Looking for places to eat around Condado de Alhama

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Aug 2008 12:00 AM by michaelhardy Star rating in Bishop Auckland & Ja.... 597 posts Send private message

michaelhardy´s avatar
We have recently bought a property on Condado de Alhama and are looking for good restaurants around that area - anywhere from Puerto de Mazarron to Alhama de Murcia.

Like 0      
17 Aug 2008 7:24 PM by Billbo Star rating in Hartlepool & Jardine.... 654 posts Send private message

Hi Mike and Dawn,
                                  I have just ordered a book this morning which I think will be a godsend for us Condadians looking to explore the Murcia region and sniff out the best paces for visiting and eating out amongst other things. It is called 'A Brit's scrapbook - going native in Murcia'. I found an article on the net about it last night and promptly ordereded it on-line from our most famous stationer in the UK. Cost £14.99. I think it will be money well spent.

Regards,

Will

( & Jackie if it's not controversial !! ).

Like 0      
17 Aug 2008 7:32 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Will, welcome.

if you go to AMAZON & this page I've linked has the book on it, If you look on right at centre of book & keep clicking on tab you can read some of it.  Seems 2nd edition is 2006 though & lots have happened in two years in area.

£14.25 + free delivery if you make it up to £15 (Amazon products but I think you can buy crayons/pencils just to save you the P&P)

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/17/2008.

Like 0      
17 Aug 2008 8:08 PM by michaelhardy Star rating in Bishop Auckland & Ja.... 597 posts Send private message

michaelhardy´s avatar
Thanks,

Got this book when we looked for property a couple of years ago - very informative on where to go and what to do in the area - would definately recommend it. 

We have stayed in Murcia many times now but have stayed in the Mar Menor area and have found some lovely restaurants in that area through recommendations.

Now that we have completed, we just wondered if anyone could start us off with a couple of good restaurants to explore in October when we next go to the apartment.

Like 0      
17 Aug 2008 8:35 PM by Billbo Star rating in Hartlepool & Jardine.... 654 posts Send private message

OK folks,
                Looks like I could benefit a litle from your experiences here. I am going out to La Manga with a group of friends for a golfing long week-end (well, I have to get familiarised with my local region-to-be don't I !!) at the beginning of October. I know the La Manga complex itself has a whole range of restaraunts but I have heard good reports about the local villages nearby. Can anyone recommend good value nice quality restaraunts in either Cabo de Palos or Los Belones on a Friday or Saturday evening in first w/e of October. Also will it still be busy then in & around the main squares etc ? Other than that, what would the pick of the restaraunts in La manga be - very cosmopolitan tastes but don't need to go to 'Rolls Royce' Al La Carte standard. The quality of the local brew will be of more importance to some of our party !!

Thank's.

Will

Like 0      
17 Aug 2008 10:34 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

19 Aug 2008 11:38 AM by Billbo Star rating in Hartlepool & Jardine.... 654 posts Send private message

Morerosado,
                       Thank's for that. Great web links for info'. Do you have an idea if most places will be still open in beginning of October ? I suppose there is still a fair local population to serve, particularly on week-ends.

Regards,

Will

Like 0      
19 Aug 2008 12:17 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Isn't that the time the kids have their half term (in the UK) ? In that case there'll be more people around anyway so maybe there will be more open than at other times, sounds logical to me anyway. Around an hour south of us so you will need more "local" members.

Like 0      
20 Aug 2008 12:08 AM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar
Billbo

Cabo de Palos is a great place to visit and there are a number of good restaurants on the seafront, Miramar on the corner is prob best known. I should think October will still be ok. Town get busy on Sundays as there is local market.

Just outside Cartagena is a small cove that houses Mares Bravas, great place but lunchtimes only. There is a Italian in Los Belones but regrettably can't remember the name

have a good trip

PS UK halfterm down south is 27th Oct

Like 0      
31 Aug 2008 9:42 AM by suzybrown Star rating. 77 posts Send private message

Liz's Cafe is excellent. It has an extensive menu from sandwiches, homemade quiches, salads, jacket potatoes and lots more. You can take all the food away also. It is in Camposol B area. Also in Camposol B is a lovely Chinese in the same corner as Liz's Cafe and just around the corner is Rumours which is excellent. In Camposol A there is a brilliant Indian Restaurant.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Brilliant Spanish forum, members helping with translating everything imaginable - 0 posts
Hotel.com great offer.Grab £25 voucher to get free worldwide rooms. (A Martin moneysaver). - 0 posts
hola to all veranda - 1 posts
hola to all veranda - 0 posts
Recent Visit - 2 posts
Watched via the PC, alternative "TV" in Spain - 14 posts
Los Hidalgos Manilva - 2 posts
Moving to Spain - 2 posts
Leaving the rat race - 18 posts
PRESIDENT OF A COMMUNITY - 34 posts
Olympic Men's Four Final - 4 posts
JET2 FLIGHT CHANGE 2009 - 2 posts
URGENT ADVICE NEEDED - 6 posts
Communidad de Propietarios to apply for Cédula. - 7 posts
Algeciras - 0 posts
Summer Holiday at Parque Botanico - 7 posts
moving to spain - 3 posts
schools - 2 posts
no samos pool??!! - 2 posts
TRANSLATING A WEBPAGE INTO ENGLISH. - 3 posts
San Javier (near Murcia Airport) Garage Required For Long term Rent - 0 posts
Telemicro Levante - 22 posts
Name of satellite for Spanish digital tv - 12 posts
Max Kite - 0 posts
Montana Roja ( Corralejo, Fuerteventura ) - avoid !!!!!! - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x