testaurants orihuela costa

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by bill marshall Star rating in newcastle/upon/tyne/.... 42 posts Send private message

hi,   has anyone ate at eduardos finca , not to sure on spelling

Like 0      
07 Mar 2008 12:22 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Bill, we were discussing restaurants & bars on Orihuela Costs in here >> Spanish Bars & Spanish restaurants in Orhiuela Costa 

I've actually heard varying reports on La Finca de Eduardo. Good review here if old >>> 2003 VISIT !!!

Taken from another site..

1) For a real treat La Finca Eduardo's is a rustic style restaurant with a superb a la carte menu. There is a large outdoor pool and terraces to enjoy in the summer months. Lunches, beverages and a barbeque are served outside for the ultimate relaxing afternoon. Many events are held in the grounds including scuba diving and water aerobics.

2) La Finca Eduardo's is a beautiful and romantic style restaurant that serves international cuisine. Entertainment in the evening includes traditional flamenco dancers, a saxophonist, Tom Jones and Elvis tributes and contemporary Spanish singers.

3)Just on the other side of the N332 on the road to Las Ramblas and Campoamor Golf Clubs is La Finca de Eduardo’s (formerly Picassos). Owned by the same family that already own ‘Eduardos’ in VillaMartin plaza. It is a beautiful setting which includes swimming pool and terrace for lunch and a refurbished ‘cellar’ which provides a romantic setting for evening dinner. This is well worth a visit but booking is essential in high season and recommended at other times.
For bookings telephone 96 532 28 30

Like 0      
07 Mar 2008 8:03 AM by bill marshall Star rating in newcastle/upon/tyne/.... 42 posts Send private message

thanks more,  soundes good to me will give it a try next time im over there,  i am  sending  email to maria as advised will keep you updated by pm on th outcome if that is ok, cheers bill. ps  enjoy your  weekend.

Like 0      
08 Mar 2008 12:58 PM by Howy Star rating in Bury, Lancs. 18 posts Send private message

Hi Bill,

We have just returned from a trip without our 3 young children. We ate at eduardo's everyday having the menu of the day. It cost 14 euros for 3 courses and included a glass of house wine. The food was delicious, service great and it simply wasn't worth the effort of cooking. In fact we were still that full in the evening we tended to just have a snack. We have been there in the past with our 3 young children and the menu of the day is not as good value for them. They were charged 12 euros for a children's meal of chicken & chips including ice cream. Drink extra.

We have recommended lots of friends to go there and have never had a bad report. In summer the menu of the day is replaced by a poolside bbq. We have never tried this but believe it is very good.

Regards,

Debbie & Dave

Like 0      
08 Mar 2008 2:36 PM by Lloyds Star rating in Home Counties. 50 posts Send private message

Hi Bill

Would thoroughly recommend Eduardos both La Finca and the one in Villemartin. My favourite for more atmosphere and ambience would be La Finca. Last summer ate in the gardens and just recently had a delightful evening in what they call the Winter Restaurant - downstairs in the converted cellars.

Prices good, comparable for something that little bit special - quality of food excellent. Hope you enjoy I would certainly take visitors there for an evening out.

Susan.

Like 0      
09 Mar 2008 3:10 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter
Hi Bill - I agree with the others - have only eaten there once, it was in the winter restaurant ,but the meal and the atmosphere was great.  It was recommended to me so it seems to be pretty popular all round!

Like 0      
09 Mar 2008 9:34 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Our Parador Properties rep took us one lunchtime to Eduardos lunchtime restaurant facing the road in Villa Martin Plaza & I had the best lasagne ever. Oddly enough the same day in the evening all Parador "guests" were taken to the restaurant next door to Eduardos evening venue, facing into the Plaza & we had a superb meal, shame about the ratty rep we had to eat with (as we didn't buy from them).

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 1:04 PM by bill marshall Star rating in newcastle/upon/tyne/.... 42 posts Send private message

hello, more  i would just like to thank you for taking the time to help me   in   the past and hope you enjoy your retirement, and the best of luck to you,   bill .

Like 0      
10 Mar 2008 1:05 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
It's no problem, Bill. Thank you for your kind wishes.

Like 0      
29 Apr 2008 3:45 PM by lomasgirl Star rating in I'm in Belgium and L.... 24 posts Send private message

Hi,  we were in VillaMartin Plazza, last week.  I read all about Eduardo's, so the next time we go back, we try out Eduardo's in Villamartin Plazza.

