaby has cut flights to Murcia and Jersey due to rising fuel costs Bmibaby has become the latest UK airline to announce cuts to its winter services.

Citing a lack of demand and rising fuel costs, the carrier has confirmed the suspension of flights from Cardiff to Murcia and from Birmingham to Jersey until next spring at the earliest.

"In common with most other airlines, Bmibaby has reduced capacity generally in its network over the winter period in light of expected weaker demand and high fuel prices," said a spokeswoman.

Bmibaby added that it would still be operating services from Cardiff to Alicante, and from Jersey to East Midlands, Cardiff and Manchester airports.

Passengers affected by the cancellations will be transferred to alternate services or offered a refund should these changes be deemed unsuitable.

However, reports suggest that many holidaymakers have not yet been informed of changes to their flights, prompting anger among some passengers.

Easyjet has also announced the cancellation of its services to Jersey, the latest in a series of cuts by the no-frills airline.

British Airways and Ryanair have also made extensive capacity cuts and grounded several planes in recent weeks as airlines struggle to come to terms with high fuel costs ( Daily Telegraph)

Like 0      
10 Sep 2008 10:20 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Hi Jane
I remember when BMI first started flying Cardiff to Murcia that they had said only flying between April - October so I always thought that was the norm. I didn't realise they had changed it in between, but now it looks like they've gone back to plan A. That's a real shame  . So back to easyjet Bristol then? Or are there any other options that I don't know about? See you soon cookie.

Like 0      
11 Sep 2008 7:46 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Thanks everyone - had bmibaby notice of summer flights and yes, they're flying from Cardiff to Murcia for the summer, thank heavens.   You're right Gina, they've reverted to their original pattern.  Seems not enough demand for winter flights to San Javier but at least Alicante still operating in winter.  As anticipated summer flights now a lot more expensive, another sign of the times.

Jane

Like 0      
12 Sep 2008 2:19 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
There seems to be a rumour going around that BMI baby are going to pull out of routes to Murcia from Cardiff altogether. Anyone heard anything?

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 9/12/2008.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wanted - Chest of Drawers, Garrucha Area - 0 posts
Come back More. We miss you. You are part of the team - 26 posts
DREAM HOME INTERIORS - 8 posts
why can't i receive private messages? - 2 posts
Setting up an Ultrasound Business in Spain - 1 posts
Tiger Mosquito arrives in the Costa Brava - 10 posts
Archery equipment - 0 posts
INTERNET CONNECTION - 4 posts
What a good decision!! - 43 posts
When did Ryan stop their Priority Boarding with online checkin - 7 posts
Directions from Jerez airport to Manilva-hopefully avoiding the coast road!!!! - 14 posts
30k members, we're almost there! - 6 posts
Looking to move to Spain - help !! - 10 posts
Education In Javea - 1 posts
CALANOVA GOLF - 13 posts
Work for Eye on Spain - Office admin needed - 0 posts
Property required inland areas i.e Cartama, Coin, Alhaurin etc - 0 posts
Telimico GONE AGAIN............ - 96 posts
one way van rental - 0 posts
SPANISH GYPSIES TAKEN OVER APPARTMENT - 2 posts
Lookin to move to Spain ? help - 8 posts
Congratulations! - 0 posts
Restaurant reviews benidorm - 0 posts
Internet-Pay as you go,or Monthly Contract ? - 2 posts
Using the spanish health service if under 65 and early retired. - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x