Directions from Jerez airport to Manilva-hopefully avoiding the coast road!!!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

Thus far I have achieved the above with differing degrees of success! Which in english means thaty on two occasions I have made it in circa 1.2 hrs successfully avoiding the coast road on the other tw occasions I have wound up in Tarifa and it has taken nearer 2.2 hrs!
Any clear explicit directions bearing in mind most flightd into Jerez tend to leand at such a time that it means the trip takes place in darkness would be much appreciated.

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      
08 Sep 2008 9:50 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Come straight down the new motorway to Los Barrios (Algeciras) turn left in the direction of Gibraltar, Estepona etc (in other words away from Algeciras itself) and you are then on the coast road for 15 to 20 minutes. To be honest the coast road is not that bad up that end but if necessary instead of following the A7 at Sotogrande take the AP7 to the Manilva junction and then down the hill from there. You have been coming here for so long now I would have thought you would have worked out the easiest - unless i have u mistaken with another advisor.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
09 Sep 2008 8:06 AM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

Pat
problem is not getting to Jerez but getting form Jerez to Manilva?
a

Like 0      
09 Sep 2008 9:40 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Thats why I posted the route to follow

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
09 Sep 2008 9:52 AM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

Pat
the problem is if I have gone the wrong way I am in Tarifa before I know it? Never a problem on the return route to Jerez, are there any major signs, points of interest etc clearly visiable at night?

Like 0      
09 Sep 2008 9:59 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Well mate assuming that you are coming down the motorway from jerez when you get to the coast you have two options - either turn left (east) or turn right (west) - you need to turn left (east) and the last time I went there were signs towards Sotogrande/Estepona I think which should indicate which direction to go. As you get towards the bottom you want to turn in the opposite direction to Algeciras - while the motorway will have been heading towards Algeciras from Jerez as you come off the Motorway if you continue towards Algeciras that will take you in direction of Tarifa.

Like 0      
09 Sep 2008 9:59 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Well mate assuming that you are coming down the motorway from jerez when you get to the coast you have two options - either turn left (east) or turn right (west) - you need to turn left (east) and the last time I went there were signs towards Sotogrande/Estepona I think which should indicate which direction to go. As you get towards the bottom you want to turn in the opposite direction to Algeciras - while the motorway will have been heading towards Algeciras from Jerez as you come off the Motorway if you continue towards Algeciras that will take you in direction of Tarifa.

Like 0      
09 Sep 2008 4:11 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
We've never had a problem coming from Jerez.  Just make sure that you get onto the A381 from the A4 - that's the road you don't want to miss!  Otherwise you will end up taking the coast road.  And it is easy to miss as we did it the first time and ended up on the Tarifa route.  Just follow the signs for Cadiz until you see the A381 exit to Algeciras.  This basically takes you right down to Los Barrios where you'll pick up the A7 or AP7, whichever way you want to go!

Works for us!

This message was last edited by Pitby on 9/9/2008.

Like 0      
09 Sep 2008 5:48 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
I must admit that I find Malaga Airport to Manilva very easy, so have never bothered with Jerez.

I tend to just bomb down the AP7, pay the tolls and viola! Am there in less than 45 mins, as tend to travel late at night.

Last time I used the costal route, it took 1hr and 10 mins, same time of night.

Is Jerez a good airport to use then?

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 9/9/2008.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
09 Sep 2008 6:07 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Never used it myself but friends have and they reckon its the business - less busy than Malaga they tell me - think Ryan Air go in there so guess depends on local airlines you need to the UK - if you are doing Malaga to Manilva in 45 minutes even using the AP you are certainly not observing speed limits (but then knowing your crazy happy go lucky attitude why does that not surprise me - if the Guardia stop you just set the Rottie on them) - anyway if you are doing that run in 45 minutes it will probably take you 20 minutes from Jerez to Manilva.

Like 0      
09 Sep 2008 6:56 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Well, as the Spanish always go faster than the posted speed limit, and think that they are Formula One drivers, I thought I'd join in!

And at 11pm on the AP7 there is hardly any traffic, except for a mad Welshman showing the Spanish what a real Formula One driver drives like.

Let's say someone was going about 20kph faster than the posted limit of 120kph, that means they are only doing 87.5mph, which would mean that they are only going 2.5mph faster than they would on the M5 in the UK.

So maybe it would be worth flying to Jerez then, mind you I think Smiley reckons I could probably drive there faster. 

Put it another way, if you get in the fast lane and drive faster than the Spanish, then they can't drive up behind you and hang 5cm of your bumper all the way to the Airport.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
09 Sep 2008 7:06 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Personally, I reckon it's six of one and half dozen of the other!  Yes, I too can do Malaga to Manilva in less than fifty minutes, if I keep my foot on the pedal all the way!  And, coming from Dubai, I don't have a problem with that at all!  But obviously, you come across obstacles, either way, so it's about the same really, from Jerez (if you find your way and get the A381 exit) and Malaga if you don't encounter any traffic!!

Saying all that, we've never flown to Jerez airport!!  We just visit there for the F1 testing in July!!!  So we've only ever driven there and back and not compared it to any other airport - as for us, we usually fly into Malaga anyway!  But, getting back to the post, the directions are pretty simple!!

This message was last edited by Pitby on 9/9/2008.

Like 0      
09 Sep 2008 7:28 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar
Yes! I agree the directions are pretty simple.

Although as we are in Duquesa, comming back from Los Barrios direction I would take km133 and then go immediate left at the next roundabout, which takes you past Sotogrande.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
09 Sep 2008 7:51 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Techno, do you mean to take the exit which takes you to the toll road?  That's fine, depending on where you are going.  But the easiest way (and you don't pay, is to take the A7=N340 road) which will take you along the coast road to Manilva.  The AP7 road is great, if you don't mind paying and you'll come off at the top of Manilva and drive down to the Sabinillas roundabout.  But just so you all know, that's the route!!

Is that the same route you are suggesting?  Just want to clarify - as may follow your route next time!!

Like 0      
09 Sep 2008 11:10 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
By the time you have come down the hill at Manilva it is actually quicker to stay on the coast road at Sotogrande. Its actually quite deceptive - always used to use the AP going from Estepona to Gib or that general direction but while the limit is lower as long as there is no hold up on the coast road it is actually slightly quicker to stay on the coast road - mate of mine mentioned it to me a couple of years back and tried timing san ped to Gib both routes and coast road always slightly quicker - GOD how sad am I to have done that!!!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

30k members, we're almost there! - 6 posts
Looking to move to Spain - help !! - 10 posts
Education In Javea - 1 posts
CALANOVA GOLF - 13 posts
Work for Eye on Spain - Office admin needed - 0 posts
Property required inland areas i.e Cartama, Coin, Alhaurin etc - 0 posts
Telimico GONE AGAIN............ - 96 posts
one way van rental - 0 posts
SPANISH GYPSIES TAKEN OVER APPARTMENT - 2 posts
Lookin to move to Spain ? help - 8 posts
Congratulations! - 0 posts
Restaurant reviews benidorm - 0 posts
Internet-Pay as you go,or Monthly Contract ? - 2 posts
Using the spanish health service if under 65 and early retired. - 6 posts
Los Lagos court case won against developer! - 5 posts
Costa Brava - 0 posts
Help Snake - 3 posts
50cc motorbike for sale - 0 posts
2 seater sofa for sale - 1 posts
Can a mod please explain - 4 posts
flying pets with iberia - 5 posts
chrissy - 0 posts
Costs involved in Selling - 5 posts
New El Pirata in Albatera - 0 posts
Bank Guarantees, a new source of woe for off plan buyers - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x