Furnishing bedroom for rental - which beds?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jun 2008 12:00 AM by lyndsey Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

Hi, I'm currently furnishing a 2 bedroom apartment which will be used by myself and friends - and also rented out to holiday lets. The second bedroom is 4 meters by 2.6 meters approx. So it will fit a double bed and a single bed comfortably. Does anyone have any experience / advice in renting out, whether a double bed and a single (possibly with a pull out small single underneath - but you would have to move bedside tables to get it out) would be attractive for rental (plus a king in the main bedroom). Or, have two singles with a pull out small single? The apartment is on a golf complex, and about a 10 minute walk up a hill to the beach. So I'm thinking it might be used by couples golfing - but I don't want to rule it out for families by going for 2 doubles and just 1 (sort of 2) singles. Any advice much appreciated, Thanks, Lyndsey

Like 0      
06 Jun 2008 10:14 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I don't rent my house out but when I first furnished I bought 2 80cm single beds for the spare room.  After a couple of years I bought just the bases for a single with another underneath.

I chose a make that could take both my excisting mattresses, some have a smaller bed underneath so only ideal for a small person or child.  The legs on the storage bed are slightly smaller than the other so the beds do look strange when together.  

Only thing is they are quite cumbersome to move around and I often stub my toe when I'm trying to make the bed.  Wouldn't be too good for cleaning the apartment.

If you have the room what about a z bed or bed setee in the lounge.

Like 0      
08 Jun 2008 9:06 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Not doing it for rental but we are also looking for beds for when our daughters and family come to visit.  We have decided to use our 3rd bedroom (downstairs) as a dining room instead as it would be a waste keeping a bedroom just for when visitors come.  We have a king size in the master bedroom (for us) and will put a double blow up bed (not just a blow up mattress but a very good fabric covered one which you can get nowadays and are quite comfy) in the "dining" room when we get visitors.
Upstairs is the problem.  We have looked around in Spain and found those beds (called Captains beds in UK) which slide out.  As Semijubilada mentions, they look quite odd when pulled out because of the different heights.  They do have the advantage of having room at the bottom for storage drawers which is always a plus in Spanish houses.  A really good one in UK has the bed that goes under the main single bed with legs that pull out so they are the same size when put next to each other.  There is also a divan bed with one that pulls out which makes it more suitable for adults. 
The down side in Spain is that these captains beds are quite expensive compared to UK.  A single, pine frame with headboard, pull out centre bed with pine drawers underneath can be had for about 200 pounds in UK (not including mattresses).  In Spain ,the cheapest we've found, with a metal frame, is just over 500 euros (mattresses not included).
The other option is to get a bed settee but I have found these to be quite uncomfortable as they don't use real mattresses.  OK for a night or two but would be a nuisance if someone is there for two weeks.
I think you would be better off having two single beds in one room and a double in the other.  Maybe a fold away put you up bed if someone has a younger kiddie staying.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Driving from Santander to Guardamar - 12 posts
Arrohabitage Don JUAN cARVAJAL - 1 posts
Health Insurance - 1 posts
Spanish Universities - 26 posts
i need a mortgage for apartment an looking for the best deal help - 7 posts
Casoir - 3 posts
Healthcare - 16 posts
Are you coming this summer? - 53 posts
Long term rental required on La Torre - 0 posts
Communal pool regulations in Valencia - 3 posts
New Ruling for Registering on the Padron - 11 posts
Help! Apartment needed before completion. - 30 posts
Computer Guru required... - 25 posts
Valencian Health Cards to go !!!! - 8 posts
Hi, I'm new!! - 6 posts
Great photo opportunity tomorrow morning at Alicante airport - 8 posts
Commercial mortgage help required. - 2 posts
bistro red - 8 posts
4 X 4 hire - Murcia - 0 posts
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE BEACH CLUB AT VALLE DEL ESTE IS OPEN AGAIN - 4 posts
Wanted Second Hand Diesel Car - 6 posts
automatic car wanted - 0 posts
MERCEDES SL500 - 0 posts
Deposits paid. OVP Ocean View Properties / Sungolf Desarrollo inmobilliario.sa - 18 posts
Banco De Valencia - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x