Independent or not?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by Linda2610 Star rating in Essex. 3 posts Send private message

My situation is that i paid a deposit (around £20k) for an off-plan property in 2005, and my lawyers are those recommended by the agent.  Completion dates were put back several times.  As per the terms of the contract I opted to withdraw (original completion date NOv 2006; opted to withdraw Aug 2007). According to the lawyers the developer agreed to release me from the contract; the lawyers drew up a document for them to sign, and apparently heard nothing more.  After weeks/months of chasing my lawyers i was advised that my file should be sent to litigation, which in essence i agreed to (during discussion by phone) and it was sent, but then i was advised of litigation fees etc which in my ignorance i did not foresee and was not advised of in the first instance. In fact i have received very little clarification of anything in writing from them, certainly not copies of correspondence between them and the developer.  I have outlined my 'concerns'  as to the service I have received, and raised some pertinent questions to my lawers in an email, which they appear to be avoiding replying to.  Unfortunately the office i used to speak with can no longer deal with my case because my file is with litigation.  I have no relationship with the litigation department and am finding them very difficult.

In the intermin period I recd information from another source that the developer has completed the property.  I have been informed by my lawyers that I need to act asap re instructing litigation, however they still fail to address my 'concerns'.  How can one be sure the lawyer is acting independently?

Like 0      
15 Jul 2008 3:55 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Dear Linda:

I am afraid I just can say that if you are not comfortable with current lawyers, you should look for different ones. The Uk Embassy have a list of recommended lawyers.

Best regards,

Maria L. de Castro

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
25 Aug 2008 10:31 AM by Alicante Lawyer Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

It is strange that litigation department do not communicate with you. Looks like your office do not have a litigation department and is subcontracting the service to a specialiced Law office. 

Ask them to infom you who is the Lawyer managing with your file and a copy of the claim done on Courts where it is showed name of the lawyer. 

If you are not comfortable with the service just change. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Fadesa. Press announce on creditor´s meeting ( administration). - 0 posts
Electric connection - 1 posts
electrical items - 30 posts
Danish TV in Sapin - 2 posts
Moors and Christians festival in Orihuela city, Costa Blanca. FREE TRANSPORT FROM PLAYA FLAMENCA. - 0 posts
Campomar : First of the Summer Sewage Barranco Rubio beach - 0 posts
Meeting - 2 posts
When 'Veterans' Retire - 4 posts
Problem with water anyone claimed - 0 posts
TOWN HALL TAXES - 40 posts
Key Holding - 26 posts
Alicante region power cuts - 3 posts
Deadline for San Jose/ Herrada del Tollo procedures - 14 posts
The developer misappropriation of funds in the Spanish criminal law - 5 posts
Restaurants in main square Los Alcazares - 41 posts
Help Needed - 8 posts
JUSTIN CAN YOU HELP REGARDING SETTING UP AN AVATAR - 49 posts
Internet Modem, called a dongel through the Orange Network, for just 6 euros a month + a 2 euro connection charge - 17 posts
alhruin de grande - long term let needed - 0 posts
cave house in Rojales - 1 posts
Driving Through France - 5 posts
co/co nut - 2 posts
Electric assist bicycles - 20 posts
Winter weather - 0 posts
HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE NOTICE RE: OVPI - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x