Electrical goods

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by chelseadel Star rating in Welling kent & Las .... 155 posts Send private message

chelseadel´s avatar
Hi.
Could any body point me in the right direction to buy white goods and lighting in the fortuna/Murcia area or is best to go to one of the big shopping malls, and what is the normal delivery times.
cheers Derek.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2008 1:18 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Derek

We took Paul & Pauline (PVP) to the large Garcia store on outskirts of Torrevieja as they were after furniture etc for their place in Las Kalendas & Garcia said they went daily & delivery was free. If they need to order an item, they get it in a few days. We've bought from them, they're very good & speak good English. It's a very large store on three floors that sells everything you could want (pretty much) for a new place.

http://www.muebleshnosgarcia.com/  Click on photos to show pages of goods. Click on "Donde Estamos" to show where the store is, they actually have three in that area but the one I'm talking about is Garcia 3.DONDE ESTAMOS

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/16/2008.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2008 1:30 PM by chelseadel Star rating in Welling kent & Las .... 155 posts Send private message

chelseadel´s avatar
Thanks More.
Has Paul move in?

Like 0      
16 Jul 2008 2:01 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Paul & Pauline expect completion will be available around the end of October, Derek, I understand but would prefer later completion I also understand. 

We'll be going over from Guardamar in December to stay with them. Must get invitation in writing, ha ha !!  See you then for that drink.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/16/2008.

Like 0      
19 Jul 2008 4:58 PM by dennismundy Star rating in Las Kalendas - Fortu.... 263 posts Send private message

Hi More
Just found this thread! So we did not put you off on your last visit!!!

I should think there are enough Eye On Spainers at Las Kalendas to warrant a meet! What do you think?

We are down your (UK) way in early September - our son is getting married at Long Ashton and we are renting a cottage at Christon for a couple of weeks.

Like 0      
19 Jul 2008 5:01 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Ha ha, Derek, WE'LL be in Guardamar 1 - 25th but will see you maybe xmas, dependant on Paul & Pauline's completion.

Have a wonderful wedding.

Like 0      
19 Jul 2008 9:46 PM by chelseadel Star rating in Welling kent & Las .... 155 posts Send private message

chelseadel´s avatar
I know we are getting away from the subject.
 but we was thinking of comming over christmas whats it like?

Like 0      
20 Jul 2008 12:19 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar
In Vera/ Mojacar Christmas Day 2007 was 70 degrees & sunny - much better than Welling

The evenings were quite cold & we did need heating on from late afternoon onwards. We were over for 10 days & I would say we had half good & half not so good.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
20 Jul 2008 12:19 PM by dennismundy Star rating in Las Kalendas - Fortu.... 263 posts Send private message

The last two years it's been in the mid teens C. X Mas Day was bright and sunny, could have had a barbie (oops Q).

Like 0      
20 Jul 2008 12:59 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
**** Apologies to Dennis as I called you Derek.  ****
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I didn't reply to Derek as I thought that he was relating to anything actually going on in the Las Kalendas area rather than the weather.

We have spent the last three years in Guardamar over Christmas & New Year & it's been really pleasant generally though you do feel that cold after around 4-5pm. We were drinking Cava with half the world last Christmas Day on La Marina beach. People were having BBQs & it was excellent.

Just booked for December 14th to January 9th.

Like 0      
10 Oct 2008 10:04 AM by maddy.hall Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Having just come back from our apartment and had the last three days ruined by continual rain (well a couple of weeks ago to be accurate) my mind has turned to the benefit of being able to dry the clothes, towels etc that we leave out there.  I am trying to persuade husband that we need a tumble drier.

Stupid question, but do they have washer/dryer combos in Spain?  All I can find on Urende/Boulanger/El Corte Ingles sites are separate tumble driers and there is no room for one of those without turning bathroom 2 into a part bathroom/part utility room affair.  

Anybody know the answer to this?

Maddy

Like 0      
10 Oct 2008 11:31 AM by dennismundy Star rating in Las Kalendas - Fortu.... 263 posts Send private message

Hi
Most of the big hypermarkets and electrical shops sell them. They are called Lavasecadora. Media Markt, Carrefour and Eroski sell them.

