EARTHQUAKE

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

What?  Am I the only person that felt it at 5.05am this morning. Strength 3.9. Centre 28 km E of Murcia. Quite scary as you dont know when it's going to stop!

Like 0      
02 Mar 2008 9:32 AM by QPM Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

My brother is in Villamartin and was woken at 4.56 (approx) . Said it was like a train going through the house ! Really scary.

Andy -QPM

www.quattropropertymanagementspain.com

Like 0      
02 Mar 2008 11:28 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

EARTHQUAKE CB TODAY 

EARTHQUAKE CB TODAY AGAIN

EL PAIS

This message was last edited by morerosado on 3/2/2008.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2008 5:29 PM by haufdunbhoy Star rating in Penicuik. 28 posts Send private message

Is this a wind up? Have searched BBC and googled earthquake spain. No recent results. Stuart.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2008 5:42 PM by Darren_Michelle Star rating. 167 posts Send private message

Hi all

I can vouch we had an earthquake in La Zenia early this morning, we got hit at approx 05:04am and as QPM states....was like a train running through the property. If you've ever been in a hotel / bar or property above an underground train line.....felt very similar.

Some earthquake sites are claiming the epicentre was 3miles off the coast of Mijas at 04:15 this morning

regards

Darren

Like 0      
02 Mar 2008 5:43 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I gave you THREE links haufdunbhoy  !!!!! Click on them.

02 Mar 2008 11:28 AM

morerosado
Star rating
** EOS Superstar **

morerosado´s avatar

I'm in Somerset, UK / Guardamar Del Segura on the Costa Blanca (Completed April 2005)

I've made 3213 posts

Edit this post

EARTHQUAKE CB TODAY 

EARTHQUAKE CB TODAY AGAIN

EL PAIS

This message was last edited by morerosado on 3/2/2008.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2008 5:58 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

HERE WE ARE BOYS!!!

Earthquakes so far today. Sorry for the huge post! !

Edited to reduce the size of the post.

This message was last edited by sandra on 3/2/2008.

Like 0      
02 Mar 2008 6:00 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar
P.M. me when you've seen enough and I'll edit it away. Possibly Justin might just beat me to it!!

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 12:13 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Epicentre was San Miguel, look..

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 9:44 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

I am so glad it wasnt my imagination.

I have never felt an Earthquake before and it was quite scary!!!!

It felt like the epicentre was under my bed!!!!!

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 10:28 AM by Gedite Star rating in Suffolk/La Finca Gol.... 5 posts Send private message

Just got back from La Finca Golf, Algorfa, late last night.  Our first experience of an Earthquake too.  Something woke us both few mins after 5am (Sunday) and within a split second it felt like a train running under the bed.  Couldn't get back to sleep for ages after and am sure I heard after shock about 5.30am.  Local Radio station reported Epicentre San Miguel and 3.3 on the Richter scale.  Very scary!!  Must have been very scary for those of you experiencing both the British quake and the San Miguel one yesterday (as our neighbours on La Finca did)?

Gorgeous weather over there by the way.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 10:44 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

This area has been suffering the effects of Earthquakes for years,fortunately all modern houses are built to withstand any serious tremor.

The fault line runs just off the coast,if you were in Guardamar it would be just behind the island of Tarbarca.

170 years ago there was a 7.0 on the richter scale that flatenened Guardamar and Torrevieja....

Mabe they should dump some of the million tons of concrete that is poured along the coast line into the fault line instead...

Like 0      
03 Mar 2008 12:13 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Years ago when I lived in Australia they had an earthquake which flattened a town 100/200 miles away from where we lived.  I think this was around 6 on the richter scale.

I was hoovering my bedroom at the time so didn't hear the noise, I bent down to turn off the hoover and as I got up the house walls were coming towards me.  I thought it was my imagination until I heard screaming from the others in the house.

The house was ok but I'll never forget the feeling, afterwards we had a few after shocks and they were pretty scarey as well.  Especially when working on the upper floors of a large building, I soon learnt the safest place to be was in the doorways much to the amusement of my colleagues.  Mostly men who didn't want to show their fear so they laughed at the crazy POMMIE sheila who every time she heard a rumble would jump out of her seat.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2008 1:17 PM by 1stcall Star rating in Costa Blanca. 10 posts Send private message

1stcall´s avatar

The dogs were barking and my son's CD's fell off the wall. The Earthquake measured 3.3 and was 8 klms down. There were actually two quakes to hit Spain around this time.

Not as bad as were I used to live. Northridge Apartments. CA. We had just moved back to the UK for a brief visit when our apartment block was totally destroyed. There were 16 people killed and a few of them were our friends. (Somebody up there likes me).

Like 0      
05 Mar 2008 1:24 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
If someone "liked me" enough to kill 16 of my friends i would be a tad concerned!!!!!

Like 0      
05 Mar 2008 1:27 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Get back to work, Georgia.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2008 1:50 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
sorry boss..........

Like 0      
05 Mar 2008 4:39 PM by chelseadel Star rating in Welling kent & Las .... 155 posts Send private message

chelseadel´s avatar
Hi All.
if you have a look on Google earth (you must have Earthquakes ticked under the geographic features) you can see all the logged earthquakes and the magnitude, time & depth ect. There's been quite a few in the Costa Blanca/Murcia area over the years.
Derek.

Like 0      
14 Sep 2008 4:44 PM by dubkat Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I'm suprised no one has commented on the earthquakes that occured on Thursday 7th Aug and Monday 18th Aug at 7am.. The epicentre was at Algorfa.  We felt the shocks quite heavily.

Like 0      
14 Sep 2008 10:05 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter
Hi Dubkat - and welcome to the forum!

You'll find lots of messages about the recent quakes under another thread - Another Earthquake.  Not much gets past this forum without a comment or two!!

Regards

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Luna Mar Apartments - 8 posts
Vista Hermosa Santa Margarita - 2 posts
Kingo - 1 posts
Kingo - 9 posts
Dyth Gwyl Dewi Sant - 4 posts
A new month, March, begins. Morerosado is "retiring" with her OH on 13th ! - 79 posts
sky - 2 posts
Opticians. - 0 posts
THE BEACH HOUSE - 10 posts
security grilles - 38 posts
Musician looking for work - 1 posts
break ins common on new`builds - 1 posts
Cave houses in Rojales - 20 posts
Zeniamar - 7 posts
Spring Sale from Thomsonfly - 0 posts
Disney in Spain - 5 posts
Due to Complete and at a loss to know which way to turn - 8 posts
Snagging Company - Mojacar Area - 2 posts
Condado de Alhamo - 3 posts
Airports-dont forget - 4 posts
Exchange Rates - 22 posts
HOUSE IN SPAIN - CHANNEL 4 - 12.30 til 13.30 uk time - 5 posts
coming over on 11th march !! - 2 posts
Hacienda Requelme Golf Resort - 25 posts
Andalucia Day - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 20

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x