Christmas flights

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I have been looking for the past 6 weeks on both the Ryanair and Jet2 websites for Christmas flights to Murcia or Almeria. Jet2 are slightly more helpful saying that their flights are only available until 2nd November, but to check back for updates, whereas Ryanair just return a flight not found page. Scheduled airlines usually make flights available about 10 months in advance, does anyone know what sort of schedule the budget airlines work to? I can keep checking back, but it becomes a chore to keep checking once a week and even signing up for airline emails doesn't tell you when the new season begins .

Mark

Like 0      
05 Apr 2008 10:58 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Do Monarch fly to your destinations because they have them scheduled until March next year?

Susan

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
05 Apr 2008 11:26 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Hi Susan

Monarch fly to the destination but not my local airport. Leeds, Manchester or East Midlands (at a push). It's really annoying sometimes, the lack of information that is given by the airlines unless you ring the revenue generating phone numbers .

Mark

Like 0      
05 Apr 2008 4:16 PM by kenshaz Star rating in Cheshire/Vera Play.... 486 posts Send private message

kenshaz´s avatar
Mark -------have you tried the site  www.saynoto0870.com    it is a brilliant site and it gives alternatives to non -geographic numbers.
               Ken

This message was last edited by kenshaz on 4/5/2008.

Like 0      
05 Apr 2008 6:15 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Mark

We booked Easyjet flights at the end of June last year for Christmas. They were booked on the day they were released.

I think Ryanair are usually a little before Easyjet but I don't think I have ever seen either release their flights much before 6 months in advance. Although Ryanair flights to Ireland at Christmas have certainly been available for the past few weeks.

You need to bear in mind that Ryanair do not fly to Almeria all year round so I am not even sure that they do so for Christmas time.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
05 Apr 2008 6:22 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Sorry!

Wrong information about the flights to Ireland - Just remebered they were booked with Aer Lingus!!!

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
23 Apr 2008 2:06 PM by Laineechad Star rating in Manchester and Las F.... 43 posts Send private message

Laineechad´s avatar

If anyone is interested, I have just booked my Christmas 2008 flights to Alicante, I have been looking every couple of days to see if any operators had them up and Monach listed there's at some ridiculous price, £381 one way, the cheapest was coming up at about £284 return, I decided to hang on until June when they usually all come out, but I just clicked onto the Thompson web site and they are on there at a very reasonable price, I have managed to get returns at £155 which is over £50 cheaper than they were last year, maybe you know others that are cheaper, but I think this price is ok, hope it might be of help to someone.

Like 0      
23 Apr 2008 8:46 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Apparently Jet2 are releasing their winter season at the end of this month. Hopefully they will still be flying into Murcia at Christmas.

Mark

Like 0      
23 Apr 2008 10:47 PM by tricia52 Star rating in Dublin. 277 posts Send private message

Anyone know when Ryanair put up their christmas flights, flying from Dublin? I can only get up to the 25th October, flying into Murcia or Almeria. Have been checking every couple of days but no joy so far. This will be our first christmas with our own place so are really anxious to get flights.

Like 0      
23 Apr 2008 10:52 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Tricia

Last Year Easyjet put their Christmas flights on at the very end of June. I think Ryanair go slightly earlier but not a lot so I think it might not be for another 4 - 6 weeks (Might be wrong though!).

Also bear in mind that Ryanair didn't fly in to Almeria over this winter but I am not sure when they actually stop them.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
23 Apr 2008 11:07 PM by tricia52 Star rating in Dublin. 277 posts Send private message

Thanks Noreen will just keep looking so, and hope for the best. Tricia

Like 0      
09 May 2008 11:50 AM by SpanishLinda Star rating in Nueva Andalucia. 44 posts Send private message

SpanishLinda´s avatar
If you join their mailing list Easyjet will automatically mail you when a new batch of flights are on sale as well as any special offers, etc.   it's not easy to find and you need to click on the eoffers in the top right hand corner of their home page on the website.

Like 0      
09 May 2008 11:53 AM by SpanishLinda Star rating in Nueva Andalucia. 44 posts Send private message

SpanishLinda´s avatar
If you join the mailing lists for the various operators you are interested in they automatically email you when the latest batch of seats are on sale and let you know about any other special offers.

Like 0      
09 May 2008 2:09 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Jet2 will tell you about the special offers, but not when flights are released (except their new New York service from Leeds!).

Mark

Like 0      
09 May 2008 2:50 PM by eilben Star rating in Chesterfield/Santiag.... 101 posts Send private message

I too continue to check Jet2 site, still no xmas flights. Thomson flights are out & the price is quite good. Problem is that I don't like flying into/out of Alicante at night, don't feel very safe. Eileen

Like 0      
09 May 2008 5:23 PM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

BA want £191 per person Gatwick - Malaga return. Think I'll wait for Easyjet

Like 0      
13 May 2008 11:43 PM by shirley graham Star rating in San Cayetano. 96 posts Send private message

We have just booked our christmas flights Globespan went on sale today Edinburgh to Alicante as we cannot get direct into Murcia in winter, return for  19 days £150 per person  which we thought was not bad, Ryan air and easy jet not released yet for Scottish routes,

Shirley

Like 0      
14 May 2008 1:50 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Ooops, wasted a post, sorry, I thought I had good news.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 5/14/2008.

Like 0      
26 May 2008 9:55 PM by crazykeith Star rating in roquetas de mar. 5 posts Send private message

mark , monarch are stopping flying 2 almeria from b/ham and luton from 1st november i sent email to them few weeks ago when i found out and they not even bothered to reply it will affect a lot of people as only easyjet will fly out so they can dictate what price they want

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Mobile costs - 7 posts
electiricity problems - 4 posts
Colinas de Lago-Los Balcones - 2 posts
just wanted to say 'hi' - 2 posts
Montemayor property for sale - 2 posts
Can anyone suggest any English owned companies in the Murcia region? - 6 posts
Flight from Newcastle to Malaga for sale - 0 posts
Estepona del Coral portal - 0 posts
Polaris - La Loma - 12 posts
Employed in UK live Spain - 1 posts
El Pinet,La Marina Elche - 1 posts
Long term car rent, from 1 - 6 months? - 2 posts
newcomers in Spain - 7 posts
Looking for a place from 7th May La Zenia Area. - 0 posts
A few questions before the big move, 12th May - 16 posts
Structural Survey - 1 posts
WARNING... ALMERIA .... MAYOR OF ZURGENA ARRESTED - 1 posts
Flexible, english speaking employment, nationwide in Spain - 6 posts
latest pictures thalassa visit www.nuevosvecinos.com - 0 posts
EDITING POSTS - 2 posts
Good restaurants in the Duquesa Area - 92 posts
How to avoid Spanish Inheritance Tax - 25 posts
fire baskets - 0 posts
Not what but where? - 18 posts
hi we are tonden - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 19

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x