AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE...

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

The Blue Palm restaurant in Marbelas paseo. The home made to die for cheescake is disgusting and in order to prevent people from being ill, I am steadily munching my way through it on your behalf!

Do NOT go there - or have their roast beef, horrible!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
08 Apr 2008 5:04 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Thankyou for your timely warning. We will be in Spain next month and I would just hate to inadvertantly go in to such a place and inadvertantly order such a disgusting 'home made' and 'to die for' concoction, and then inadvertantly return and inadvertantly order a 'horrible' roast beef dinner. I'll bet they also do disgustingly large glasses of crisp white wine which are so disgustingly perfectly chilled that the glass is frosted by the wines' disgusting coolness. Disgusting!!

The Blue Palm restaurant you say?

Like 0      
08 Apr 2008 5:31 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
We will most DEFINITELY not visit it on the PASEO in MARBELLA the next time we are there!  Just can't stand badly ROASTED BEEF!!

Like 0      
08 Apr 2008 5:34 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar

Rixxy, you are a gastronomic compass! Can you please provide the exact location of this shoddy place - just to make sure we NEVER go and sample their bill of fayre!

Like 0      
09 Apr 2008 4:12 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Ok Guys, just for you and in my duty to warn you off. They do have a very bad awful warm white wine and I dont recommend drinking it sitting in their outside seating overlooking the sea and harbour.

Also for sporty persons, I dont recommend staring at their huge screens with the rugby/footie or whatever on either!

Oh, the horsradish is weak and awful, their home made pure burgers are also terrible and the portions are tiny

And I hate the way they will make whatever combination you want as well!

So, whatever you do DONT join us there 200m east from the Plaza del Mar shopping centre, which is situated the furthest west end side of the paseo!

Ever!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
09 Apr 2008 5:08 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

"They do have a very bad awful warm white wine "

I just knew they would have, together with a disgusting view, which means you have to order another of those disgusting glasses of wine so that you can linger a while and dreamily soak  up the awfulness of the seascape.

You have truly done us all a great service in warning us of the perils of this gem disgusting place,  Thankyou.

Like 0      
09 Apr 2008 6:10 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar
All of it sounds very unpleasant

Like 0      
09 Apr 2008 7:39 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
absolutely, unavoidably juicy.  Will most DEFINITELY not VISIT there when we are next therer!!!

Like 0      
10 Apr 2008 11:49 AM by sping Star rating in Stockport & Playa Go.... 148 posts Send private message

sping´s avatar

Thank you all for your review of The Blue Palm restaurant.

On the strength of your comments and recommendations I have written an article for our local news paper informing people of your views regarding the very poor quality of this restaurant. Hope you all get to read the article and let’s all stamp down on bad food outlets on the Costas.  

Like 0      
10 Apr 2008 11:56 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Thats great Sping. I will try to get one of the local tv cerws to expose it for the disgusting place it is. Ruth and her team there ought to be hung drawn and quartered!

I shall be back there at the weekend to ensure I remove more of their terrible food in the hope that others may not suffer the ever expanding hips and waistline that I am!

Awful place!!

Perhaps we ought to go there as a mob and just do them out of their offering thereby saving countless others who may be taken in by their witchcraft!!

The EOSWATBP group!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
11 Apr 2008 12:33 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

"we ought to go there as a mob"

and 

"let’s all stamp down on bad food outlets"

I fully agree that something must be done to highlight the terrible food that is offered at this and other outlets of its' type. Perhaps we should organise a sort of sit in.

We could call it an eat-in.

It is grossly unfair that rixxy bears the brunt ,and pounds and inches,alone.

We should organise a date when we could comfortably sit and work our way through the various disgustingly succulent burger and beef dishes. Then follow through with a thorough overhaul of the horribly creamy dessert menu. Every offendingly devilish dish and stupifying wine must be appraised, we must not stop until we are well and truly  stuffed in  possesion of the full extent of this particular outlets disgusting awfulness.

Ladies, this MUST be done.

Like 0      
11 Apr 2008 1:11 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I love lurking on this thread. I am in stitches. You lot are bonkers!

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
11 Apr 2008 2:33 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Yes - but Im also STARVING and dribbling now thinking about it. Cant wait for my sinday fix.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sandra - when you are next over we will go there with our boards and close this establishment down! I had to warn another couple who are in Marbella this week not to get trapped there!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
14 Apr 2008 5:47 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

You're doing a sterling job Rixxy and 'lucky for them', the Marbella couple you managed to save.

