Downturn in price

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Could anyone advise what is the general downturn in price (in percentage terms) on property in Duquesa, Costa Del Sol at the moment?

Like 0      
21 Jan 2008 10:33 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Depends on the price you are starting from really - if your or someone is asking 300k for a 2 bed apartment, then its around 120k overpriced at best, but this will depend on location, views and mainly sqm size.

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
21 Jan 2008 11:04 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Thanks Rixxy I've sent you a pm.
Anne

Like 0      
21 Jan 2008 1:49 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

I heard last week that someone who had their 2 bed property for sale at 125 ,000 Euros  accepted an offer of 85,00 !

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
21 Jan 2008 2:54 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
We're always sniffing around for a good deal and there are quite a few around Duquesa area.  Ususal problem, too many properties and not enough buyers so you can get some good deals.

Like Rixxy says, it depends on the starting price as there are many over priced apartments in the area.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
21 Jan 2008 3:00 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Thanks to all....this is very enlightening!
Cheers
Anne

Like 0      
21 Jan 2008 6:18 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Acapulco: "I heard last week that someone who had their 2 bed property for sale at 125 ,000 Euros  accepted an offer of 85,00 !"

WHERE??!! Even assuming it's 85,000 and not realy 85 euros, sounds like a steal to me. If it's in Acapulco, I'll be checking to see if Ryanair go there!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
21 Jan 2008 6:27 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
ThomsonFly have  flights direct from Glasgow to Acapulco  Book us all onto one, Rob. Get those moths out of your wallets.

Like 0      
21 Jan 2008 6:47 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Moths? I thought they use pesos there?

Just checking Ryanair Malaga to Glasgow - will get back to you.......

Mark Twain

Like 0      
19 Feb 2008 12:52 PM by TT Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

There is one portal that keeps track on the asking price/label price. http://www.expocasa.com/preciometro/ It is in Spanish, but you only need to click where it says "click aqui", choose Andalucia - Malaga - County to see the developments in the asking price per county. In Estepona the asking prices have dropped 11,68% since 1.1.2008. Not as bad as Mijas, where the asking prices have dropped 18,55% since 1.1.2008. Obviously it does not mean that the properties are sold even at the current asking prices.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2008 1:07 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This message was last edited by morerosado on 2/19/2008.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2008 1:10 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
It´s important to check how many properties make up the average price. For example, I did a sample test on one area and there were 2 properties on the database, the drop was 38.5% probably because both properties were owned by the same investor who has dropped their price for a quick exit from Spain. The Mijas example is spread over 405 properties for sale giving a fairer estimate.

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
19 Feb 2008 5:53 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Based on what information??? Asking prices which are way over anyway, or declared value prices, or bank valueation prices or actual accepted prices

The stats here are a joke!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
19 Feb 2008 6:41 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
All stats are dubious. Period.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 10:54 AM by TT Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I agree that is rather dubious how those stats correspond to the actual selling price, as it is with the valuations and official statistics. But changes in asking price are more up to date indicator than other statitistics. Prices in the CDS have been declining since 2006 and what the drop in the asking price indicates is panic, meaning that the downturn has accelerated without an end in sight.

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 3:32 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Prices have been declining sice 2003 if truth be told and earlier than that I knew of a multiple investor who could not shoft his units before completion!

Asking prices tend to be picked out of the sky and based on nothing, just what someone would like to get and the agent adding their usually 7% commission and vat on, plus a bit for negotiating. Thats the general rule of thumb.

A proeprty is only worth what someone else is prepared to pay for it. Same as any other commodity.

Developers are dropping like stones and their prices are below when they originally sold them off plan in some cases. or selling for the finance outstanding, in cases this works out to 59% of the actual bank valuation.

Main problem Im finding is lack of stock at the right price where the figures stack up - and thats actually because while the banks were more than happy to lend to anyone in the past, no problems black money, underdeclarations et al, now they want so much paperwork and only give 70% of valuation or purcahse price depending on which is lower. Therefore owners have to sell at about 60% of bank val.

