Xmas dinner

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Oct 2007 9:31 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Margaret

Just tell your daughter that Morissons gets horribly busy around Christmas so to buy the turkey early as they get snapped up quite quickly.  In fact, Morissons in Gib isn't very good, it's always packed and they don't stock the shelves up very regularly.  As you can tell I'm not a fan of the place!!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
23 Oct 2007 1:45 PM by Sunshine Coast Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

anyone know of anywhere good to go for xmas dinner?

Like 0      
23 Oct 2007 3:52 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Yeah - Margaret Magee's daughters - she's cooking at home!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
23 Oct 2007 4:08 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
very good, Rixxy!!!!

Like 0      
23 Oct 2007 5:32 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Reckon we can fit 1000 or so of us around the table???

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
23 Oct 2007 6:10 PM by margaret magee Star rating. 38 posts Send private message

Don't  you just love these people that invite themselves for Xmas dinner. They are usually the type that don't offer to wash up either. And there's no booze left for Boxing Day.

Like 0      
23 Oct 2007 6:17 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Ill wash - Pitby will dry! We are very well behaved, honest.

Oh and we will bring our own cans of lager!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
23 Oct 2007 9:32 PM by margaret magee Star rating. 38 posts Send private message

Justin,

I didn't have you down as a "new man" shopping at the supermarket type of man. Have I got it wrong? What is your recommended supermarket in Manilva?

Margaret

Like 0      
23 Oct 2007 9:45 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar
I did say "stick a turkey in the oven" on 17th October!!!!

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 7:13 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Margartet I try to be as "new" as possible...but it's difficult to keep it going all the time!

Supersol is by far my favourite supermarket around here, the one on the hill up to Manilva.  As it's not the cheapest it doesn't get at all busy and the checkouts are normally really quick.  Plus....they sell English sausages...mmmmm...sausages.....

In contrast Mercadona is a nightmare.  Always really busy but when I feel brave I go in there as their own brand ice cream and cereals are better than anything else.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 10:21 AM by margaret magee Star rating. 38 posts Send private message

Cioffi1

When you start entering into the spirit of Xmas as early as October you know that you now qualify as one of Terry Wogan's old farts. How old does that make you feel?

Margaret

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 1:17 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Sad isnt it - just shows how bored we all are!!!!!!!

Justin, EVERYone knows Haagen Daz Dulce de Leche tub of ice-cream with crushed Malteezers mixed in is the worlds BEST ice-cream - wayhay better than Mercadnnas sorry excuse!

Yum - gotta have one tonight!!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 1:26 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Thought you were dieting in preparation for Xmas lunch. Nothing wrong with Mercadona Justin - just need to pick the right time to go (NEVER) no really there are good times and bad and to be honest their meat and fresh produce - veg, salad stuff etc is normally way way better than Supersol in terms of quality and usually price - usually fresher as well - Supersol seems aimed so much at Brits (hence all the Brit stuff) so they price it higher and are ready to stock gear the Spanish simply wouldnt accept. Do need to go there for cadburys choc though (the best)  -  you can get spanking English bangers at the English butcher in Benavista (near Peggotys) Leek and herbs, beef and tomato, Lamb and mint etc etc - they are the dogs!!!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 1:42 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

I always diet in preparation of the next tub! Too weak willed to hold out

Hey if Justin has lost loads on the meat eating thingy one, I reckon I ought to see if an ice-cream only diet would work! Only in the interests of science of course!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
24 Oct 2007 6:58 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I've tried the ice cream diet Rixxy....can safely say it's about as successful as the chocolate diet I tried....they both made me even fatter

Like 0      
26 Oct 2007 3:57 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Yeah but your male - I wonder if female hormones make a difference!

Worth finding out surely!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
26 Oct 2007 6:14 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
If the ice cream diet works for you Rixxy then I'm having a sex change!

Justin

Like 0      
26 Oct 2007 6:25 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Oooooh, I wouldnt bother if I were you Justin, youve seen how badly mine turned out 

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
26 Oct 2007 7:44 PM by margaret magee Star rating. 38 posts Send private message

I  having trouble trying to figure out how the thread about Xmas dinner turned into a diet thread......There is no way I can associate diet with Xmas dinner. The 25th is binge day of the year.

Like 0      
27 Oct 2007 12:26 AM by chipmonk Star rating in Staffordshire, Engla.... 101 posts Send private message

chipmonk´s avatar
No the opening of Ikea in Malaga is binge day by the sounds of it....All those meatballs that are going to be eaten

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Sunset Beach Torrevieja, CB - 0 posts
LINDA QUINN - 1 posts
music - 1 posts
Work permits, et al for Spanish Employment - 2 posts
Pregnant when you move to spain - 2 posts
Buying a property with a Ltd Co - 2 posts
Los Noranjos Apartments in Terque - 5 posts
PHASE 3 - 4 posts
how to move on to Spain - 0 posts
Mortgage Help - 3 posts
THE FONDUE LOUNGE - 4 posts
Help for Completion Please - 24 posts
Claims Form - Consumer Rights - 14 posts
snagging - 5 posts
Proindal web site - 3 posts
Cleaning Services - 1 posts
Successfully bought a property abroad without pressure. - 1 posts
Villa Martin - 4 posts
laguna green - 28 posts
Trips to Ibiza and Majorca - 5 posts
Forum Link Banner Changes - 9 posts
Hi Everyone - 32 posts
anthony worrall - 0 posts
Transferrable skills.... - 6 posts
Nueva Beach Club - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 77

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x