Key Holding

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by normac Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Hello
After 4 years! we have now got to the stage of completion of our property on Playa Golf III!  (They say good things come to those that
wait, well hopefully!)

Unfortunately however, we had quite a shock a couple of months ago,  my husband  was diagnosed with cancer, and 3 weeks ago
had a major operation to remove the cancer from which he is now making a steady recovery and the prognosis is very good.  The outcome
of this however is that we are unable to travel  over to Spain to oversee completion, and make sure everything is okay, have security grills fitted, etc, the usual immediate post completion things.  It will probably be a month or so before he is fit enough for us to do this.

We were wondering whether there is anyone over in Playa Golf at the moment, with a little time on their hands and a lot
of goodwill(!) who may be able to assist us, or advise us on what needs to be done immediately post completion etc.

We have already completed a snagging report, fortunately there is not very much that will need to be sorted from the snagging
post-completion, but it will of course need to be checked that the work has been done etc.

Any help, advice, or really anything at all that anyone may be able to suggest, do etc, would be very much appreciated
best wishes, and thank you in anticipation!!!!
Norma and Miles

Like 0      
14 Jul 2008 2:09 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Norma & Miles

I wish Miles a good recovery, what a bombshell though for you.

Why don't you wait till Miles is stronger & able to go over to complete yourselves ? I'm sure your agent & builder would wait till that's possible seeing as you're not talking many months. It's surely no major deal to them & I'd expect them to be very sympathetic towards you.

If you opt not to complete yourselves you'll have to appoint someone in authority to do it (power of attorney) so waiting would be my way of doing it.

Good luck with the completion & Miles' health.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/14/2008.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2008 5:05 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar
Norma & Miles

I agree with Morerosado you should hang on a while.  It is an awful time but there will be happy times ahead just concentrate on Miles and make sure your Lawyer knows your situation.  I understand exactly how you feel, it will turn out well for you given a little more time.

All the very best to you both.

Chrissie

Chrissie   

Like 0      
14 Jul 2008 5:09 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Chrissie, I've heard from Norma & they're concerned as the builder's San Jose so they want a speedy completion. I asked her to post further in thread. Makes more sense now , yes ?????

Answer your messages, I've sent you two, Chrissie.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/14/2008.

Like 0      
14 Jul 2008 6:24 PM by munroist3308 Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Hi Norma & Miles I am on Playa Golf 111 R3 .  I presume you are on Playa Golf 111 R2 Which is the urb opposite us.  There are a few people moving in near you but there does not seem to any rush. The pool is complete and the builders have cleaned everywhere up. I am going over at the end of the month and could certainly check your property out if you want. Personally though I think it would be a waste of time. If I were you I would hang on until you are both fit to travel. Once you are over here it is a simple task to arrange for the alarm grills air con and anything else you require as most of the tradesmen are desperate for work at the momment.

Hope everything works out for you. Just take your time don't worry about your  property it will be fine.

All the best and good luck to you both

Phil 

Like 0      
15 Jul 2008 9:48 AM by normac Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Hi Phil
many thanks for responding so quickly, it is very much appreciated.  Thank you also for your offer which is also very good of you.  I think it was really just a panic reaction when we knew that completion was due very soon, and you are absolutely right, the property has sat locked and empty for about 2 years, so I imagine another couple of months will not be a problem.  If however, you when you are over there, you could perhaps be kind enough to maybe just pop around to the property and take a look at the outside, and let me know if there is anything untoward, that would be very much appreciated, thank you.  According to the Habitation Licence, the address is SECTOR LOMAS DE CABO ROIG,  PARCELLA R3,  RECIDENCIAL PLAYA GOLF III - NO 11.
Best wishes
and many thanks
Norma

Like 0      
15 Jul 2008 10:00 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter
Hi Norma - I agree with all the others - there is no need to worry about grilles and security until you put your furniture in.  As for the legal completion, you can give your lawyer power of attorney to complete on your behalf, if you feel you want this done because of the San Jose situation.  This is done at the notary's office so there is no need to access the property.  I didn't visit my house until a month or so after completion and there was no problem with that. 

I can pop around later today and let you know how it looks from the outside for you.  I live in PGII so it is not far.  You will find that there are lots of friendly folk around when you do move in and people are always willing to offer advice.  

Hope your husband is recovering well and you both get out soon to enjoy your house. 

Like 0      
15 Jul 2008 10:50 AM by normac Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Hi Claire,
many thanks for your prompt response, it is very much appreciated!  I think you are right that it will be okay to leave it a month or so unfurnished, I think it was
just a panic reaction when I knew completion was so near.  If you are able to pop around soon next time you are passing, that would be very kind.  San Jose should have built a ground floor balustrade, and I don't believe they have yet, although of course I have no way of checking this in the UK.  

Are you able to take a look and let me know if this has been done?  Also if you could have a look at the side of the house to see if there is any air conditioning units on the outside that would be useful as they promised to instal those as well and I suspect they have not?

According to the Habitation Licence, the address is SECTOR LOMAS DE CABO ROIG,  PARCELLA R3,  RECIDENCIAL PLAYA GOLF III - NO 11, although last time we went there was no street sign to say the name of the road, so if that is now in place perhaps you could let me know what the road is called,  it would be useful to know what road we are going to be living at!

I cannot thank you enough for this Claire, it would be really helpful, and when we are over I will let you know and buy you a drink in the local bar on the estate!
best wishes
Norma

Like 0      
15 Jul 2008 11:55 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Like 0      
15 Jul 2008 12:36 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar
I could not agree MORE.

How nice is this.  Keep it up all you EOS forumers.  This site is of tremendous benefit and I personally dont know what I would have done without it. 

