Summer Holiday at Parque Botanico

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar
With all the adverse comments made about different airlines here and elsewhere by many people, including myself, I thought you might find this airline quality guide handy.
It appears to list virtually every airline worldwide, with real customer reviews.
Just select your airline and see what experiences other people have had.
Ryanair comes in for some real stick...as well they should (!)
Easyjet gets away relatively unscathed apart from the boarding gate rugby scrums...Interesting points made about so called 'Speedy Boarding.' 
This only works if your aircraft is leaving from an airbridge...If buses are involved, generally you have wasted your money; you might be first on the bus, but its the first ones off the bus that get the choice of seats... and the chances are that that might well be a Group B latecomer...

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
15 Aug 2008 7:48 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I posted that site a while back somewhere, Foxbat. I recall others posting about the airport reviews. It has a lot of interesting reading on it.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/15/2008.

Like 0      
26 Aug 2008 1:40 PM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Has anyone else seen / heard the reports today that the oxygen masks did not work properly on the Ryanair flight that lost cabin pressure yesterday en route from Bristol to Girona?  A polar explorer - who I would assume knows about such things - said his mask did not work. 

Cost cutting in servicing?  Or did people forget to pay the extra!

Like 0      
26 Aug 2008 3:45 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar
I wouldn't think there was a problem with the masks to be honest. As an ex Ryanair, Danair VIP flight RAF engineer, I know that the masks are checked on a regular basis. I can't tell you the exact amount of hours that an aircraft has to fly, but everything has to be done by the book and a CAA certifiaction given to every bit of work undertaken.

I would imaging the scenario is one of mass panic when it happens and the safety briefing that everyone ignores or talks over is forgotten. The masks do not work straight away, you have to put then on and give a tug of the tube to start the airflow. In the pandemonium, I think many would probably forget that bit.

Mark

Like 0      
26 Aug 2008 11:13 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar
I hope I never have to try!

Jules

Like 0      
26 Aug 2008 11:55 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi you have to pull the tube to open and  then the air flows then place the mask over your mouth and it works irene

Like 0      
27 Aug 2008 7:45 PM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar
Interesting site that Airline quality site.
 Looking at the Ryanair  I was amazed to see they are now charging £8 per person for paying with credit/debit cards other than Visa Electron. I think that is outrageous, also it is not made clear when you come to pay. They should be made to advertise this fact in the same size print as the offers they send out. Its about time all these airlines are made to get rid of all the extra add-ons and give you clear cost of the price of the ticket.

Like 0      
27 Aug 2008 10:17 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
Checked the site out and apart from very recent moans about delays, Monarch came out ok

We did have a 6 hour delay on 24th Aug, due to 2 of their aircraft having technical probs.

We were given a £10 voucher each which I thought was very reasonable.

All in all, I would always choose Monarch.

In 4 years of flying scheduled flights with them, this was the first delay.

I find their flights good value and good times (who hates the 6-8 am slots?!)

We had celebs on our flight, a new series is starting on ITV2 during September called Celebair...........

We were served by Kenzie and Lisa Maffia.................look them up on the web, they are celebs.............truthfully!

They were both extremely pleasant and made our delay seem irrelevant.

Regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

moving to spain - 3 posts
schools - 2 posts
no samos pool??!! - 2 posts
TRANSLATING A WEBPAGE INTO ENGLISH. - 3 posts
San Javier (near Murcia Airport) Garage Required For Long term Rent - 0 posts
Telemicro Levante - 22 posts
Name of satellite for Spanish digital tv - 12 posts
Max Kite - 0 posts
Montana Roja ( Corralejo, Fuerteventura ) - avoid !!!!!! - 0 posts
shani and paul - 4 posts
MONETARY COMPENSATION FROM ANYONE INVOLVED IN LOSING THEIR MONEY - 1 posts
HEALTH CARE - 7 posts
problems at nueva ribera beach club - 10 posts
Security gates, window grills ramps, anything metal. - 0 posts
Lettings Agency - 3 posts
Jennifer Heredades PHASE 1 Development - 4 posts
Title Deeds - 1 posts
the diamond ex catering - 0 posts
Development forums & deleting them ! (Again) - 0 posts
A lighthearted look at life with great animal (only) videos. - 10 posts
water pressure HELP! - 3 posts
Which mortgage sounds better? - 8 posts
Progress of building work - 3 posts
Alcaidesa: do not recommend people to go there.... - 0 posts
Tickets for Volvo Masters Valderamma - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x