Anyone in R4 out there end of August?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 May 2008 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

We went to the feria in Estepona last night.  It's a small but "just enough" size feria.

Anyway, the kids had a great time but I was more interested in hunting down the octopus!

Read about it on my blog.

I absolutely love "pulpo asado".  Some English friends of mine wouldn't dream of even touching it. 

Have you tried it and what do you think of it?  Just curious as to what the general opinion is....

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
18 May 2008 1:06 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Ugh, Justin, I'm squirming. I just don't like the idea of eating octopus.  

I have tried fresh squid in batter in Crete &, as long as it doesn't have the suckers on it, (I eat the rings) I enjoy the occasonal bit. If it's frozen which some places do use, it is rubbery, otherwise it's like eating apple rings in batter, I think.

I'll stick to the doughnuts you had afterwards, thanks.

Anyway what are you doing posting about octopus ? Get the PMs & the spammers sorted out !!

Like 0      
18 May 2008 1:35 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

How could you even think about eating octopus, especially after reading about this one?

Mark

Like 0      
18 May 2008 1:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I once went fishing with my dad when I was really young, around 9 yrs old likely. We lived in Cyprus. I was bored so he put a hook on a length of fishing line for me, put some soaked bread on the hook & left me to play on the rocks. I was nearly pulled into the water as an octopus took the bread & dad took forever trying to get the thing from wrapping itself around the line.

Like 0      
18 May 2008 6:08 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
We used to go snorkling as kids for octopus...it was great fun although I couldn't do it today!

It does taste very good, you have to try it....

You are making me feel bad Mark but you need to try harder than that

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
18 May 2008 6:27 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Mark reminds me of the young shark in Shark Tale, who didn't want to "eat da shrimp"!

I'm not into the suckers, either. We had dinner with our neighbours a couple of days ago. He (the cook) is from Valencia, so naturally he dished up paella. I must admit it was delicious, and I cleaned my plate, out of poilteness, but the suckers were a little difficult to swallow.

However, the fried calamaritos (baby calamari / squid) served up in Chiringuitos (beach bars) all along the coast are absolutely wonderful, washed down with an ice cool beer, while soaking up the sunshine and tranquility of a spring Sunday afternoon. Now that's what it's all about, eh? Forget your LFO's, corruption and rip-off merchants for a while, just kick back and remind yourself what we all love about Spain!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
18 May 2008 6:30 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Aren't you supposed to turn them inside out to kill them ? They eject loads of black ink, ugh.

Hope you ate yours cooked, Justin.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 5/18/2008.

Like 0      
18 May 2008 6:56 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Yuk Yuk Yuk! Arghhhh!

You've just completely destroyed that beautiful, chill-out scenario I set up. That was like watching a car crash in slow motion. (Mind you, I couldn't help but watch it to the end!)

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
18 May 2008 7:02 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Like 0      
18 May 2008 7:33 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Me gusta pulpo sin tinta, pero me prefiero calamar!

Yo practicar español.

Irene

Like 0      
21 May 2008 12:58 PM by DiandraJackson Star rating in Orihuela-Costa. 7 posts Send private message

Pulpo asado...muy rico

Like 0      
21 May 2008 2:01 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

The 2 experiences i have had with Octopus are,Octopus Hotpot in Turkey and standing on one in Egypt whilst diving,i think overall the second one was more enjoyable.........

Like 0      
21 May 2008 2:07 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
 @ Georgia. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Long term rental required Alicante - 1 posts
Bad Experiences??? - 0 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL WANTED - CIUDAD QUESADA / BENIJOFAR AREA - 13 posts
Car seats - 1 posts
Hi everyone from lacasarosa - 0 posts
Grupo-Masa and the ILEGAL electricity scam - 41 posts
Moondancer are you there ? - 2 posts
New user sign ups procedure review - 18 posts
Salespersons have rights - 14 posts
Just in case anyone has missed this - 0 posts
Require: Long Term Rental 30 minute drive max from Torrevieja 6 months poss 12. - 6 posts
Robert and Julie Haworth - 15 posts
Moving to Las Kalendas - 2 posts
Moving to Las Kalendas - 0 posts
anyone buying on R19? - 18 posts
Water Bills - How much should you really pay?? - 7 posts
Restaurants in Aguilas town - 9 posts
New guy would like some help. - 11 posts
Holidays - 4 posts
Sofa and Sofa Bed - 0 posts
CARS - BUY IN UK OR SPAIN?? - 20 posts
Jumilla - 2 posts
villa@La campaneta county of Orihuela - 2 posts
R2 - Plots 123-197 - 23 posts
Bahia del Golf - Almerimar - looking at buying - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x