Telemicro Levante

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by teddybear Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Anyone else been stung by the withdrawal of the above service.

Like 0      
15 Aug 2008 2:32 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Hi teddybear you will find it has being disgust at great lenghth in the tv in spain thread,Pat.

Like 0      
15 Aug 2008 2:39 PM by teddybear Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Do you think they will resolve it and get TV reinstalled - I am in Scotland at present but got people going over to my place and its in a tiny spanish village so TV is pretty important.  thanks for your prompt reply.  Its a case of who do you trust eh?

Like 0      
15 Aug 2008 2:59 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Highly unlikely. Dont switch or waste your money on any of the others,as they willmost lickly go the same way.lt is bide your time and wait and see what is going to happen.Pat.

Like 0      
15 Aug 2008 3:11 PM by teddybear Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

You would think there would be a legitimate way of getting TV - its so simple over here eh?  I pity all the poor ex-pats who have no telly at all - I mean it becomes part of your lifestyle eh - and a way of keeping up to date on UK.  Hopefully the situation will get resolved.  Who do you trust nowadays eh - I handed over 192€ in good faith and probably have no hope in getting this back

Like 0      
15 Aug 2008 3:42 PM by El Jefe Star rating in Aguas Nuevas, Torrev.... 17 posts Send private message

El Jefe´s avatar

Expats furious over loss of TV signal

By CBN Newsdesk team
GUARDIA Civil raided the offices of television rebroadcaster Telmicro Levante SL on Tuesday morning.

Officers swooped on two properties used by the company in Algorfa and San Luis, Torrevieja.

Eye witnesses at Finca Los Garroferos in Algorfa reported that Guardia Civil had cordoned off the whole industrial estate and questioned anyone going in and out.

They noted that everybody who was there to have any dealings with the company was taken away for questioning.

Equipment and computers from both offices were impounded and the premises sealed off.

Following the crackdown the TV signal to the homes of thousands of expats was switched off and clients have been left without a service.

A Guardia Civil spokesman said the force could not confirm why the raids had been launched but said the investigation was still ongoing.

“I can’t say why because the operation is being kept secret and we do not want to give away any clues,” he stated.

A judge from Torrevieja courthouse is fronting the case.

Telmicro Levante SL customers, who have paid up to 600 euros for the installation of their English TV service along with a 180- euro annual fee, were up in arms over the situation.

Contact numbers for the company have been cut and clients have complained they have received no information to explain why their expensive service has suddenly disappeared.

Pat Taylor, from Benijófar town hall, said she had been inundated with calls from irate Telmicro Levante customers

She added that she had recently paid her own annual subscription, while a neighbour had paid his own and that of a friend on Monday, only for the signal to go off on Tuesday.

“They are not happy to say the least, it’s a bit of a farce,” she said.

“Nobody knows what is going on but what can you do – there are lots of people in the same boat.”

Problems with the Telmicro Levante SL service first surfaced in May when the signal for Sky programmes was lost.

A note from myself, it seems that other Tv broardcasting stations are going to have the same problems as well as local radio stations. The bureucracy is getting to much like UK. Telmicro had approx 42,000 homes connected to thier system .

NOW WE HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE OLD SYSTEM AND ALL HAVE HUGE WHITE SATELLITE DISHES ON EVERY HOME
THIS WILL MAKE THE PLACE FAR UGLIER.

Like 0      
15 Aug 2008 4:05 PM by teddybear Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

No doubt this happening will make some other company very very rich - you would think people would have realised that this shoudl be done legitimately - but then when we paid all that money to Telemicro Levante we did in good faith as we receive a signed contract etc. - I also paid 192€ last month.  What is a person to do - who do we trust its coming to that.  In scotland you phone Sky they give you a price install a box and you pay your subcription - it seems a simple thing to do - why do Spanish companies have to make everything so difficult - I don't have the money to pay out on another expensive installation fee - nothing is ever easy in Spain its all money money money - thats my moan for the day - at least we get good weather over in Spain better than the rain we have here in Scotland

Like 0      
15 Aug 2008 5:05 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

You can get legal service in Spain as well but not in English.

On other forums someone is discussing starting up a "legal service" at a price but as our resident satellite guru pointed out that will not include all the channels we want to watch.  It's very complicated and most times goes over my head.

Can only suggest you read the designated thread as that's where the latest news will be.  Main thing is don't rush into anything as nothing is certain at this point, where one goes the others will surely follow.

Suggest your family pack some dvd's and books or even a pack of cards.

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 9:38 AM by teddybear Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

I know but you would think someone would be in a position to supply a legal TV system - i.e in Scotland you phone up Sky and they come out - give you a contract, supply your service for a fee - it seems a simple operation to me.  May be I am just being ever the optimist eh.  Good luck with your TV supplies - I will have to leave it till next time I can get over to sort it out - no doubt something will come out of it .

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 10:40 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Has, & is still being discussed EXTENSIVELY,  in Telimicro GONE (since August 12th) There's currently 133 posts ! HOW did you miss seeing that thread teddybear ?

