Alcaidesa: the unknown area

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Quienessomos3This is Alcaidesa, 15 mins from Costaluzlawyers... a mountain-golf-beach-sun paradise. The unknown corner... 15 mins from Gibraltar airport too, come and visit us at Costaluz and we might have lunch together there... we are always ready for that.

Hugs!

Maria

Ps.- Picture has been taken from www.golfalcaidesa.es, my husband does better ones

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 8/17/2008.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 8:00 PM by alcaidesa Star rating in Beckenham Kent. 34 posts Send private message

Alcaidesa is lovely, but in bad bad need of more infrastructure. 
We need bars, cafes, restraunts and a lot more parking for the beaches.

Like 0      
21 Aug 2008 9:53 PM by sandybeach Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

It was beautiful four or five years ago. Then they ruined it completely by building thousands of apartments up on the hillside

Like 0      
22 Aug 2008 8:22 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Sandy beach: I agree with you on a litle bit of over building... but still in a bit of harmony in my appreciation. I also like the contrast of mountains and beach and the natutal park behind.

Alcaidesa:  Do you live around here?  We could meet if you want....Regarding infraestructures, it seems the Alcaidesa Group wants to keep the area as a safe residential place with few stores.

An international school and a marina are planned. Gibraltar is near... and  we are near too....

Best,

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
22 Aug 2008 9:53 AM by alcaidesa Star rating in Beckenham Kent. 34 posts Send private message

Hi maria, my plan was to retire soon and live in Alcaidesa. But I have had such a terrible experience having my villa
built it has put me off Spain in general, I chose the worst contractor in the whole of Andalucia. My plan now is to get
the villa finished try to rent it out out until markets improve and then sell it.
Having said that I still think of all the areas Alcaidesa is one of the best, I originally lived there 6 years ago before
all the apartments were built, but at least they seem to be well occupied all year round.

Like 0      
23 Aug 2008 8:45 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Good luck! Please let us know if you need any help. We are based in Algeciras
Maria

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 8/23/2008.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
27 Aug 2008 11:49 PM by alanalv Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Can anybody recommend a good school for 5 year olds? I have heard that they are going to build an International School in Alcaidesa, but are there any other good schools.

Like 0      
28 Aug 2008 6:14 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Do you want a recommendation for a school in the area ( Campo de Gibraltar)? Private or Public?

I live in Algeciras and will be pleased to help you.

Best,

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
28 Aug 2008 12:20 PM by alanalv Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi Maria

We are not sure, where we should send the kids. We were thinking of
Gibraltar so they could continue their education. Then we thought of a local Spanish school, so they could pick up the language and make new friends. I think that the international school will be too expensive, as we will be sending 3 children to it.

It's a shame that there is no public school in Alcaidesa, as this would solve the problem. So if you could advise us of any public or private school that is local.

Many thanks
Alan

Like 0      
28 Aug 2008 1:07 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I am available for some suggestions through the PM facility or email address. You can find them at: www.costaluzlawyers.es

Local schools are good and I also know of a couple of  private schools with kind of bilingual ( English-Spanish) education programms.

Best regards,

Maria L. de Castro

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
05 Sep 2008 12:59 PM by callal Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

Hi all,

can anyone recomend a good agent who might be able to help sell a property in Alcadesa (if that's possible these days!)

thanks
Alex

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Looking for places to eat around Condado de Alhama - 9 posts
Brilliant Spanish forum, members helping with translating everything imaginable - 0 posts
Hotel.com great offer.Grab £25 voucher to get free worldwide rooms. (A Martin moneysaver). - 0 posts
hola to all veranda - 1 posts
hola to all veranda - 0 posts
Recent Visit - 2 posts
Watched via the PC, alternative "TV" in Spain - 14 posts
Los Hidalgos Manilva - 2 posts
Moving to Spain - 2 posts
Leaving the rat race - 18 posts
PRESIDENT OF A COMMUNITY - 34 posts
Olympic Men's Four Final - 4 posts
JET2 FLIGHT CHANGE 2009 - 2 posts
URGENT ADVICE NEEDED - 6 posts
Communidad de Propietarios to apply for Cédula. - 7 posts
Algeciras - 0 posts
Summer Holiday at Parque Botanico - 7 posts
moving to spain - 3 posts
schools - 2 posts
no samos pool??!! - 2 posts
TRANSLATING A WEBPAGE INTO ENGLISH. - 3 posts
San Javier (near Murcia Airport) Garage Required For Long term Rent - 0 posts
Telemicro Levante - 22 posts
Name of satellite for Spanish digital tv - 12 posts
Max Kite - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x