Multi trip holiday insurance

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Dec 2007 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I am looking for a reasonably priced multi trip family policy as we go off to Espanol next Thursday . Hopefully we will have an apartment to live in when we get there . I have been looking on Moneysupermarket.com for a policy, but my Wife had blood pressure problems about 4 years ago and many will not cover her under any circumstances as it is classed as a pre- existing condition.

Any ideas anyone please?

Mark

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 10:53 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Mark, try M & S, heard that's good. Don't concern yourself about the blood pressure as certainly the one we have which is a multi trip travel insurance to Europe (free when we opened a current account with Alliance & Leicester) covers it. You just need to disclose certain conditions & BP isn't one & we did check it with them as both hubby & I have this condition & have had for many years. http://www.alliance-leicester.co.uk/currentaccounts/index.asp?page=prem-travel-insurance  Cover is by Fortis.

Check out http://www.alliance-leicester.co.uk/currentaccounts/travel-insurance-v2.pdf  page 12 Medical screening.

Previously we bought Direct-Travel insurance http://www.direct-travel.co.uk/

http://www.direct-travel.co.uk/travel-insurance/pre-existing-medicals.htm They covered me for currently taking only one medication for this too.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 12/12/2007.

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 11:03 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Hi More

A lot of policies specifically exclude hypertension if had at any time before taking out the policy. My missus reckones hypertension is blood pressure, but who knows what these insurers class as what????

Mark

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 11:03 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Mark

We did ours through Sainsburys, can't remeber how much it was but it was very reasonable for the annual europe policy.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 11:05 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Mark, see edited post I did , wasn't aware of other posts having been made.

Yes, hypertension is blood pressure. M & S said they'd cover me at no extra cost for existing hypertension too.

Hi Noreen

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 11:21 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Talking about hypertension I've just bought (Sunday) a wrist monitor for only £9.99 with a 3 yr guarantee parts & labour at Aldi's

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 11:45 AM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

I've taken medication for hypertension (high BP) for many years and have never yet had problems with multi-trip insurance. Used Amex, Barclays and currently with the AA.  I've never been able to book on-line as needed to clarify what medication I'm taking.  A couple of companies have charged an extra £10.

With all the trauma that we have in purchasing in Spain I'm not surprised more people don't have hypertension. I wonder if many Spanish suffer given their laid back approach to life?

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 11:56 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I'm between a rock and a hard place here. My wife hasn't had blood pressure problems for 4 or 5 years now. Some of the quotes for annual are as low as £40pa, but some (the AA) are £240pa for the same cover!!

Amex seem to have come in the best at the moment at around £50 for the three of us.

Mark

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 12:15 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Mark, with the companies I've mentioned she can answer all the medical screening questions ok, surely ? My OH & I take meds for hypertension & get cover easily so I wonder why you seem to think you have problems with your wife not taking meds for this.

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 12:28 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

From direct-travel.co.uk

Have you or any member of your party ever been diagnosed or treated for a malignant disease (cancer), back condition, psychiatric disorder, a breathing problem or heart related condition (including high blood pressure and high cholesterol)?

By clicking yes, the following waiver is put up:

You will not be covered for claims relating to:

a) any i) respiratory condition, heart condition, circulatory condition (including hypertension, stroke, transient ischaemic attack), back condition, malignant disease or any psychiatric disorder mental illness (including stress, anxiety or depression) for which you have ever been diagnosed or received treatment; 

Am I just being an "old woman" by not wanting to accept the above condition?

Mark

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 12:34 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Direct-travel have changed that then since we last used them, Mark. When I rang them they said they'd cover me , no extra charge, as long as I was ONLY taking one medication, (My friend takes 4 different meds to control her hypertension !!!)

Back to drawing board then.

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 12:38 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I've just got off the phone from talking with them and initially they told me the same thing too. Going through the application, they had to keep uping the level of cover which then increased the premium!! I got to double the amount and still with the clause before giving up on it!

Mark

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 3:17 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

£49 with Amex, plus my nectar points  . As they have a freephone number, it was easy enough for them to explain that there would be no restrictions and no increase in premium. Getting closer now, let's hope we don't have to sleep on the beach.

Mark

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 3:22 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Why did you leave buying insurance till almost the last minute Mark ? Seems you could well be "sorted" now though.

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 3:35 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

No point buying it 3 or 4 months before we travel. Only really got it for the medical side of things as life insurance wise we are pretty well catered for.

Mark

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 3:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Mark  You said "I am looking for a reasonably priced multi trip family policy as we go off to Espanol next Thursday" !!! That's not buying 3 - 4 months before needing it, is it ? I'm confused.

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 5:01 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

You asked why I left buying the insurance so late, so I replied that there is no point buying it too early. I was going to leave it until next Wednesday, but thought I ought to get a little bit organised .

Mark

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 6:18 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Bit of a difference buying it 7 days prior to needing it  rather than the 3 - 4 months you said though.  & I agree with that.

"No point buying it 3 or 4 months before we travel"

It's not that you knew for definite which insurer would insure your good lady wife, is it, as you asked here.

Anyway are you sorted yet ? (Get back in that bucket. )

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 6:22 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Only really started looking last night to be fair . All done and dusted now though

Mark

Like 0      
12 Dec 2007 6:30 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

No BAH HUMBUG in your siggie now, getting in the mood ?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Some new features please? - 10 posts
Pueblo Canario Corralejo - 3 posts
Ikea - Alicante - 4 posts
Hand Luggage - 3 posts
swap your uk property with my costa del sol app - 0 posts
apartment - 2 posts
New Year Celebrations - 18 posts
Snag List / Insurance / tips on completion - 0 posts
Alta Entinas update - 5 posts
After Completion Payments - 4 posts
Can anyone recommend an agent for selling in El Algar - 1 posts
Property Franchise - 1 posts
on the move - 2 posts
hello to you all - 3 posts
We found our area - 9 posts
weather in alicante - 5 posts
Andalucian Dream Homes - 5 posts
Bank Repossessions - 5 posts
Apartment Different to Plan - 5 posts
Buying in Puerto Marina Los Alcazares - 1 posts
San Javier extension - 10 posts
sending money to spain - 1 posts
Constitution day. - 3 posts
Easyjet have released their Luton flights now - 0 posts
Enquiry about Maria de Castro's baby son. - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 22

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x