We live in Belgium and hope,..once...,  to live in Spain for several months. But now, we still have to work for 2 or 3 years and save money for our retirement and our coming to  Spain, Lomas del Golf.

Like 0      
29 Apr 2008 4:11 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
  lomasgirl

Like 0      
26 May 2008 8:00 PM by LifeOverseas Star rating in Murcia, Spain. 49 posts Send private message

La Finca de Eduardo's is really nice. It's on the road to the Real Club de Golf Dehesa de Campoamor/Las Ramblas. There's a big billboard with an arrow when you take that road from the N332.
It's got good service and nice gardens with a pool to chill out around in the warm weather.

Like 0      
26 May 2008 8:01 PM by LifeOverseas Star rating in Murcia, Spain. 49 posts Send private message

Oh, and I can highly recommend the Real India. It is in the Los Dolces commercial centre (upstairs) in Villa Martin. The owners are really lovely people and it's the best Indian food I've had in Spain!

Like 0      
27 May 2008 9:48 AM by lomasgirl Star rating in I'm in Belgium and L.... 24 posts Send private message

We see a lot of Indian restaurants in Spain. They are growing like flowers and just like the Chinees restaurants, a few years ago.
Is the indian food not too spicy?

Thanks Morerosado.

Like 0      
27 May 2008 11:04 PM by lindacosta Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Fairways in Villa Martin square I wouldn't recommend. The service was so bad that the meals came separately, even though there were only two of us! Then the drinks came after we asked twice. We asked for the salt and pepper so many times that in end, we had to help ourselves.
In addition to taking so long, the meals arrived partly hot, partly cold! I don't know how anyone manages that! I wouñd certaily not recommend taking a Spanish friend there because they don't speak a word. My friend said "una coca cola por favor" and that had to be translated. I don't know how they get away with it. The Spanish people as a whole seem to be really tolerant of these things. They wouldn't get away with this in France.
But the main reason I feel the need to write this post is that I saw a cockroach on the way to the bathroom, entering what could only be the kitchen.
I don't know what the health and safesty standards are like but I'm sure that is not acceptable by any stretch of the imagination.
In short, there are some good restaurants in the plaza. Eduardo's is good and the snack type bar whose name I can't remember but is the first one has great food.
However, before going to Fairways again, I would rather buy bread and cheese in the supermarket and eat on the pavement. I hope this helps people!

Like 0      
31 May 2008 6:33 PM by freddy Star rating. 71 posts Send private message

We tried out the newly opened Wok Buffet at the new La Fuente C.C.. The place was busy with hardly a spare table which was a little unusual as the restaurant next door ( Chillies) was void of any customers at all !!
First impressions...the staff are probably the most friendly I have seen anywhere and without being overpowering...The food.....  Not up to the standards of many of the other 'Wok's I use...the choice was limited, what we did have was over cooked and getting crisper by the minute under the servery heaters.
The queue waiting to have their selection cooked spread right along the front of the sweet counter, making it absolutely impossible to access..
All in all very poor for a new establishment hoping to build up a reputation...
For the very first time in a 'Wok', I came away feeling as if I had not had my moniesworth....Not a patch on the Asia garden on the strip of the one at Torre de la Horadada...

I will not be going back in a hurry.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Marbella to Sevilla - 4 posts
Wanting long term let benalmadena - 1 posts
Sofa Deals - 7 posts
Water and electricity - 2 posts
paperwork on house is ok but there is an article 205 on the house ? - 6 posts
Capital Gains on UK Property - 5 posts
Santa Maria Green Hills - 2 posts
More New Kids On The Block - 5 posts
Grupo Suite - 1 posts
Hola a todos - 10 posts
Hi From Benalmádena Pueblo - 1 posts
Property In Spain - 2 posts
SHORT TERM LETS CONTRACT IN BOTH ENGLISH & SPANISH - 2 posts
LONG TERM LETS CONTRACT IN ENGLISH & IN SPANISH - 1 posts
Interesting info on renting your property. - 0 posts
HEAD DOORMAN LOOKING FOR WORK IN SPAIN - 1 posts
Patrick Swayze has pancreatic cancer - 4 posts
Distribution of Community Fees - 16 posts
Font Size - 2 posts
moving to lo crispin - 4 posts
Question for TJ222....and anyone else for that matter.... - 0 posts
Recycled Water - 0 posts
e mail address,s - 6 posts
RETIREMENT TO SPAIN - 1 posts
New Buyer - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x