Like 0      
10 Oct 2008 11:50 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
A tumble dryer is so useful out here during the winter, although we have survived four winters without one. How? I don't know because everything takes ages to dry indoors especially without central heating. I would love one but can't think where to put one since we changed the lavadero room in our new house to an office.

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
06 Feb 2009 5:20 PM by pumpkin Star rating in Essex & San Cayetano. 110 posts Send private message

pumpkin´s avatar

Hello all,

Can anyone help me please?. Can we bring electrical appliances over from the UK and safely use them in Spain. I thought I'd seen somewhere that we can change the plugs as the voltage is compatible but OH disagrees.  I understand that the difference in costs is really noticeable now with the pound being so weak, therefore buying here and 'shipping' over may well be our best bet. 

Like 0      
06 Feb 2009 5:35 PM by sunnymim Star rating. 34 posts Send private message

Do an EOS search under 'electrical',all your answers are there!.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2009 5:40 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Yes, appliances are realtively costly here with the ex-rate as it is, so if you already have them, bring them with. If you have to buy especially to ship, check how much it's going to cost to transport them in case any saving is lost, though.

You can change the plugs, or use adapters, which is not a bad idea since UK plugs are fused and Spanish ones usually aren't.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
06 Feb 2009 6:13 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Most domestic appliances now have a label on them that shows their operating voltage is between 220- 240v. This takes into account the fact that under EU law, we should all now be as close to 230v as possible (yeah right!!) which was brought in to try and standardise the low European and high UK voltages.

With regard to the tumble drier, we couldn't justify the extra cost with rentals, so we did the next best thing and bought a spin drier! The washine is now almost dry before you put it on the line and dries that much quicker, even in poor weather.

Mark

Like 0      
06 Feb 2009 10:13 PM by Rickiebear Star rating in Bristol UK/Tenerife. 40 posts Send private message

I'm not sure about larger items. But I have recently bought a couple of small items from Maplin in UK. Many items have a two pin plug, just ask. They will even extend the money back guarantee. The have worked out half the price of PC City.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2009 10:27 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Isn't Pc City American? (i.e. 110v)

I am buying a cable router fro PC World next tweek (£24.99 against€65 ) which is listed as 230v. As it is for sale in the UK, it must have a moulded plug, so I shall check it works with a convertor before replacing the plug.

If you are buyinh from Maplin in the UK, you are virtually guaranteed that it will work in mainland Europe. I see a  lot of  "returned" goods being sent to Europe via eBay (after being tested of course!!)

Mark

Like 0      
06 Feb 2009 10:33 PM by Rickiebear Star rating in Bristol UK/Tenerife. 40 posts Send private message

PC City is the Spanish arm of PC World. We went into one in Tenerife and it is identical in layout and signage. We found a English employee in there and he confirmed thay were the same company. You can access the web-site and check their prices. Prices may be dearer in Tenerife bacause it is an island. So things like DVD player and satelite receiver I have taken from Maplin.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Palma flight 99p Jet2 - 9 posts
MARKSFISH 1000 POSTS - 13 posts
Question for More! - 3 posts
certificate of habitation - 2 posts
Wanted - Aldea Golf property in August - 1 posts
Mattress needed - 5 posts
Villa or town house wanted for the 7th Septmeber - 4 posts
Independent or not? - 2 posts
Fadesa. Press announce on creditor´s meeting ( administration). - 0 posts
Electric connection - 1 posts
electrical items - 30 posts
Danish TV in Sapin - 2 posts
Moors and Christians festival in Orihuela city, Costa Blanca. FREE TRANSPORT FROM PLAYA FLAMENCA. - 0 posts
Campomar : First of the Summer Sewage Barranco Rubio beach - 0 posts
Meeting - 2 posts
When 'Veterans' Retire - 4 posts
Problem with water anyone claimed - 0 posts
TOWN HALL TAXES - 40 posts
Key Holding - 26 posts
Alicante region power cuts - 3 posts
Deadline for San Jose/ Herrada del Tollo procedures - 14 posts
The developer misappropriation of funds in the Spanish criminal law - 5 posts
Restaurants in main square Los Alcazares - 41 posts
Help Needed - 8 posts
JUSTIN CAN YOU HELP REGARDING SETTING UP AN AVATAR - 49 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 20

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x