good state school near sotogrande

Schools and Education in Spain Guide
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by katy06 Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

hi i have 2 children 6 and 2 and hopefully fingers crossed if my partner gets job might be moving to south spain the job is in sotogrande so would be living near that area not sure where tho lol are there any good state schools you can recommend. also i know there is an international school in sotogrande but wat sort of fees would i be looking at any help please kate

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 2:27 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Kate

I'm not being "funny" but I gave you the link for

Sotogrande International School
An IB World School offering education from age 3-18

in your other thread area of sotogrande on 24 Jan 2008 4:32 PM

The site has an option to ask about fees or even just contact school so why don't you ask them ?

Click on "information" under "admissions" & you can register for details of fees.

Link for registering is >> http://www.sis.ac/AD.php

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Click on "contact" under "admissions"

Link for contacting school is >> http://www.sis.ac/AB_contact.php

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at http://www.ibo.org/school/001182/  Lots of info on this international school with email addresses for contacts.

I've Googled for state schools in area but come up with nothing.

It's up to you to take this forward.

Good luck.

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 2:42 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
I dont think there is a state school in Sotogrande but just outside there is a small town, the name escapes me but it is mountainside just ater the port and spanish - Im sure there will be one there. Also in San Roque which would be close.

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 2:43 PM by katy06 Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

i did look at the website for the school and it looked very good but when i clicked on links it did not tell you about how much fees was just how you can go about getting your children in so i did read those links you gave me sorry if you feel i am asking the same stuff but i also wonted advise on spanish state schools to as not sure if i would be able to afford the fees Its a big move and just wonted as much info as possible and i thought this site was here to help

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 2:45 PM by katy06 Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

thank you both for your help i will try having a good search on net and also look at links you gave me thanks again

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 2:55 PM by katy06 Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

hi morerosado thank you for link i registered and got the cost of fees it alot more then i thought so think i will have to search some local villages and see if i can find a state school thanks kate

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 2:58 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Katy, I am trying to help you & that's why I've spent quite some time looking at what you said you wanted info on. It says on that site that you can register with site to find out fees which IS what you asked.

Personally most on here who have moved to Spain with very young children, as yours are, would totally advocate putting them in state school anyway. The kids integrate so much better & are fluent in Spanish very fast. Ask Rixxy & Justin & Georgia who have done just that.

EDITED just to say I posted this at same time as Kate's last post so had no idea she had registered & found fees out.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 1/25/2008.

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 3:04 PM by katy06 Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Hi morerosado i Know thank you very much all the links you have gave me have been very use full i think like you said i am better with a state school i will just try searching the local villages and see what i can find we would prob have to live bit further inland anyway as rent prices so see if i can find any villages i like the look of thanks again kate

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 3:06 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
When will your partner know about his job, Kate ?

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 3:11 PM by katy06 Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

they ment to be ringing him back about it today

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 3:14 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

To get the kids into state school is relatively easy athough paperwork can be fun. When you know where you are going to live, ensure tyou have a rental contract and then apply for your nie number at the police station. Once you have that (takes a couple of weeks, then go to the town hall and get the new bit of paper that has replaced the residencia card. With that and contract, go to town hall and register on the padronamiento as you will need that for the kids school. This proves you live in the area.

Take that and go to the schools to look around and register. In villages there will be only one anyway.

Both mine started off there when daughter 5 and son 3. They took a week to work out the language was different and then I had a few problems with them not wanting to go - once they were there all was well and they learned over time to integrate and to be fluent. I have the higest regard for the state schools.

Good luck

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 3:21 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Kate, look at this especially the entry by happy days

http://www.andalucia.com/forums/viewtopic-t11502.htm?sid=c7b58577f703b2964a7c6c0a477fa515

State school in Guadiaro is called Sierra Almenara.

Like 0      
25 Jan 2008 5:13 PM by katy06 Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Just had a look at that link you sent me about the school in gaudiaro sounds good as someone else suggested this area to us would be good to live thank you for your help kate

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

2nd home in Spain - has the dream been tarnished? - 41 posts
Insurance companies - 9 posts
Drive-by valuation - 7 posts
driving to spain - 16 posts
help!! - 2 posts
area of sotogrande - 9 posts
GGGGGGGrrrrrrrrooooaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHH!!! - 9 posts
Estepona rental with internet needed - 0 posts
New laws on dangerous dogs in Spain will cause problems - 13 posts
whats best way to go about getting a job in spain please help - 33 posts
El Gusto - Benijofar - 52 posts
After Completion - 15 posts
how do u turn on street lights - 17 posts
burgalaries - 11 posts
meds - 11 posts
Glasses for kids - 1 posts
new to site - 5 posts
PLEASE HELP!! - 6 posts
ive lost my escritura - 13 posts
John Hogan cleared of murder by a Greek court - 11 posts
Correos, the Spanish Post Office, to cut rural delivery service - 0 posts
david and ann - 1 posts
Transfer Tax - 22 posts
the castilla, lemon tree road, guadamar - 9 posts
Anyone help with Halifax???? - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x