Back on safe ground

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by Biddy Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

Hello all,  we have always thought how nice and friendly and informative this forum is, everyone sharing their knowledge and experiences, we have also tried to participate on our own forum giving any small piece of useful information we may have gathered along the way. My other half thought he would venture into the big wide world and participate in another forum discussing Spain and investments etc, well what a shock,  the reception he received was arrogant and hostile, not nice.  So in future we will stick with the friendly banter of EOS and continue to make good friends in the process, its certainly good to be back on safe ground.    Biddy and OH

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 12:45 AM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar
Stay here with us...everyone is friendly, helpful and it seems to me that everyone's point of view is appreciated.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 2:16 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Biddy & your OH, God I know what you mean. I look in on various other forums & one in particular has certain members who are often quite rude & ratty towards many (lack of moderators doesn't help) & they think it's hilarious too, likely cheap alcohol fuelled, so I tend to stay on EOS, where generally, we all get on.  I reckon I know the forum, please send me a PM & "put me out of my misery" as to which one it is.

Where are you buying ? I've searched your posts but all you say is you're having a property built north of Murcia. We're north of Murcia, 40 mins north, where are you ? 

Glad you like us on here.         

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 8:57 AM by Biddy Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

Hi everyone thank you for your kind comments, we couldnt believe how rude some of these other forums are to others trying to give their perception on things, how can anyone take these so called investment forums as serious. To be honest we had a look last night and it appears that many of them are only on line during the day, therefore we suspect that most of them are bored office workers with nothing better to do than idle hostile chit chat all day, not very productive !!   Still its great to be back on here, we have been back in the UK for a number of months but now waiting for our new property to be handed over in later this autumn.   I have PM you Morerosado with the info you wanted on these morons and of where we are moving to.   Thanks again for your friendly comments.     Biddy

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 11:33 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Hi Biddy
Sometimes i have had a little wander into some forums just for info really in the past but as you say, I can't understand why there are so many Victor meldrews out there.  I often wonder why, if they want a full blown scrap why they don't use the pm facility, but as you say, they haven't got anything better to do and they seem to like an audience. God forbid, any of them would have a brain to answer a simple question.
Have made some great friends on EOS so step away from the nasty ones and stay in here with the beautiful people LOL.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 11:50 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Biddy, thanks for the PM & I now know who you mean. 

Flossy it's our old "friends" ***

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 11:53 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Hi More
Thought it might be . No friends of mine, I just look and say

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 12:12 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar
Put me out of my misery someone - I want to know as well!

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 12:19 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
PM on its way, Sharon.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 1:48 PM by Biddy Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

Thanks for all of your kind private messages, we will certainly will stick to here and our own project forum in future, much nicer than ALL the others.       Biddy

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 2:01 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar
Mmmmmm that's a very chilly site, I've had to have a hot drink to warm myself up!! Not very friendly are they? You'd be too nervous to post a question on there. I think they all take themselves a little too seriously - I've found looking and buying very enjoyable, stressful at times yes, worrying at times yes, disappointing at times yes but when you have bought what you wanted why spend post after post moaning, it doesn't make sense. 

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 5:28 PM by Gypsy Star rating in south shields/formen.... 206 posts Send private message

Gypsy´s avatar

Hi again more,
Would you mind sending me a P.M. also
as I have been on a few dirrerent sites lately
and I have had some REALLY  NASTY replies.
If its who I think then I will avoid it in future.

GYPSY

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 5:31 PM by Gypsy Star rating in south shields/formen.... 206 posts Send private message

Gypsy´s avatar
Hi More,
It should have read DIFFERENT sites on my previous post,
that is before I have had some vino.

GYPSY

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 9:55 PM by Loopyloo Star rating in Fuengirola. 15 posts Send private message

Hi all

I agree some of the others are quite vile, I don't understand why?
Surely if you want to take a new challenge in your life is it not your choice, fail or succeed.

Loops

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 11:04 PM by flyingcat Star rating in London/Mojacar. 85 posts Send private message

flyingcat´s avatar
Can anyone kindly PM me as well? Thanks

Like 0      
17 Jul 2008 11:08 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
 Just done it, flying cat

Like 0      
18 Jul 2008 1:49 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
OMG Biddy, I've just been reading thread on the other forum that your OH posted in. (I catch up very late at night !!)

Your OH DID upset them, didn't he ?  They don't like that tact. 

Stick with us, we're calm human beings in the main.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2008 9:27 AM by Gypsy Star rating in south shields/formen.... 206 posts Send private message

Gypsy´s avatar
Hi More,

Thanks for your P.M.
the first site you mention I have never
heard of BUT the second site I have been on 
and I do not care much for it. THANKS

GYPSY

Like 0      
18 Jul 2008 10:17 AM by Biddy Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

Hi Morerosdo, Charlie has been banned from straying to other sites and forums and if he does I have told him he can use his own name not mine in future. I think these so called expert investor know it all's types must have their sense of humour extracted at birth,  poor things !!   Great news about Spain being top of the league table for quality of life, just shows you its not all about what you have or not have in some cases, its what you do with what you have that counts, if you can understand what I mean.!!!     

Biddy

Like 0      
18 Jul 2008 1:43 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Biddy, it's very rare ( I feel anyway) that I get on my high horse (though I have been know to react strongly occasionally on here but some members DO take the biscuit  ). There's no call for rudeness & vulgarity. My mum used to say "if you can't say something nice, best not say anything at all" & I think that sums it up.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hi, says OMAR! - 3 posts
Polaris World Hacienda Riquelme Cleaning Service - 3 posts
Makro in Mrica - 5 posts
Electrical goods - 19 posts
Palma flight 99p Jet2 - 9 posts
MARKSFISH 1000 POSTS - 13 posts
Question for More! - 3 posts
certificate of habitation - 2 posts
Wanted - Aldea Golf property in August - 1 posts
Mattress needed - 5 posts
Villa or town house wanted for the 7th Septmeber - 4 posts
Independent or not? - 2 posts
Fadesa. Press announce on creditor´s meeting ( administration). - 0 posts
Electric connection - 1 posts
electrical items - 30 posts
Danish TV in Sapin - 2 posts
Moors and Christians festival in Orihuela city, Costa Blanca. FREE TRANSPORT FROM PLAYA FLAMENCA. - 0 posts
Campomar : First of the Summer Sewage Barranco Rubio beach - 0 posts
Meeting - 2 posts
When 'Veterans' Retire - 4 posts
Problem with water anyone claimed - 0 posts
TOWN HALL TAXES - 40 posts
Key Holding - 26 posts
Alicante region power cuts - 3 posts
Deadline for San Jose/ Herrada del Tollo procedures - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 21

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x