Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by gordino Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi there.

Can somebody give us some help please.

We purchased a village house and our agent informed us that to change the name on the electric account we would need a new boletin. The Endesa agent then came and did a lot of wiring work in the street outside our house without consulting us first. We paid 150 euros for the boletin and a bill from Endesa for change of name etc. We have now been presented with a bill for 600 euros for the wiring outside our house.

We now have been told that a boletin was not necessary to change name and that any work required should have been cleared with us before commencing.

My main question  is, if a house required a boletin for the electrical supply, should we as buyers have had a right to expect this to be in place when we bought the house.

Thank you

Like 0      
15 Jul 2008 6:03 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
As far as I know, a boletin is needed (at least officially) to change the name on the contract - although whether or not this is enforced seems to vary from one area to another. 150 euros is about right for the boletin. I'm not sure about having a right to expect it when you bought, but you certainly would have had a right to request it, and use it as a negotiating point, if none existed. 
The work carried out outside your house, I can only assume must have been to replace the cabling from the meter to your fuse box. Anything else is surely not your responsibility? Copper cable is expensive - but even so, 600 euros? How far away is your meter?!
I would accept the charge for the boletin, since you didn't request it from the seller (next time!) but I would certainly query the rewiring cost and ask for some justification of what this amount is for. And since you never authorised any work, as you say, why are they now billing you anyway?

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

electrical items - 30 posts
Danish TV in Sapin - 2 posts
Moors and Christians festival in Orihuela city, Costa Blanca. FREE TRANSPORT FROM PLAYA FLAMENCA. - 0 posts
Campomar : First of the Summer Sewage Barranco Rubio beach - 0 posts
Meeting - 2 posts
When 'Veterans' Retire - 4 posts
Problem with water anyone claimed - 0 posts
TOWN HALL TAXES - 40 posts
Key Holding - 26 posts
Alicante region power cuts - 3 posts
Deadline for San Jose/ Herrada del Tollo procedures - 14 posts
The developer misappropriation of funds in the Spanish criminal law - 5 posts
Restaurants in main square Los Alcazares - 41 posts
Help Needed - 8 posts
JUSTIN CAN YOU HELP REGARDING SETTING UP AN AVATAR - 49 posts
Internet Modem, called a dongel through the Orange Network, for just 6 euros a month + a 2 euro connection charge - 17 posts
alhruin de grande - long term let needed - 0 posts
cave house in Rojales - 1 posts
Driving Through France - 5 posts
co/co nut - 2 posts
Electric assist bicycles - 20 posts
Winter weather - 0 posts
HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE NOTICE RE: OVPI - 1 posts
Antequera Blues Festival July 08 11th to 26th (and its FREE!) - 0 posts
Guardamar/Almerimar/Villamartin/Duquesa - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x