Grand Slam Winners

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Well done boys!  What a great achievement at last and well deserved.

Come on Gina and Sonia El ............let's celebrate in style!

Jane

Like 0      
08 Mar 2008 3:40 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar
What's a triple crown?

Laury

Like 0      
08 Mar 2008 5:03 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Wales beat the home countries - Scotland, England and Ireland!!!  Triple Crown!!

Well done guys!!!  Even though I'm a Scot!!

Like 0      
08 Mar 2008 6:20 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Yes,

Well Done Boys!!

Terrific Achievement.

Like 0      
08 Mar 2008 6:22 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Nice One Boys,

Even though there were some sent to the naughty corner moments you tinkers LOL.

Now keep it up for the Grand Slam. You can do it

Well done Scotland, you did great. I hope Rory is ok. Anyone know? He took a bad blow to the head.

Like 0      
08 Mar 2008 6:35 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

09 Mar 2008 10:40 AM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
As a Welshman living in Ireland it was a great day...there were more Welsh up the local Club in Dublin than Irish (They had all the tickets)...great day...shows you what a change of coach can do. Just wait and see how long O'Sullivan and Ashton last now....

Looking forward to going to work tomorrow,,,,gonna GLOAT all day long with my Irish Colleagues...its like 2005 all over again. Looking forward to next Saturday.. and hope the chaps can continue their great form

I was going to mention the terrible English form and the fantastic grit showed by the Scots.

I wonder if the Italians can beat France....

Like 0      
09 Mar 2008 5:25 PM by colesfamilywales Star rating in Pontypridd. 75 posts Send private message

Fantastic result for Wales and done in style, we pretty much ran the game.....

Good result for Scotland, and all set up for next week with the French result.

And we cannot forget Spurs romp against West Ham, pretty good weekend.... for us anyway !

Like 0      
09 Mar 2008 7:24 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Don't know much about football (wrong shaped ball) LOL.

But I did see a glimpse of Cardiff City, apparently won against someone or other today?? And they are in the semi finals??

We are having a good year then

Like 0      
09 Mar 2008 8:22 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Semi - finals for the first time in 80 years - how good is that!   Just typical of us to get there when the semis will be at the new Wembley stadium for the first time, after years at the millenium !  I was watching Italy/France until my son arrived and turned telly over to the round ball - but it was worth it!

Jane

Like 0      
09 Mar 2008 11:14 PM by pknott Star rating in Costa Blanca. 142 posts Send private message

pknott´s avatar
As a Cardiff boy...I am in shock...who though would be our best bet in the Semi's?

If only my Dad was alive...he was a season card holder for many years....and would have loved to have seen this!!

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 7:25 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

I know - it's so scary - but we've got the Grand Slam next- you wait for one bus then they all come at once!

Jane

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 10:04 AM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Not been online all weekend - too busy watching the sport!  Wales triple crown and Cardiff through to semi finals of FA cup. (Sorry I watch both the proper game and the other one)

All the 'big guns' have lost - England (hurrah!!), Man U and Chelsea.  Just proves money doesn't buy everything.

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 1:47 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

We wondered wher you were Sonia,

Thought you were still under a table at the pub

Like 0      
11 Mar 2008 12:46 PM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Due to spending the previous weekend in Spain actually now giving the liver a bit of a rest.  Don't bother with pubs in London much - not the same atmosphere as Wales where I have lost a few hours in the past!  

Fingers crossed for Grand Slam. Also Cardiff - West Brom for final in the other game. (spent childhood in Midlands so divided loyalties)

Like 0      
13 Mar 2008 11:17 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
GETTING EXCITED!!!!!

Like 0      
14 Mar 2008 12:01 AM by HybridAnglo Star rating in Leeds & Manilva. 73 posts Send private message

HybridAnglo´s avatar
For any of you online gamblers out there, if you fancy making a few quid this weekend:

Italy v Scotland: Italy by 1 - 5 points
England v Ireland: England by 5- 9  points
Wales v France: France by 1 - 5 points (Don't worry, Wales still champions!)

Or, at least, that's what this punter is going for. Not that I need to. 7 winners out of 10 bets at Cheltenham today. Hoo-ha!

Mark

Like 0      
14 Mar 2008 1:53 PM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Really worried about France. I know we've got the points but if would be so good to have a clean sweep even though we're all Celts!

Like 0      
15 Mar 2008 2:54 PM by HybridAnglo Star rating in Leeds & Manilva. 73 posts Send private message

HybridAnglo´s avatar
Well, the first of the three games this afternoon has just finished, and my prediction held up for that.

I'm thinking this might just be my week. Cheltenham has been very good to me - even picked the Paul Nicholl's triple in the Gold Cup.

If it carries on like this, I might be able to retire to Spain!

Mark.

Like 0      
15 Mar 2008 3:01 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Right just finished...................

Off to see THE GAME now.  Good luck Wales!!!!! 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Buy a car in the UK or in Spain - 6 posts
HI..i m new - 3 posts
Hiii. - 0 posts
mobile homes - 0 posts
Car Insurance - 12 posts
Good internet portals to search for property ? - 6 posts
Apartment rental required - 2 posts
RENTAL FOR SECURE CAR PARKING LONG TERM - NEAR MURCIA AIRPORT - 11 posts
Macarena 2 urbanisation, Orihuela Costa, Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Makes you glad to live in England ...... NOT !! (Prescriptions up to £7.10 April 1st). - 1 posts
mr billy mcmahon - 3 posts
Britain braced for 'worst storm of winter' on Monday - 21 posts
Nueva Ribera - One Properties - 5 posts
Rustica properties - 2 posts
spanish to english. - 5 posts
Unauthorised debits from Spanish bank accounts - 4 posts
testaurants orihuela costa - 15 posts
Marbella to Sevilla - 4 posts
Wanting long term let benalmadena - 1 posts
Sofa Deals - 7 posts
Water and electricity - 2 posts
paperwork on house is ok but there is an article 205 on the house ? - 6 posts
Capital Gains on UK Property - 5 posts
Santa Maria Green Hills - 2 posts
More New Kids On The Block - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 30

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x