The consequences of them going there do not bear thinking about. Heavens, imagine if they had been trapped behind one of those home made burgers you warned us of, or worse still that disgusting home-made, melt in your mouth, to die for,  cheesecake. They must be eternally grateful to you for the warning.

Did you manage a stint (mini sit in) this Sunday? I noticed you said you were dribbling and salivating at the mere thoughts of going there. I must admit, I was too.

On another thread, another seemingly innocuous eaterie has been brought to our attention in the Elveria area. EOS member Cioffi1 is already on the case and will be submitting a full report after her visit later this month.

Member Pitby had intimated that she could do a full inspection in the summer but fortunately our campaign is now gathering pace, and eager volunteers, are readily available  to check  these places out.

Bonkers Susan?

I suppose there will always be sceptics about the value of a campaign. Just think yourself lucky that you do not HAVE to eat at some of these places. But if you do...............................

Like 0      
14 Apr 2008 6:52 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Justin and I need to get a babysitter and test this place ourselves as we wouldn't want to subject our children to it.

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
14 Apr 2008 7:47 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Sandra, you should have a column ....... the restaurant critique section springs to mind!  Maybe a syndicate, with Rixxy, Cioffi1 and yourself??!!

Girls, IMAGINE ALL THOSE FREE MEALS??????  You would just have to mention the local rag and your contribution ........ now remember, I'll give you my dates when I'm there and you will obviously have to take along a neutral contributor!?!

I can provide references!!!  Have eaten in many a renowned restaurant, from London to Thailand!  Only need a shovel, and I'm off!!

Like 0      
14 Apr 2008 9:07 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Rixxy, is the food bad enough to give someone an upset stomach?  I'm on my (eternal) diet again so I think I should go there and pile the food down in the hope that I get some serious food poisoning and lose loads of weight.

Susan, don't worry about the babysitter.  I'll just go on my own, I wouldn't want you suffering too....

Justin

(Why am I communicating with my "boss" via the forum?  I have to get out more.....Rixxy, where was that restaurant again????)

Like 0      
14 Apr 2008 9:35 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar
For God's sake Justin - don't be so reckless! Think of your family, think of the future of EOS - leave it to us.........we'll do the dirty work. Why on earth would you put yourself through such misery when Rixxy has already warned you off?

Like 0      
15 Apr 2008 3:52 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

NO NO NO NO Justin - You CANT go there, not after Sundays 5 hour sit in with rare roast beef to die for - and by golly I nearly did - the prortion size nearly flattened me, but luckily I was able to save all of you from the cheesecake - apricot one this time with fresh cream oh yak. But then the dratted owners came out with a chocolate cream cake and well ..oh....hmmmmmmmmmm!

Washed it down witha  cider then a glass of rose, was doing my utmost to clear the plates. I kept warning people away but would they listen! No

Awful

Dont try their fresh fruit smoothies either!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
12 May 2008 10:38 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Well, we just HAD to go there and see if this awful place had been closed down! Well, it hadnt, although I was so pleased to see many others also being brave and trying hard to rid Marbella of this awful place!

In fact, they were trying so hard we nearly didnt have a table!!!

Got rid of more roast beef and had to follow it with a truly awful, disgusting home made melt in the mought strawberry cheescake.

I did feel better for halping to get rid of more or their terrible food.

I suggest NO ONE of a genteel disposition go to that place!

We will be back next week!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

la condessa de mijas - 8 posts
Drinkable water and Air Con - 4 posts
Connection charges - 6 posts
What a lovely development! - 0 posts
New commer to this site and trying to get rid of some houses in Calasparra Murcia. - 0 posts
Problems with completion - 18 posts
Cap Salou - 1 posts
Make huge savings buying property in Spain - 34 posts
Jet2 - 25 posts
Urgent Help needed, 7th May, 4 weeks - 2 posts
Casa Alto Development Nr Torreveija - 0 posts
The Television Man - 2 posts
Arenal Duquesa - 0 posts
receiving benefits in spain - 2 posts
Ficticious completions and utilities supply - 13 posts
el aljarafe residential - 1 posts
moving to asparragal murcia - 1 posts
working permits... - 4 posts
Perils of buying in Spain - 7 posts
Bank Guarantee - 1 posts
Bella Rotja Fadesa development - 0 posts
Hi - 0 posts
Christmas flights - 18 posts
Mobile costs - 7 posts
electiricity problems - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 35

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x