Jet2

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Apr 2008 12:00 AM by eilben Star rating in Chesterfield/Santiag.... 101 posts Send private message

Hi Has anyone looked at Jet2 web site recently? I went on to look for flights, found some useful ones for later this month, then when it put the totals in it added another £60. This worked out at an extra £15 per flight. I have searched the web site & can find no reference to this additional tax. I have written to them but have not yet had a reply. Has anyone got any ideas why this has happened. I will be flying with them in June, having booked my flight last year & am quite worried that they will charge me extra at the airport. Eileen

Like 0      
07 Apr 2008 3:23 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I generally fly with Jet2 and the price that you see on the booking screen is the price of the flight including taxes, however.. You then have the credit card charge of £2pp each way, you have the price of the bag £8 (if you take it) each way and then you have the recently introduced fuel surcharge, fo my flight for later this month it was £2 each way and again, that is probably per person. Add it all together and it becomes a tad more expensive.

Mark

Like 0      
07 Apr 2008 3:46 PM by eilben Star rating in Chesterfield/Santiag.... 101 posts Send private message

Thanks Mark I have used Jet2 for 3 years now & have found that generally the price on the booking screen states that taxes are included but now when you make your final selection there is a box on the right that shows an extra £60 for 2 persons on a return flight. I always expect the credit card charge & now the bag charge but this something new. Eileen

Like 0      
07 Apr 2008 3:51 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I think the fuel surcharge was introduced late last year/ early this year to take into account the rising fuel prices, although Ryanair don't levy a surcharge. As you say, it is anoying to go through the booking process only to be presented with the surcharge on the last screen before paying. What happened to the up front charges policy demanded by the OFT? Jet2 have never been what some would consider a budget airline, but I found it much cheaper to drive from Leeds to East Midlands and pay for parking in February than it was to fly from Leeds with Jet2!

Mark

Like 0      
07 Apr 2008 4:35 PM by eilben Star rating in Chesterfield/Santiag.... 101 posts Send private message

Only problem is the M1 roadworks at the moment going to East Midlands. We went with Easyjet and BMIbaby earlier this year from East Midlands. Only problem then was the 5am check in - I'm not an early morning person!! I've managed to find Ryanair flights that are pretty good so may chance those instead of Jet2 later this month. Eileen

Like 0      
07 Apr 2008 4:43 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

The roadworks are only as problem in peak rush hour times normally. I travel up & down the M1 2 or 3 times a week and haven't yet had a problem. The Ryanair flight we took in Feb left EMA at 17.30 arriving in Murcia at around 21.00 (well it would have it the engine didn't fail at the end of the runway on take off!!).

Mark

Like 0      
07 Apr 2008 5:05 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Hi guys

Sorry slight change in thread but still on the jet 2 theme.

Have either of you noticed that the baggage allowance has changed yet again? I have quite a few flights booked for this year quoting the allowance as 20kgs. On the website it now says 17kgs pp. Having just had a problem at Manchester over my bags (ie, their new system didn't show my bags & they were going to charge me again!) do you have any idea if they will honour the 20kgs or not? Can't face phoning their call centre again - can feel my blood pressure going through the roof at the thought of it lol.

Like 0      
07 Apr 2008 5:17 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Just looking at my Wife's confirmation for a flight in October which she booked in January. It is printed on the confirmation that the baggage allowance is 20kg, so I would say that is the "get out of jail free" card needed. Just make sure you print the whole reservation document and not as I do normally, the flight numbers and departure dates.

Is there nothing they won't stoop to at the moment? Disgraceful  

Mark

Like 0      
07 Apr 2008 5:33 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Well mine all say 20kgs but you know what they're like! I've learnt to take every bit of the booking plus any emails they,ve sent me when I've queried something. That's the ONLY reason I didn't get charged again for my bags at Manchester ( & again for the golf clubs on the way back - good grief!!)

Might query via email if they'll honour the booking - least then it's in writing. Just wondered if anyone had any experience of this situation as I'm sure it's happened before. Cheers Mark.

Like 0      
07 Apr 2008 6:04 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I'm flying with them on the 18th, so I shall make a note to ask at the check in desk. In the meantime, Stephanie Blevins (SBlevins@dartgroup.co.uk), she is the General Manager for customer relations.