Thanks 

Chrissie

Chrissie   

Like 0      
15 Jul 2008 1:15 PM by normac Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Hi Chrissie,

many thanks for your prompt response.  yes you are right, EOSF has been of tremendous help and a source of information to me also!

Look forward to hearing from you if you are able to pop round to my property to take a quick look!

best wishes

Norma

Like 0      
15 Jul 2008 1:22 PM by freddy Star rating. 71 posts Send private message

Normac, 

We are on Playa Golf III although not back there until the 29th. 
When I'm there I pass it every morning so will keep an eye on it too... Incidently I know some of your neighbours and what fine people they are too !!
When I'm there if you want any photos emailing across, just ask..

Good luck.

This message was last edited by freddy on 7/15/2008.

Like 0      
15 Jul 2008 2:50 PM by normac Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Hi Freddy,
ah, that is so lovely for you to say that! many thanks! I have been emailing other people on EOSF and they have advised that as the house will have no furniture then it will be ok leaving the security grills until we manage to get out there in a couple of months time, and we can complete with Power of Attorney so I think that is the option we will take,
everyone has been so kind, and it is lovely to hear that we will have some good neighbours!
best wishes
Norma

Like 0      
15 Jul 2008 3:33 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar
Norma

We will be over in September if you need anything at that time please let us know.  In the meantime take care of our Miles and dont forget to be kind to yourself too.

Take care

Chrissie

Chrissie   

Like 0      
15 Jul 2008 4:19 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Chrissie & her OH & me & mine are going to meet Sept (though as usual our OHs don't know it yet. )

Perhaps if others are over when we are we can all have a drink together ?

Norma & Freddie, please fill in your forum profile to tell us where you are when in Spain. It then shows on each post automatically. Thanks.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/15/2008.

Like 0      
15 Jul 2008 4:44 PM by normac Star rating. 15 posts Send private message

Hi Freddie

Many thanks for this.  I would fill in my profile if I knew how to do it!  I am not the best at IT! any tips would be helpful!

best wishes

Norma

Like 0      
15 Jul 2008 4:53 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Right Norma, see "Forums" above on far left ? Hover with your curser on that & you'll see there's a menu with "forum profile" on, click that. Scroll down to "location" & just type in your UK location / your Spanish location remembering to add Costa Blanca. Don't forget to click on "save changes" right at the bottom though.

Click on centre play button on video & have sound on.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/15/2008.

Like 0      
15 Jul 2008 6:02 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi Norma - went to look at your house as promised and all is well - your house is looking lovely.  

As you probably expected, no ballustrades or air con so you can go shout at San Jose about that.  You have neighbours on both sides, which is quite unusual here still, and I spoke to one of them (had to explain why I was looking in  your kitchen window ... and by the way your tiles are nicer than mine!)  I think he is German and is very nice - has a lovely dog too.  He said there hasn't been any work done for a while so if there was anything you had asked for inside then shout about that too!

I took a few photos and have sent them as a PM to you - they aren't very good as the sun was shining so brightly but I won't complain after yesterday's downpour.

Your street name is Calle Cabo Finisterre.

Hope that puts your mind at ease - happy to help!  I got so much from this forum when I was panicking about my purchase so it's nice to be on the other side now!

Like 0      
15 Jul 2008 7:57 PM by freddy Star rating. 71 posts Send private message

Claire. It's normal practice on that side of the quad not to have ballustrades fitted unless specifically ordered..Generally San Jose will only put them on if the height of the patio is over 1 metre above the white gravel.

The neighbours the other side of normac are due out there tomorrow so they could relay any further information to them too..

Like 0      
15 Jul 2008 8:34 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 689 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter
Hi Freddie - I know about the height rule - I did think it really odd until I asked someone why some houses had ballustrades and not others.  I took it that Norma had ordered them specifically but perhaps I misinterpreted her. 

It's nice to see the houses filling up - and the commercial centre too.  Feels much more like a community now than when I bought a year and a half ago.

All the best.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Alicante region power cuts - 3 posts
Deadline for San Jose/ Herrada del Tollo procedures - 14 posts
The developer misappropriation of funds in the Spanish criminal law - 5 posts
Restaurants in main square Los Alcazares - 41 posts
Help Needed - 8 posts
JUSTIN CAN YOU HELP REGARDING SETTING UP AN AVATAR - 49 posts
Internet Modem, called a dongel through the Orange Network, for just 6 euros a month + a 2 euro connection charge - 17 posts
alhruin de grande - long term let needed - 0 posts
cave house in Rojales - 1 posts
Driving Through France - 5 posts
co/co nut - 2 posts
Electric assist bicycles - 20 posts
Winter weather - 0 posts
HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE NOTICE RE: OVPI - 1 posts
Antequera Blues Festival July 08 11th to 26th (and its FREE!) - 0 posts
Guardamar/Almerimar/Villamartin/Duquesa - 0 posts
MOSQUITO BLINDS AND INSECT SCREENS - 2 posts
SETTING UP MY AVATAR ON E.O.S.WEBSITE - 1 posts
WANTED - PORTABLE AIR CON UNIT - 0 posts
hello from new member - at the 'should i?, shouldn't i? stage' - 8 posts
Car hire at Malaga Airport- full tank/full tank! - 20 posts
Spanish Lessons for my 2 children - 1 posts
Excange my NEW 2 Bed Apartment at LOS LOCOS BEACH for a 3 Bed House - 0 posts
Long Term Rent Wanted - 3 Bed House with Separate Apartment - 0 posts
Portable Air Con Unit Wanted - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x