Trouble is, bank vals have come down, meaning many highly geared owners are in negative equity now. Therefore unsaleable and going to repossession. Banks are then sitting on them in many cases at higher prices than I have similar ones for! Total madness.

No shortage of buyers though!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 7:09 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Shouldn't this thread be merger with the "Bargain Property Experiment"? I propose a hostile takeover bid!

Rixxy, no shortage of buyers? Do you mean, no shortage of dreamers and lookers? At what point does a propspect become a buyer? Surely not until they buy? Nobody is buying though, right? Therefore, BIG shortage of buyers.

Property is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Agree. Normaly, but if that's the case, ALL property is apparently now worthless! Someone forgot to tell sellers this. Is it just possible that nothing is selling because at the moment, nobody is willing to pay what it's worth?

Whilst I won't deny that some prices have come down, declining since 2006, or 2003 even? Again, someone forgot to tell anyone around here. Certainly, they are not shooting up like before, and OK, some new builds around here are now offering to throw in a fitted kitchen, or even a garage place for free (therefore reducing the price in real terms whilst not affecting valuations) I still haven't noticed the wholesale slashing of asking prices that some seem to have. Perhaps this is only happening on the sprawling new urbanisations on imaginary golf courses in the middle of nowhere without a street lamp in sight, but with lots of glossy brochures in English sitting in an office collecting dust. I've always been critical of this type of development and never understood fully the attraction of them to anybody, and have always stuck to my opinion that buying in a long established, mature area with full infrastructure (even if the drainage is crap and the garage floods at the first hint of heavy rain!) is a safer bet. The fact that prices in such areas have not dropped noticeably suggests that sellers in the same such areas think the same. Again, pity nobody remembered to tell the propspective buyers that! Long live Torremolinos!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 8:56 PM by TJ222 Star rating. 317 posts Send private message

I wouldn't worry about current prices, be more concerned about future prices. Check the credit crunch thread - 50% min reductions coming.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2008 2:45 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Shed on market for £150,000

A "dilapidated" wooden shed in a seaside resort is up for sale with an asking price of more than £150,000.

The wooden structure which measures just 18ft by 15ft in Abersoch, on the Llyn Peninsula in north Wales, is understood to have already attracted three offers above the minimum asking price.

The single-storey shed, sandwiched between two homes, has electricity and water supplies but needs planning permission before anyone can use it as a home. It has no view of the nearby coastline or countryside and part of the damaged roof of the structure is covered by plastic sheeting. Nevertheless, estate agents Beresford Adams is asking for offers over £150,000.

I think I'll just hang on for a bit, and wait to snap one up at around 75K! Bit worried about the LFO, though.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
21 Feb 2008 7:02 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Roberto

Just goes to show us Welsh Estate Agents could sell sand to the Arabs  .

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Torremendo (near San Miguel de Salinas/Torrevieja - Alicante) - Rubbish Dump - 2 posts
selling your property - 2 posts
my property - 1 posts
Ikea Malaga - 4 posts
For Justin re "selling your property" board - 0 posts
Off Plan La Recolletta - 6 posts
nuerva ribera beach club - 1 posts
Estudia Espana... cheap Spanish courses? - 5 posts
Easyjet BRILLIANT deal - 7 posts
ray and marilyn - 1 posts
Free business cards for your property - 7 posts
First occupation licence - 162 posts
Sold your spanish property and need to get the funds back to the Uk? - 1 posts
Sold Spanish property? Need to get the funds home? Try HiFX - 2 posts
Trackday on 1st of Feb - 3 posts
mobile internet. - 28 posts
Hello from Gillespie - 20 posts
Living in Spain TV - 19 posts
Hi to everyone - 2 posts
Los Ramos - 0 posts
sands beach resort - 1 posts
buying property - 10 posts
notice required for 1st meeting - 5 posts
Property refurbishment - advice - 5 posts
Spanish Destinations - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 58

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x