Help swell Emma's fund - I will donate £4 for every guide sold

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Feb 2007 9:05 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Thanks Justin,

I just got so annoyed last night, not about selling guides, just about how someone could be so thoughtless about Emma's Fund.

Anyway, the good news is, i donated  £88 to the fund last night!

Yeah!!!!!!!

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
17 Feb 2007 9:36 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar
A big thank you to:

Dave B

Who is going to send £20 to Emma's fund, here is what he e-amiled me today:
Hi Sue

Don't need to buy your booklet as I'm going to live there permanently this year however would like to donate the cost of the book directly via paypal to your worthwhile collection.

Please send info.

Cheers

Dave B

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
17 Feb 2007 11:16 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/16/2007.

Like 0      
17 Feb 2007 11:43 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Yes, I have read the new posts, seems like I have a new title now.......I know how you felt now Janice!

What a bunch of muppets!

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
17 Feb 2007 12:57 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

............i cant believe this, you are making profit out of a youngs girls suffering?, i mean all credit to you for raising money/awareness but  profiteering from it?,  all it looks like you are doing is exploiting mainly for your own gain, while putting a small amount to this fund!   Cover legitimate expenses, fine, but anything looks wrong to many people including myself.

Like 0      
17 Feb 2007 1:35 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

GOODSTITCH

PLEASE DO NOT START THAT DRIVEL ON THIS SITE.  I HAVE JUST READ THE DISGUSTING ATTACKS ON THE OTHER SITE.   IF YOU WANT TO POST DISPARAGING COMMENTS AFTER READING HALF A STORY -  PLEASE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

FIBBY DIDN'T SPELL OUT HOW SHE CAME TO SUPPLY HER GUIDE - BEFORE IT WAS EVER CONNECTED TO THE FUND.  SHE PROBABLY THOUGHT SHE DIDN'T HAVE TO.  THERE AGAIN, SHE PROBABLY WOULD NOT HAVE EXPECTED SUCH VILE DISTORTION OF THE TRUTH TO BE FLUNG AT HER BY PEOPLE KNOWING HALF A STORY AND TURNING IT INTO THE MAJOR CONSPIRACY OF THE YEAR. 

SHAME ON YOU AND SHAME ON THOSE PEOPLE - LIKE A PACK OF WOLVES SENSING THE KILL.  DREADFUL BEHAVIOUR.

Jane

Like 0      
17 Feb 2007 1:58 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Goodstitch, why is it that people feel as though they are helping the world when they buy, for example, christmas cards (once a year!), which, from the sale proceeds, 10pc or so will go to Oxfam, Red Cross, Feed the Children, etc., and yet this person, who was selling this guide before choosing to donate 20pc of the proceeds to Emma's fund, is "making profit out of a youngs girls suffering"???? She didn't have to donate anything from her sales, she CHOSE to!! It's called charity!! Obviously the more she sells, the more that is donated to Emma's fund. You don't have to buy one - you can donate directly on Emma's website, but if you want a tax guide for non-residents in Spain, then at least you know you'll be getting that AND donating to an extremely worthy cause.

Like 0      
17 Feb 2007 3:17 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I have just read the responses on the other site and am disgusted at the way they have hounded Fibby.  I am totally shocked by Mark's actual reply.  I have lost the little bit of respect that I had for him.

All those people should be ashamed of themselves.  They disgust me.  And they think they are a respectable bunch of people?  I don't think so.

And goodstitch, I am surprised at your response too.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
17 Feb 2007 5:14 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
17 Feb 2007 11:45 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

To Jean Sis and Fibby, keep up the good work, I love looking at this site because of you two, It's  great reading your input, just ignore the  others they aren't worth it.  This site is wonderful  because  of the regulars, Smiley, EOS, and all the others, just wish I had bought near to  you all .

Maureen

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
18 Feb 2007 12:19 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Studio, Leema, *******, JeanSis, Pitby, EOS Team, (and any others that may have read this thread but have not felt that they wanted/needed to contribute)

My heartfelt thanks for defending me today.