Mark

Like 0      
07 Apr 2008 8:48 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Thanks Mark - appreciate it

Made a note of the email address as well - can see that one coming in very useful

Like 0      
08 Apr 2008 1:37 PM by sunnyside Star rating in UK/Duquesa. 95 posts Send private message

sunnyside´s avatar

I am flying out with them on Thursday and have had a a few problems too. I booked our seats online and when I went in a few days later to see if I could check in online our seats for the outward flights did not show up on the booking.  I ended up having to ring them at 50p a minute!! and they gave me new seat numbers said they were having problems with the site. (it would have been cheaper to rebook them, the call lasted approx 20 mins.!

I then went online again to try the online check in and it wouldn't print out my boarding pass - so had to ring again (at 50p a minute) and they said they were having problems again and to try a couple of days later or check in at airport.

I have never had any trouble with them before and we have used them quite a few times.

Regarding baggage, my original booking made months ago said 20kgs but my new confirmation with seat numbers said 17kgs!

This message was last edited by sunnyside on 4/8/2008.

Like 0      
08 Apr 2008 8:28 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Hi Sunnyside

I,ve learnt not to ring that number too - flippin expensive!! I always ring the other 10p per min number regardless of query & play dumb . Email is not a bad option either as they do (eventually) respond & at least you,ve got something in writing when things go wrong at the airport.

I,ve had loads of problems with my bookings too - been told it's to do with a new computer system. All my bookings when I look at them say no bags have been paid for even though they have been. To be fair, when I produced my confirmation the ground staff were fine & put them through.

Would be interested to know how you get on with the weight allowance - can you let us know when you get back??

Have a good trip

Like 0      
09 Apr 2008 11:53 AM by Lindsey Culley Star rating in Leeds/ Jardin 5, Con.... 121 posts Send private message

Jet2.com will honour the 20kg if you booked before they changed the allowance last week.  Now 17kg. 

Still much better than Ryanair which is 15k and £7.50 each additional kilo, so 17kg with Ryanair would be extra £15 each way!!! 

Like 0      
09 Apr 2008 2:42 PM by eilben Star rating in Chesterfield/Santiag.... 101 posts Send private message

Thanks Lindsey, that was helpful. I have e-mailed Jet2 to ask about the changes & this additional tax. I am really worried that I will get to the airport & be asked to cough up another £60. It will be even worse in the summer when my daughter goes if she asked for £120 for the 4 of them. I am so annoyed that I am now looking at going BMi to Alicante as they don't fly to Murcia from East Midlands. Eileen

Like 0      
09 Apr 2008 2:46 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Ryanair fly from EMA to Murcia .

Mark

Like 0      
09 Apr 2008 3:02 PM by eilben Star rating in Chesterfield/Santiag.... 101 posts Send private message

Thanks Mark. I've never flown Ryanair. Are they reliable? Is it a free for all with no seat allocation? Eileen

Like 0      
09 Apr 2008 3:04 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Hope this doesn't turn into another anti-ryanair thread!!

Got to say, we travel 3 or 4 times a year with them from Murcia to Luton and have NO MOANS.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
09 Apr 2008 3:08 PM by eilben Star rating in Chesterfield/Santiag.... 101 posts Send private message

Karensun thank you. I just need reassurance. We tried Easyjet earlier this year & check-in was a nightmare, there 2 hours before & finally got booked in with 40 mins to go. There were about 5 flights all through 2 desks. Flight was fine, as was seating but I am getting tired of being treated like cattle. Eileen

Like 0      
09 Apr 2008 3:10 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar
Just to say that there is no seat allocation with Ryanair and yes you do have to queue to check in then queue to get on the plane.............................but you have to do that anyway!! For what we pay, Ryanair are fine.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Urgent Help needed, 7th May, 4 weeks - 2 posts
Casa Alto Development Nr Torreveija - 0 posts
The Television Man - 2 posts
Arenal Duquesa - 0 posts
receiving benefits in spain - 2 posts
Ficticious completions and utilities supply - 13 posts
el aljarafe residential - 1 posts
moving to asparragal murcia - 1 posts
working permits... - 4 posts
Perils of buying in Spain - 7 posts
Bank Guarantee - 1 posts
Bella Rotja Fadesa development - 0 posts
Hi - 0 posts
Christmas flights - 18 posts
Mobile costs - 7 posts
electiricity problems - 4 posts
Colinas de Lago-Los Balcones - 2 posts
just wanted to say 'hi' - 2 posts
Montemayor property for sale - 2 posts
Can anyone suggest any English owned companies in the Murcia region? - 6 posts
Flight from Newcastle to Malaga for sale - 0 posts
Estepona del Coral portal - 0 posts
Polaris - La Loma - 12 posts
Employed in UK live Spain - 1 posts
El Pinet,La Marina Elche - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 26

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x