Not ANOTHER Trevor McDonald prog ?? YEP !

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Dec 2007 11:06 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Good lord, post a thread and everyone wants to know where you live!!  Candyfloss and Karen haven't got a cartel going so they can "visit" when I ' m in Spain by any chance?

Only joking, peeps.  (honest)

Candyfloss, Mum and Dad are in Llanrumney (I'm a Splott boy, meself,  and proud of it)

Karen, village is Markfield, bout 10 miles from Leicester next to the M1 (right next to the M1).

So now you all know.  But it doesn't matter cos my new house in Quesada is almost ready.  The "estimated" completion date of Feb/Mar next year is ahead of schedule  (they're were tiling the bathroom last week when we visited - on a Sunday) so will be moving soooooooooooon.

Oh, and just so you know, it's bloody freezing in Llanrumney and Markfield!!!!!!!

Like 0      
18 Dec 2007 11:08 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Put him down Karen,

I saw him first. .

Seriously though, I have been following this thread too. I just wanted to say that, right or wrong, I do feel safe our area of Spain.

Britain is too soft on the criminal element over here and there is no respect for the law at all. Sick of hearing about the do gooders who do more harm than good. Capital and corporal punishment if you ask me and that would solve the overcrowding in prisons too. God forbid we upset the criminals and harm their human rights, do me a favour!!

Like 0      
18 Dec 2007 11:20 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Crikey Bob,

Does that mean you were that handsome boy in the Llanrumney end of TOP RANK?? Or were you with the posh toffs in the Splow end?  Oops we are thread drifting again, but at least we can have a laugh. Originally a Fairwater girl myself.

Come on everyone it's nearly Christmas ...........................

Like 0      
18 Dec 2007 11:22 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Only asking my daughter lives in Leicester and my friend in Barkby, used to live in Melton Mowbray ( NO pork pie comments please !!)..............................I have been to Markfield tho.

Got to say that having lived in a big city and a small town in UK...........have experienced crime in both places ( victim!!), but not in the 5 years I've been in Spain.

You need to take care where ever you are, common sense really.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
19 Dec 2007 9:46 AM by san miguel Star rating. 288 posts Send private message

san miguel´s avatar

This message was last edited by san miguel on 2/4/2008.

STOP CYBER-BULLYING 

AND PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH

Like 0      
19 Dec 2007 11:59 AM by pooley-santos Star rating in London UK/Huercal Ov.... 58 posts Send private message

"Some Things Are Worth Saying Twice" - Sadly that wasn't one of them!

Regardless of how many times something is said it cannot alter the facts! Oh and by the way the world is not flat and the holocaust did happen!

Like 0      
19 Dec 2007 1:11 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Hi all

good to read personal experience on this subject from several people. San and pooly have clearly made their point.  If someones trade/living depends on positive thinking/posts/actions  though, then it's hard not to to read bias over facts sometimes in to their opinions.

Happy xmas everyone, and good luck in 2008, especially  to all  those fighting the scum bags we all know about!!

Like 0      
19 Dec 2007 1:20 PM by pooley-santos Star rating in London UK/Huercal Ov.... 58 posts Send private message

Just to clarify matters goodstitch44 - I have no bias one way or the other; yes I do have a property development/building company in Spain, however I also have a table dancing club, a bar, a bar restaurant and a property company in the UK. Whether or not I eat next week no longer has anything to do with how well my business's are performing, nor has done for some years.

I make this point as I would not want anybody to think that I would take a particular stance to further my own ends.

Like 0      
19 Dec 2007 2:23 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

...........as if!

Like 0      
19 Dec 2007 5:14 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Does anyone know if the Trev McD prog is on pay-per-view? This is going to be bigger than the Hatton fight - in the red corner, Goodstich44; in the blue corner, Pooley-Miguel. Ding ding.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
19 Dec 2007 5:46 PM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

I can appreciate that crime in Spain is very low compared with the UK and that's one of the reasons for going there, but here in the UK we can generally avoid the crime by having a reasonable amount of "savvy" and not going where crime is rife.  When we go to Spain we have none of this street cred and therefore feel vulnerable, perhaps with little reason.  We have had a some crime in our area in Spain, but as has been said; opportunist theft of things like credit cards and passports, rather than muggings and stabbings.  We have yet to decide between the UK and Spain (if we ever do), but to leave an empty property at either end for extended periods of time can also be a worry factor.

We could worry about whether the Valencian Government are going to steal our new home, apparently vast corruption in local councils, diffferent traffic laws and struggles with even knowing where to pay the bills and whether you are paying them all.  It's a big step to feel forced out of the land you have lived in for 60+ years to go somewhere that you have only visited for 2 weeks at a time before, but surely we have the ability to think for ourselves and rationalise the evidence without giving in to sensationalist journalism on ITV?

Mike

This message was last edited by xetog on 12/19/2007.

Like 0      
19 Dec 2007 7:43 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

I can hand on heart state the biggest criminals and thieves here are the government! Tax at 18%, vat 16% and thats on everything I do !!!