I do feel, that for anyone who reads this thread, that I need to voice my opinion............so maybe they can understand what has gone on.

Yes, I had been selling my guide to Paying Taxes in Spain for Non Residents, BEFORE I knew anything about Emma's fund.

I didn't need to offer to give 20% of sales to the fund. I could have continued with what I was doing quite happily, keeping all the money myself.

People buy this guide because they want it. I don't force them to buy it, they do it of their own free will!

However, I thought that to donate to Emma's fund was a totally worthwhile cause. I have Grandhildren of my own and god forbid, if that terrible thing happened to my family, I would want the whole world behind me.

So that's what I decided, to donate something to Emma's fund.

Sadly, there are some people in this world that cannot grasp this fact. They think that I should donate ALL of the sales to Emma's fund. This is quite extraordinary!

So this means that if say Virgin donates £1,000 to Emma's fund, these forum members would not think that gratuitous enough and would expect Richard Branson to give ALL his company profits to the fund. Mmmmm............

I had some extremely vicious comments directed at me, quite unjustified, on another Spanish forum. I believe that I am an honest and caring person, not a "Scum of the earth" or a "Saddo" as one member described me. That upset me for the entire night, I did not sleep well.

But anyway, enough is enough and I am closing the file on this one.

No more shall be said or written on the subject.

But I would just like to say thank you for your support live on the forum and privately, to those members who have PM'd me.

Kindest wishes,

FibbyUK

Check out my website:

Like 0      
18 Feb 2007 1:18 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
18 Feb 2007 4:29 AM by auntielinda Star rating in San Miguel de Salina.... 646 posts Send private message

Hi Fibby

Just thought I would add my humble opinions to this debate. I'm not buying your publication as I'm going to live and work in Spain permanently, however if I hadn't seen your marvelous gesture of contributing to baby emma's fund I would not have looked at her website and would not have made a personal contribution. I thank you for pointing my attention on the plight of this little girl and her family.

I have no idea who this other site is that all these posts refer too nor wish to know all I can say to you and the people who use this site is KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND B*****S TO THE REST!

Cheers

Dave 

This message was last edited by auntielinda on 2/18/2007.

Great Auntie Linda

Like 0      
18 Feb 2007 9:30 AM by Darren Ward Star rating in Lytham St Annes & Ju.... 277 posts Send private message

Darren Ward´s avatar

Fibby

We too echo Dave & Linda's comments and will be donating to this fund. Lets look at the positives out of this, it's purile idiots like those that pull a community like E.o.S together and make them stronger (even if it is a virtual community)

Keep going girl ! don't you worry or change one little bit !

Darren & Michelle Ward

Darren & Michelle R17 - No.54

www.santaana-pm.com

Like 0      
18 Feb 2007 12:20 PM by michael52 Star rating in Bushey, Hertfordshir.... 308 posts Send private message

michael52´s avatar
Dear Justin,

I think your comments regarding Mark Stucklin and Spanish Property Insight are somewhat unfair.

He is a well respected journalist writing for the Sunday Times and a number of other journals.

He removed Fibby’s thread after numerous complaints. He makes it very clear that he will not accept commercial threads on his site and Fibby did not comply.

If you had a bone to pick with him the decent thing would surely to have contacted him direct and discussed the matter in private, and not slag him off in public.

I have great respect for both his site and yours, but you do yourself no favour by this public display and suggest that you should now contact him to apologise or publish an apology

Regards
Michael

Like 0      
18 Feb 2007 12:57 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Michael, have you ever read posts on this site that so blatantly defame someone, as certain members of SPI did to Fibby and Jeansis???  Have you actually read the posts on SPI to which Justin refers?  Why is everyone so intent on attempting, unsuccessfully, to read between the lines and not just settle for the facts!!?? 

