Telimico GONE AGAIN............

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Sep 2008 12:00 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Telemicro is off AGAIN until next Monday....................................WHY???:::::::::info chanal says 'technical difficulties'

ANYBODY got more info ?????

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
08 Sep 2008 12:23 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Have you tried to Email them?

www.telmicrolevante.com         info@telmicro.es

Perhaps they are installing the UK terrestorial channels 

Still can't understand why Torresat can broadcast them whilst Telimicro can't.

But then again, this is Spain and we do things differently here 

Like 0      
08 Sep 2008 12:52 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
This is the only thing on telmicro's web site...............it's worrying..................

Telmicro is not transmitting at the moment.

More information will be released as soon as possible.

Please refrain from calling our technical support lines.

Thank you

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
08 Sep 2008 1:19 PM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

Looks like some court injunction Spanish style. I am only guessing. This could be the last straw for them. Just suddenly taken off and no explanation. Don't call us - we'll call you. Very ominous. Glad I cancelled my direct debit.

Like 0      
08 Sep 2008 4:06 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Hi
Anyone know where I could buy a 1.45m dish in or around the san javier area and rough guide price?
Thank you

Like 0      
09 Sep 2008 1:26 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

found this on another forum

This is from the Sol Productions website:

Statement from Telmicro 09.9.08

09:50 Tue 09, Sep 2008
Telmicro Statement 09.09.08

Telmicro have removed the TV system to do final checks and preparation due to the inconsistency of the recent re connecting of the different areas, therefore the official re launch to re introduce the new tv package will be on Tuesday 16th of September.

Telmicro apologise to its clients and thank them for their patience.

Unfortunately due to the La Marina office still being out of action this may still take a little while longer to be re launched.

We at Sol Productions obviously support and feel for Telmicro and as we are an independent production company, until transmit ion through Telmicro is resumed you can watch your favourite programs of our website http://www.solproductions.tv, and we will also upload Telmicros statements through our website

Like 0      
09 Sep 2008 1:30 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Also from another forum..........................................my friend watched the Guardia removing conections and stuff from Telmicro St Loius yesterday

It would be really good to hear some TRUTH about this TV situation ! ! !

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
09 Sep 2008 2:20 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I don't think we ever will, only thing to do is wait another week and see what happens.

The whole thing smells, after reading about Torresat and their appalling aftersales service I think it's the only thing to do.  They seem to be grabbing all the money they can so perhaps they know their days are numbered too.

There doesn't seem to be a viable alternative at the moment except for a huge dish.

Someone on one of these many TV threads stated that by law every urbanisation should have a Digital Ariel installed.

Anyone else heard this?  If so maybe a DBT box is the way forward until something reliable appears.

It seems to have similar channels to those being broadcast by Telemicro and I understand the boxes are quite reasonably priced. 

Like 0      
09 Sep 2008 2:37 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
I think the Communal aerial you have read about Semi, is actually for Spanish TV. Our apartments were wired up for this and we can get it now if we have the TV plugged into the correct socket. When the Spanish system goes digital ( which incidently, the community has to pay for the upgrade ) there will be lots more Spanish programmes available. Apparently you can change the language to English on the film chanels.

The other option, of course is the large dish and the large payment. There are other installers who are 'catching' a signal for a one off payment which seems to be ok as they are not re broadcasting and charging a monthly fee. If you are lucky enough to live in the 'right' place, you can have a little box about the size of a cigarette packet to give you the signal.

I'm heartily sick of it all ! ! !

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
09 Sep 2008 3:01 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
Maria said on the forum some time ago that legally you are entitled to receive TV broadcasts in your native language, I think that was in a discussion about someone being prevented from installing a dish.  Whether you can enforce your comunity to install receiving equipment is another matter, I know some of them in Andalucia areinstalling communal satellite dishes pointing to the Astra satellite.

Mark

Like 0      
09 Sep 2008 3:02 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Yup that's what I was talking about, you need to get a DBT box (40e?) with an OR button to press to see if the film or programme has been dubbed from English into Spanish.

Some have a hard disc inside to record programmes, don't know if they also have twin tuners yet.  They've only been here for a little while so might be some time before they are available in Spain.

I may be wrong but I thought that the programmes listed before on Spanish Digital boxes where similar to those broadcast by Telemicro recently.  They had a few extra channels as well, sky news and BBC world news which may not be on there.  The other channels are from Digital+, Fox, SCI FI  and Calle13,

I wonder what a basic channel package is with Digital+, if they were to introduce a couple of English news channels may even consider going with them.  

Telefonica also do a TV package via the internet, maybe worth a look.

Also some people are able to catch up with the soaps via internet so there are a few options to carry you over until a decision has to be made.  Annoying I know to have to go through all this expecially when you have paid out money in good faith.