Its no wonder residents arent mugged, we have nothing left!!!!!

Still - no one can steal our sunshine and heat!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
19 Dec 2007 8:00 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Tax at 18% ? VAT at 16% ?  Ah, yes!  Them were the days.

Just blew a head gasket on my car (literally, not figuratively).  Cost of repairs - £738,,,,,VAT £129.15   Total bill £867.15.

And I don't believe the Chancellor did one minutes work on the car to earn his £129.15.

Oh, then I filled the car up with liquid gold, £53.00 of which £45.58 was tax.  I am definitely in the wrong job.

Oh, and got a £500 Christmas bonus from job.  Less Tax of £200 and NI of £55 leaves me £245.  Cancelling Christmas in my house this year.

Like 0      
19 Dec 2007 8:15 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Wats a Christmas bonus then!! Im usually giving them not receiving! Guess I should be grateful really and I am - I know its better here in many many ways, or I wouldnt have stayed for 13 years

Today my daughter (yes yes off thread I know) told me she has been told she has at least an 8 overall in her 2nd year bachillerato - could be a 9. Now thats fac for the 1st trimestre of the course. She is studying in the sciences and aims for uni. To get to the top one in the field she wishes to study - bio-chemistry, which is in Salamancar, she needs a 9 at the end of this year. If she gets it she has been told she will get the 1st year of uni for free!!!!

Uni course per year is anything from 600 to about 1200 euors per annum depending on how many subjects taken in the course.

Bit better than uk meethinks!!

There are other bonuses as well. I remember many years ago when employed, after a year where the company pays the taxes and social, I got a refund from the tax they had paid! Now THAT was a bonus - and tax free

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
19 Dec 2007 9:36 PM by san miguel Star rating. 288 posts Send private message

san miguel´s avatar

STOP CYBER-BULLYING 

Like 0      
19 Dec 2007 10:41 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

hey, 300 posts. Do i get a glass of Sangria for that?

Like 0      
19 Dec 2007 11:11 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Well done Goodstitch,

Now you know what happens now don't you??   .

Ok seeing as it's it's Christmas let's thread drift  .  I'm happy, I've finished shopping hooray!!!

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 12/19/2007.

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 12/19/2007.

Like 0      
19 Dec 2007 11:31 PM by pooley-santos Star rating in London UK/Huercal Ov.... 58 posts Send private message

It has obviously escaped the attention of some but it is because of what the UK is today that so many people are leaving!

30 odd years ago the concept of living anywhere but the UK would never have entered my head, however as a grandfather of a 3yo boy, 'surrogate' grandfather to another 3 yo boy and uncle to a girl of  3 and a boy of 6 months I am genuinely fearful for there future. The drug and knife culture is now endemic in the UK, so far this year nearly 40 teenagers have been murdered, I don't want anybody in my family, or anyone elses for that matter, adding to that statistic. It would be incredibly stupid to think of Spain as being crime free, however it is the type of crime that concerns me more and in particular children being murdered. In fairness it may have happened in Spain,but if that is the case I am unaware of any instances.

I am very grateful to the UK it has enabled my family and myself to enjoy a very good lifestyle for many years and I will always maintain a property there for our use; however on balence for me and I stress this is personal choice, the time is right for my family and I to base ourselves in Spain and for my son and I to commute to London as business necessitates rather than the other way round.

Like 0      
20 Dec 2007 8:25 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Candyfloss

oh no!, what happens now............?

thanks for the chair, very handy for extra guests over xmas. Well done for finishing shopping. In hopeless male style, i've barely started yet!. Have a good one

x

Like 0      
20 Dec 2007 12:19 PM by san miguel Star rating. 288 posts Send private message

san miguel´s avatar

STOP CYBER-BULLYING 

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Justin.. bucket's in trouble ! - 1 posts
Spanish need help! - 2 posts
Mansion Club Marbella - Long Term Rental Required by Professional Couple - 0 posts
Mansion Club Marbella - Long Term Rental required by Professional Couple - 3 posts
Mansion Club - looking for Long Term Rental / Professional Couple. - 0 posts
Month early - 2 posts
Using Foreign Exchange Companies when setting up abroad - 3 posts
Renting out property in Zeniamar Orihuela Costa - 1 posts
Multi trip holiday insurance - 21 posts
Some new features please? - 10 posts
Pueblo Canario Corralejo - 3 posts
Ikea - Alicante - 4 posts
Hand Luggage - 3 posts
swap your uk property with my costa del sol app - 0 posts
apartment - 2 posts
New Year Celebrations - 18 posts
Snag List / Insurance / tips on completion - 0 posts
Alta Entinas update - 5 posts
After Completion Payments - 4 posts
Can anyone recommend an agent for selling in El Algar - 1 posts
Property Franchise - 1 posts
on the move - 2 posts
hello to you all - 3 posts
We found our area - 9 posts
weather in alicante - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 100

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x