mobile internet.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Jan 2008 12:00 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Guys,

Some of you are probably aware of this already but as i have just used this sytem it may come in very handy for those of you who cant get internet access through lack of phoneline.

I have purchased an USB Modem that works on the mobile phone network,basically anywhere you can get a signal for your mobile phone you can now get internet access.

I needed this for being out and about and although i have wireless this is an absolute godsend.

I was a little sceptical about the speed of download and upload,in fact it is twice the speed of my office hardwire connection.

Its about the size of a cigarette lighter and plugs straight in to your laptop or pc,great for home use or mobile.

So if any of you are suffering without the web then this may be the answer.

I use the Movistar one as i find them to be the best but i think all the other networks do them as well.

georgia

Like 0      
17 Jan 2008 12:51 PM by JohnKath Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

Will you report back on the monthly cost / useage please.

Regards,John.

Like 0      
17 Jan 2008 1:49 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
I´m pleased to see Georgia is now contactable at the weekends!! You can´t hide from me now ;+)

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
17 Jan 2008 1:50 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
BTW Georgia, shall I tell Carlos about your new 24hr availability??

Like 0      
17 Jan 2008 2:06 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Gillespie

i would like to retract my previous post,i do not have mobile internet and cannot be contacted 24/7 as previously stated!!!!!

Back to the carrier pidgeon method!!!

Carlos may never know!!please!!!

Georgia

Like 0      
17 Jan 2008 2:11 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Johnkath,

I got mine for free because i use my mobile so much and had accumalated enough points for the offer.

I think they are normally around 30€ for the modem and i have gone for the 35€ per month package that gives me up to 1gb usage continuous.

Georgia

Like 0      
17 Jan 2008 2:31 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
I have used a company called Iberbanda for a few years now as there was no landline available to my house. It works by way of a small arial on my house roof. We get more than acceptable speed and find it always available. It now costs around 150 euro´s to fit and 39 euro´s per month. However, Georgias system of mobile modem is more flexible and does not limit you to home useage. But, its good to know there are several answers to the atrocous service offered by Telefonicas landline farse!

Like 0      
17 Jan 2008 4:19 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Gillespie! Youre back!!

Georgia - EVERYone knows you are available 24/7

ps now you are upgrading with your dangly thing, will you now have a phone you can actually text with later this year????

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
17 Jan 2008 4:21 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Georgia, I assume it works on the 3G / GPRS systems?

I used to use a similar thing when we couldn't get a landline but for heavy use you have to be careful as you can soon go over your limit!  It used to cost me a fortune uploading all my web stuff and images but I was desperate in those days.  Mind you, that was three years ago so I assume it's cheaper now.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
18 Jan 2008 8:57 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Rixxy-yep new phone on the way,the text facilty has never worked after i dropped it down the loo!!!

Justin-yeah,thats the one,i am only going to use for when i am out the office so i shouldn't exceed any limit.

Like 0      
18 Jan 2008 11:22 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Georgia, leave your "toys" out of the bathroom !!

Like 0      
18 Jan 2008 12:40 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

i dropped it in the sea once but it seemed to survive that.............

The toilet seem to finish it off...........

Like 0      
18 Jan 2008 12:44 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

My sister knocked hers off the arm of the settee straight into a cup of tea.

It didn't survive!!

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
18 Jan 2008 1:35 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
I really dont know if I DARE ask, but Im just one of those types so sorry everyone, here it comes...........................GEORGIA, WHAT WERE YOU DOING WITH YOUR PHONE IN YOUR HAND NEAR THE LOO??????????

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
18 Jan 2008 1:49 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

keeping myself amused of course....................................................

not what you were thinking either,  i was playing Snakes and it slipped.......................

Helps me concentrate,not a pretty picture i know...................................

Like 0      
18 Jan 2008 2:15 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Is that snakes and ladders???????

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
18 Jan 2008 2:17 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Georgia your as bad as my grandaughter she takes her Nintendo ds to the loo with her, we have to drag her out.    But this mobile internet sounds a good idea  Pat

Like 0      
18 Jan 2008 2:20 PM by mervy Star rating in oriheula. 138 posts Send private message

A company called euphony/orange as selling wireless internet at a cost of €30 per month.People can look on their web-site, i have a friend who has it and is happy with it.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2008 1:13 PM by Esteruca Star rating in Costa del Sol. 64 posts Send private message

I am been using the Vodafone USB for the last three months, (tarifa plana) always the same monthly charge of 39€ and is fantastic. The USB was free.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2008 3:41 PM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

I would like to think this is a good idea, but surely you also have to pay the cost of each phone call, which could work out expensive if surfing, although working off-line and only picking up the connection to send and pick up e-mails might not cost too much.

Mike & Gloria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hello from Gillespie - 20 posts
Living in Spain TV - 19 posts
Hi to everyone - 2 posts
Los Ramos - 0 posts
sands beach resort - 1 posts
buying property - 10 posts
notice required for 1st meeting - 5 posts
Property refurbishment - advice - 5 posts
Spanish Destinations - 4 posts
photos - 5 posts
Commercials on site?? - 7 posts
Polaris World shower cubicles - 0 posts
Tax loophole Bi-cell - 12 posts
driving to spain - 0 posts
Snagging Inspections - 3 posts
Snagging inspections - 5 posts
Snagging Inspections - 11 posts
Will the Prior case result in a slump in the Spainish property market ? - 1 posts
Los Lagos - 4 posts
cheap mobile phone - 6 posts
Snagging Inspections - 2 posts
licences? - 4 posts
Solar Panels New Law - Solicitors Advice Required - 4 posts
Kindness of the Spanish. - 31 posts
petorl prices - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 29

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x