Like 0      
10 Sep 2008 1:28 AM by cybertom Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I live in Calle Helsinki in La Marina (San Fulgencio), and we had the computer shop / television shop here in San Fulgencio put up a FREE-VIEW sat-dish (80 cm). The guys down there were really helpful and everything is working perfectly. The dish is my own, the sat receiver is my own and if I move, well then I take it with me. No monthly payments, and all free-to-air. Got 213 channels, some crap but many of them really good. Like Moviesfor men, BBC news, SKY News, BBC Sports 1, 2 and 3, Truemovies 1 and 2, and a number of shopping channels, music channels, religious channels, news channels etc. Had the system installed the next day, and only paid EUR 199,-. Very professional, and very helpful. The company is called INFORMATICADIRECT and can be reached on 966 727 555. They are located in Centro Comercial Bahia de las Dunas here in San Fulgencio. Several of our neighbours have also had the dish installed, and we are all very happy with the system, and we finally realized that after living here for 5 years, maybe it is about time to cut the cord, and go "spanish" or should I say LESS English.

Like 0      
10 Sep 2008 8:50 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Been reading yet another thread about TV in Spain and realised that I'd been calling the Spanish Digital (freeview) box by the wrong name

It's a TDT and there's a website www.tdt.es  if anyones interested.

Like 0      
10 Sep 2008 12:51 PM by Daveline Star rating in Lancashire & Orihuel.... 44 posts Send private message

I will be over in Spain next week, and it is also my plan to install a small (90cm) dish for the Astra south beams.
Also a little later in the year, motorise the system to be able to see other satellites such as Hotbird at 13 deg.
I have been interested in satellite reception since before the launch of Astra in the late 1990's, and have seen the clout, and resources that Sky wield against its foes, personally I can't see a long term future for the re-transmission of Sky programs in Spain but, that is just my opinion !

Dave

Like 0      
13 Sep 2008 4:03 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Hi Dave
Could you give me a few more details on the astra south beams with the 90 cm dish? How much does it cost and what channels do you get?

Thanks so much.

Like 0      
13 Sep 2008 4:26 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar
You will be lucky to get anything from Astra 2 on 28.2 E and Eurobird with a 80 or 90 cm dish where the Sky channels are, so don't watse your time and money. Suggest you use a 1.9 OR 2.4 mt dish and either a Sky digi card from a UK address or a FTA box with no card.

Looking at all the going on's about this subject on this and other forums, looks like people are still be sold retransmitted signals and told they are direct from the satellite.

I live just north and inland a little from you and have a 1.9 mt dish pointed at Astra 2, with this I can pickup a lot of the south beam and some north beam at certain times of the day.

A friend of mine picked up a 1.2mt dish, we can get next to nothing on Astra 2 and Eurobird, but all of Astra 1 and Hotbird

Like 0      
13 Sep 2008 5:48 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Hi Mr Kevin
Thanks for that, even more confusion then .
I have been told that the smallest dish I need for sky is 1.45 m. Anyone else got one and what is the reception like?
Thanks

Like 0      
13 Sep 2008 5:57 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar
using this link 
http://www.flysat.com/tv-uk.php

on an 80 cm dish you should be able to pick up most of the channels on eurobird 1

you will need a minimum of a 1.8 to pick up astra 2ds, and even then some of those wil not be 24/7

a 1.45 dish may get you bbc1 and itv1 almost 24/7, but not bbc2...

this may help with seeing what channels are on each sat service...

http://www.satandpcguy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35

for info: UK TV is beamed from 5 satellites, Astra 2 a,b,,c,d and eurobird 1.
Astra 2a and b have north and south beams, with the north beam chanels being a bit "tricky" to get all day.
Astra 2d is the weak beam satelluite with bbc and itv and c4 on
Eurobird and Astra 2c should be be picked on on 80cm dishes (five is on 2c,)

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
13 Sep 2008 6:12 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Thank you Sat guy
I will read through the links. Can a 1.45 dish work with a sky box and free card? 
Sorry to be such a girley  .

Like 0      
13 Sep 2008 8:35 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

a sky receiver will work with any satellite dish pointing at the astra 28 satellites

but which channels you get will be determined by a) dish size, and b) package (ie free, freesatfromsky card or sky subcritpion card) 

so a 1.45 will work, but will not get all channels all the time./

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

one way van rental - 0 posts
SPANISH GYPSIES TAKEN OVER APPARTMENT - 2 posts
Lookin to move to Spain ? help - 8 posts
Congratulations! - 0 posts
Restaurant reviews benidorm - 0 posts
Internet-Pay as you go,or Monthly Contract ? - 2 posts
Using the spanish health service if under 65 and early retired. - 6 posts
Los Lagos court case won against developer! - 5 posts
Costa Brava - 0 posts
Help Snake - 3 posts
50cc motorbike for sale - 0 posts
2 seater sofa for sale - 1 posts
Can a mod please explain - 4 posts
flying pets with iberia - 5 posts
chrissy - 0 posts
Costs involved in Selling - 5 posts
New El Pirata in Albatera - 0 posts
Bank Guarantees, a new source of woe for off plan buyers - 1 posts
New Scooters 50 - 125 - 150 cc - 21 posts
Please I need some advice! - 5 posts
Two jobs in Spain? Is this possible - 1 posts
IBI Local taxes - 75 posts
Mirador Villa Phase 2 Fuente De Piedra - 2 posts
urgent - cycle hire - 0 posts
Living in Malaga - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 97

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x