certificate of habitation

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by solostar Star rating in North Wales / Almora.... 101 posts Send private message

We bought an apartment at the beginning of March, and used the Solicitor that was based at the Estate Agents office. We were told that the utilities would be changed into our name by the Solicitor. The electric was cut off due to an unpaid bill by the previous owner (not his fault) but that has been resolved. We have now been told that we have to obtain a "certificate of habitation " from the local Town Hall which could cost several hundred Euros, so that the paper work for Agualest can be completed. Apparently we have to apply in person, even though our Solicitor has Power of Attorney.  Can anybody tell us  if this sounds correct , as we thought that this would be part of the Solicitors job. Any help gratefully received.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2008 10:17 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9388 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Why developers did not provide to you the Habitation License? Its is his liability and that needs to be paid by him. Come on!
Also, if your lawyer was based at the Estate Agents office, and it seems he/she is trying to avoid something that also is part of the conveyancing service... I would rather start thinking of finding someone else to represent your interests in Spain.


Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA


Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
25 Aug 2008 9:11 AM by Alicante Lawyer Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

I agree with Maria. It is an obligation by the Builder to give the Licence of Habitation (as part of the conveyance), but also there is an obligation by the previous owner to do so. Some Acts of the Valencian Community obligates vendor to do so. 

Just instruct independent Lawyers and they will just focus to prevent or solve your problems, without hiding anything. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wanted - Aldea Golf property in August - 1 posts
Mattress needed - 5 posts
Villa or town house wanted for the 7th Septmeber - 4 posts
Independent or not? - 2 posts
Fadesa. Press announce on creditor´s meeting ( administration). - 0 posts
Electric connection - 1 posts
electrical items - 30 posts
Danish TV in Sapin - 2 posts
Moors and Christians festival in Orihuela city, Costa Blanca. FREE TRANSPORT FROM PLAYA FLAMENCA. - 0 posts
Campomar : First of the Summer Sewage Barranco Rubio beach - 0 posts
Meeting - 2 posts
When 'Veterans' Retire - 4 posts
Problem with water anyone claimed - 0 posts
TOWN HALL TAXES - 40 posts
Key Holding - 26 posts
Alicante region power cuts - 3 posts
Deadline for San Jose/ Herrada del Tollo procedures - 14 posts
The developer misappropriation of funds in the Spanish criminal law - 5 posts
Restaurants in main square Los Alcazares - 41 posts
Help Needed - 8 posts
Internet Modem, called a dongel through the Orange Network, for just 6 euros a month + a 2 euro connection charge - 17 posts
alhruin de grande - long term let needed - 0 posts
cave house in Rojales - 1 posts
Driving Through France - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x