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 10:45 AM by teddybear Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Did not mean to make you annoyed - i was just passing comment - sorry if I upset you.  I have not seen any posts but maybe I am not looking in the correct place - please forgive me if I have hassled you in any way - it was not meant to be like that I was just trying to sympathise with everyone who has lost TV service in Spain.

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 10:57 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Teddybear, sorry if it came across the way you took it.  I'm not hassled or annoyed, just trying to point you to thread that has been discussing it for a while now. We have a search facility on EOS though it's not as good as we all would like but had you typed in "Telmicro" it would've shown threads.

There are other threads too with PC options like this one... Watched via the PC, alternative "TV" in Spain 

We are non residents too & affected & FURIOUS.  We paid a couple of € under 700€ for installation & year upfront in December .

Again, apologies.

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 11:04 AM by teddybear Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Yes we paid 500€ for installation and have just paid 192€ for a years subscription - its cos our place is in a tiny Spanish village and TV access can be pretty important but I am sure I am not alone.  Read on some threads that Telemicro hope to be broadcasting again on 23 August but will not hold my breath.  Nice to hear from you

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 11:10 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Read on some threads that Telemicro hope to be broadcasting again on 23 August 

Yes, teddybear, but you will presumably have seen that member Fly said straight afterwards "Telmicro didn't say that in their OFFICIAL announcement on Sunshine FM this morning - in fact they said nothing apart from a lot of woffle !!!!!! "

Thank goodness it's summer in Spain & life goes on outside more than in the winter months. It's a carry on though.

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 11:21 AM by teddybear Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

Exactly I just feel guilty cos I have people going out over September but hopefully something will get sorted out - I cannot see the amount of ex pats having no TV at all - after all its a way of life to some of them over there.  Thanks for keeping me informed.

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 11:24 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
I know you're posting on a few other forums so you'll know when we do. Just ensure you post in the other forums threads so you get instant email notification.

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 11:55 AM by El Jefe Star rating in Aguas Nuevas, Torrev.... 17 posts Send private message

El Jefe´s avatar
I could not wait for TELMICRO any more my kids where doing my head in!

I have just brought a 1.9meter dish with a freeview card. OK only 80 channels to watch but it has everything. 

Now Im in control, no monthly standing orders. Just about every chaneel we had. 

Telmicro might be in court thta could take as long as 12 to 18 months before a decision is made. 

Yes I do hope they get it back on for my rental properties sake. I have another 7 accounts with TELMICRO. 

WARNING these traditional satelitte guys are now extremly busy, so if you want a dish I would get your name down on a list ASAP. 
Also there are many dodgy satelitte fitters who will put any dish up for you without the proper cards or registration of the cards, so beware.

Like 0      
18 Aug 2008 12:45 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hello El Jefe
How much did you pay for your freeview and dish system?
Hope you don't mind me asking, only we are going out to Spain this Sunday and if Telemicro is still not on, then we may install your type of system.
Can you give a recommendation of your installer on EOS too?
thanks,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 10:49 AM by ned kelly Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Does anyone know if the monies paid to Telmicro can be reclaimed from the Spanish authorities? I believe over half a millon euros were seized in cash. All my payments were made through my Halifax account and I have a statement for each withdrawal.

This message was last edited by ned kelly on 11/15/2008.

Like 0      
15 Nov 2008 12:04 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

That's a very good question.

I too have bank statements for all my payments, however, I feel that we did actually get a service whilst we were paying, so really, we cannot claim back anything.

In any case, we would not be classed as creditors as we had what we paid for and if we were, we would be t the bottom of the pile after the Tax Office have had their dues.

It was a nice thought though!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Name of satellite for Spanish digital tv - 12 posts
Max Kite - 0 posts
Montana Roja ( Corralejo, Fuerteventura ) - avoid !!!!!! - 0 posts
shani and paul - 4 posts
MONETARY COMPENSATION FROM ANYONE INVOLVED IN LOSING THEIR MONEY - 1 posts
HEALTH CARE - 7 posts
problems at nueva ribera beach club - 10 posts
Security gates, window grills ramps, anything metal. - 0 posts
Lettings Agency - 3 posts
Jennifer Heredades PHASE 1 Development - 4 posts
Title Deeds - 1 posts
the diamond ex catering - 0 posts
Development forums & deleting them ! (Again) - 0 posts
A lighthearted look at life with great animal (only) videos. - 10 posts
water pressure HELP! - 3 posts
Which mortgage sounds better? - 8 posts
Progress of building work - 3 posts
Alcaidesa: do not recommend people to go there.... - 0 posts
Tickets for Volvo Masters Valderamma - 5 posts
Ryanair to launch hand luggage-only flights in October - 0 posts
Re-location - 3 posts
Easyjet at Alicante..............terminal 2 - 6 posts
Telimicro GONE - 212 posts
Spanish/English Wills - 18 posts
New member "SNOW" - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 23

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x