Mark may well be a respected journalist (I wouldn't know, have never heard of him before now) but, in my book, any "respected" journalist is one that fully researches their facts, before publishing such an opinion as he did!  I always thought that good opinions were those based on fact!  Would you not agree?  Well, he certainly didn't get his facts right before posting his response and as for those members who vilified Fibby and Jeansis - why weren't those hateful remarks deleted by him??  Why would a responsible site administrator/moderator allow such abuse of other registered members?

This message was last edited by Pitby on 2/18/2007.

Like 0      
18 Feb 2007 1:05 PM by handheld0 Star rating in Northern Ireland/Whe.... 8 posts Send private message

handheld0´s avatar

Justin, I must disagree with michael52's comments and firmly believe Mark should be the one apologising, NOT you.

Being a so called, "well respected journalist writing for the Sunday Times and a number of other journals" cuts no ice with me, he should be judged by his last piece and given the vindictive comments used by him on his own public forum he is the one that should dish out the apologies to all concerned.

handheld0

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King.

Like 0      
18 Feb 2007 1:28 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
18 Feb 2007 1:59 PM by michael52 Star rating in Bushey, Hertfordshir.... 308 posts Send private message

michael52´s avatar

This is an extract of the posting that Fibby sent to the moderator of Spanish Property Insight

Is this really the sort of rational and sensible  sort of comment that the users of this site want to see the members communicating. It appears a sick level of emotional blackmail.  Is it any wonder that Mark Stucklin was agrieved :

I hope you don't have any children Mr Mark, because, one day, it may creep up on you too. One morning your child may awake with tummy, back or leg pains. A feeling of tiredness, nausea or whatever, and an ordinary trip to your GP may end up in a living nightmare. You may have to watch your child go through the unimaginable treatment of chemotherapy. You will watch, wait & pray, just like Emma's parents are doing now.

This message was last edited by michael52 on 2/18/2007.

This message was last edited by michael52 on 2/18/2007.

Like 0      
18 Feb 2007 2:44 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Well, well, well.  Here we go again.  More diatribe from someone knowing half a story.

Michael 52 - I don't suppose you've ever been involved in something like helping to save a life - something that you care so much about that you express yourself in ways that show the extent of that care.  Quite obviously not.

Yes, as a user of this site, I do appreciate Fibby's heart felt words - those that you have quoted.  She is trying to be heard, trying to be listened to, to be allowed to continue to raise charitable money for the fund.  Her words were taken wholly out of context - in fact, just as you have chosen to use them out of context in your post.

Fibby and janice (why???) were then hung drawn and quartered - publicly. Then, again publicly, by the man running the site who you choose to defend.  They used  - to quote you - "the sort of rational and sensible sort of comment"   that has enraged users of this site.

Before actively choosing to denigrate another user I suggest you get your facts right.

Fibby - don't try to defend your position - you have absolutely nothing to defend.  Once again - shame on them.

Jane

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Oh JUSTIN-N-N-N......... - 4 posts
Info on Urb. La Marina - 1 posts
First Post - 5 posts
Childminding jobs - 6 posts
A GOOD READ & INFO - 4 posts
Jet Skiing in the Costa Del Sol (Benalmadena area) - 4 posts
dentists Mar Menor area - 0 posts
Change Law Firm after inital Deposit - Is it possible. Almerimar - 23 posts
Show House - 4 posts
Free healthcare in Catalunya - 8 posts
Not all agents are bad - 47 posts
moving to Estepona - 1 posts
Shared Photos - 1 posts
Where is the best place to move to - 5 posts
How to escape paying the extra tax ! - 3 posts
Sky and Broadband short term - 2 posts
Offshore or Not? - 11 posts
JOKES PLEASE .. IN HERE - 1414 posts
Wages - 1 posts
Warning! I do not recommend Ocean Estates - 100 posts
Information on La Marina Urbanisation - 3 posts
Want to sell your property! - 0 posts
JUSTIN ALDRIDGE - EOS MEET UPS - 11 posts
Mother & toddler groups - 2 posts
Police Warning - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 99

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x