Britain braced for 'worst storm of winter' on Monday

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

07 Mar 2008 3:41 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar
Glad I''ve booked golf for Tuesday then may be it will have blown over by then!

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2008 3:47 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
You'll never have hit the ball so far, Jacqui.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2008 3:53 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar
Knowing my luck, it will be blowing against me and it'll end up back at my feet! It was bad enough this morning, I had trouble standing up at times, and the wind was blowing the ball across the greens, always away from the hole, who'd play this game? 

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2008 4:49 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Darn weather. I just got the garden looking half decent again for prospective buyers..

I play Tuesdays too. It's the ladies'  c ompetition day.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
07 Mar 2008 4:54 PM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar
Our 7 day forecast isn't suggesting Tuesday is going to be any better, still raining and still quite windy - might just be a coffee in the club house!

Jacqui

Like 0      
07 Mar 2008 5:18 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I'll just stay in bed then.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2008 6:46 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Now I can see that you are blonde - not sure on the boob size or legs coz youve got them covered up

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
07 Mar 2008 6:56 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hope we will be alright on Sunday we fly out at 8 in the morning, we might be getting out at the right time hopefully or maybe not        Pat

Like 0      
07 Mar 2008 7:00 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Probably make it to Spain in under an hour

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
08 Mar 2008 9:28 AM by Eva2008 Star rating in Reading. 152 posts Send private message

Eva2008´s avatar
so THATS what you look like Morerosado! I've always wondered.

Like 0      
08 Mar 2008 10:21 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

That would be brilliant Smiley,  under an hour I wish.     No That is not your best picture More.     Pat 

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 7:46 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

It's very odd. I live on the south west coast which is supposed to be the worst hit.

At the moment, the sun is shining and we have normal sort of strength gusts of wind. Just strong enough to blow the sun parasol over.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 10:38 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Last night here in Somerset I was chatting about midnight to my mate in Spain on messenger & the rain started with gusts of winds, very eeiry as the wind blows across overflow pipes from wcs. It continued for some hours & I found it hard to sleep. I thought it was over when I woke 7ish, seemed fine. I was watching GMTV & they were talking to their reporter in Brighton on the seafront. He had trouble standing up & there was a guy walking by & he was fighting to stay upright too. Anyway, it's begun raining again now & forecast is for more so I hope we are spared the worst here. We are very high up &, if we have high winds, it's very scary. Lots of woods just behind us & many trees come down onto the road.  I've been out to check our fencing which Mr More battoned ages ago with 4" x4" x 6ft  fence posts & they just got left there. Previously he's had to replace fencing & it's been a nightmare.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 3/10/2008.

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 10:52 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar
It's bucketing down here now so i'm hibernating with "Living  in the Sun" on TV.

Laury

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 11:08 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Oh s**t, Laury, I meant to watch that. Going now.........................

Edited : It has finished  I was meant to record it for Mr. More too.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 3/10/2008.

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 12:08 PM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

Oops...

You didn't miss much. House hunting in Murcia and a new business near Malaga.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 3:56 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Neighbours trees are trashing against our fencing.  Radio says very bad gusts between Bristol & Taunton on M5. Glad I'm not having to drive on motorway today. Poor daffodils are flattened. Birds are being blown off course, poor little souls.

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 4:05 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hope the birds get blown my way - you can keep the daffs

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 5:03 PM by VickiT Star rating in Bournemouth. 121 posts Send private message

I had to drive Bournemouth/Chichester/Bournemouth today.  Fine on the way there (in fact I had to wear shades!) but, on the way back, I hit the most awful storm!  There really were minutes (well, probably seconds!) when I couldn't see a thing!  Scary!!  Especially scary when you're overtaking high-sided lorries with those gusts of wind and, I know, don't overtake them then, but the spray they kick up is awful.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Nueva Ribera - One Properties - 5 posts
Rustica properties - 2 posts
spanish to english. - 5 posts
Unauthorised debits from Spanish bank accounts - 4 posts
testaurants orihuela costa - 15 posts
Marbella to Sevilla - 4 posts
Wanting long term let benalmadena - 1 posts
Sofa Deals - 7 posts
Water and electricity - 2 posts
paperwork on house is ok but there is an article 205 on the house ? - 6 posts
Capital Gains on UK Property - 5 posts
Santa Maria Green Hills - 2 posts
More New Kids On The Block - 5 posts
Grupo Suite - 1 posts
Hola a todos - 10 posts
Hi From Benalmádena Pueblo - 1 posts
Property In Spain - 2 posts
SHORT TERM LETS CONTRACT IN BOTH ENGLISH & SPANISH - 2 posts
LONG TERM LETS CONTRACT IN ENGLISH & IN SPANISH - 1 posts
Interesting info on renting your property. - 0 posts
HEAD DOORMAN LOOKING FOR WORK IN SPAIN - 1 posts
Patrick Swayze has pancreatic cancer - 4 posts
Distribution of Community Fees - 16 posts
Font Size - 2 posts
moving to lo crispin - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 22

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x